2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is the point of a spray on liner right away?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 01:12 PM
INFLUENCER
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What is the point of a spray on liner right away?

Ok so understand it keeps your bed from getting scratched up, but if you can spray Line-X on at any time, on a new bed or on a scratched up bed what is the point of getting it right away on a new truck? I mean why not just spray it on in a couple years after your bed is scratched up to give it that new look again?

I mean my main question is other than preventing initial scratches, does a bed liner have any other purpose to make me shell out the cash right away for it?

Old 01-18-2007, 01:17 PM
InstantGrits
Senior User
I love spray liners. They give you a no slip surface for cargo. If you carry anything that slides in the bed this will stop it from sliding. Other than that and the no scratch and less likely to ding the bed....I dunno...looks??

Old 01-18-2007, 01:22 PM
INFLUENCER
Senior User
Those are the types of answers I'm looking for, didn't think about the things sliding in the bed, that makes sense. Any more?

Old 01-18-2007, 01:53 PM
Ford Fx4
Laughing Gas
Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts
I got my linex about 2 weeks ago, bought my truck in Aug. Love it so far.

We got about half a foot of snow here the other week before I had the linex put in. Jumped in the snow covered bed to get the snow blower out, slipped off the tail gate coming down and just about broke my leg. If I only would have had my linex about a week earlier it would of never happen. When the bed gets a little wet and icy it sure is slippery. Now with the linex I don’t have to worry about it.

Old 01-18-2007, 02:29 PM
medic2586
Mountain Pass
why not check into a BEDRUG by wise industries.....removable, doesn't scratch the paint, tough and easily cleaned....i love mine

Old 01-18-2007, 02:36 PM
MIKESANDS
Senior User
Originally Posted by medic2586
why not check into a BEDRUG by wise industries.....removable, doesn't scratch the paint, tough and easily cleaned....i love mine
Don't you have to attach something to the bed sides to anchor it to? are those removable also?

Old 01-18-2007, 03:07 PM
medic2586
Mountain Pass
BEDRUG has velcro on bottom and on sides.....you can mount the factory side tie downs if you want and they will hold it a little better but it's only 8 screws in the factory tie downs. it all zips together and is easily removed, right down to the tailgate piece. if you like tailgatin', it's easy on the knees too.....no slipping around for any cargo, easily cleaned at carwash.....check it out at wise industries. the address is www.bedrug.com
let me know what YOU think....i love mine

Last edited by medic2586; 01-18-2007 at 03:10 PM. Reason: spelling and addition
Old 01-18-2007, 03:11 PM
MIKESANDS
Senior User
Originally Posted by medic2586
BEDRUG has velcro on bottom and on sides.....you can mount the factory side tie downs if you want and they will hold it a little better but it's only 8 screws in the factory tie downs. it all zips together and is easily removed, right down to the tailgate piece. if you like tailgatin', it's easy on the knees too.....no slipping around for any cargo, easily cleaned at carwash.....check it out at wise industries. the address is www.bedrug.com
let me know what YOU think....i love mine
I will..thanks

Old 01-18-2007, 03:19 PM
AZSANDMAN
Junior User
Talking

Go with the BedRug....
The spray in bed liners look great when you first get it. The problem is with time they end up looking like a dirty old tire. That dirty old tire look will decrease the value of your truck when it comes time to sell it.
So if you do get the spray in bed liner, get the spray in bed liner right before you want to sell the truck.

Last edited by AZSANDMAN; 01-18-2007 at 03:22 PM.
Old 01-18-2007, 03:30 PM
osbornk
Postmaster
My bedmat (under $100) keeps stuff from sliding around just fine. Sold my last truck at 179,000 miles and the bedmat kept the bed fine. The spray in liner doesn't keep you from denting the wheelwells and it ruins the paint anyway. If you do dent the wheelwells and mess up the paint, you simply install a drop-in liner when you get ready to sell it. The spray in liner doesn't age well and looks bad long before the rest of the truck.

Old 01-18-2007, 03:36 PM
rdalley
Junior User
Originally Posted by INFLUENCER
Ok so understand it keeps your bed from getting scratched up, but if you can spray Line-X on at any time, on a new bed or on a scratched up bed what is the point of getting it right away on a new truck? I mean why not just spray it on in a couple years after your bed is scratched up to give it that new look again?

I mean my main question is other than preventing initial scratches, does a bed liner have any other purpose to make me shell out the cash right away for it?
The Spray liner, or bed rug will also stregthen the bed. I threw some heavy stuff into my bed withoug the liner and it dented or flattened the ribs that go down the bottom of the bed.

Old 01-18-2007, 03:56 PM
medic2586
Mountain Pass
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by AZSANDMAN
Go with the BedRug....
The spray in bed liners look great when you first get it. The problem is with time they end up looking like a dirty old tire. That dirty old tire look will decrease the value of your truck when it comes time to sell it.
So if you do get the spray in bed liner, get the spray in bed liner right before you want to sell the truck.
hey AZSANDMAN,

glad to see another happy BEDRUG customer spreading the word. Those guys there are super nice too......they make the FORD Sportliner which is nothing more than the BEDRUG with FORD logo instead of theirs. The bedrug keeps stuff from sliding around and protects the bed with high density rubber like substance, looks great and easily removed. and no, I am not a bedrug salesman...lol....just think they have a great product

Old 01-18-2007, 06:13 PM
InstantGrits
Senior User
Originally Posted by AZSANDMAN
Go with the BedRug....
Totally disagree. Ive had two. One I had for 6 1/2 years. It looked perfect and added value at sale. Perhaps the brand matters...I dunno
But I do like the bed rugs also.

Last edited by InstantGrits; 01-18-2007 at 06:17 PM.
Old 01-19-2007, 01:01 AM
Wr3ckin_Cr3w
Senior User
Originally Posted by InstantGrits
Totally disagree. Ive had two. One I had for 6 1/2 years. It looked perfect and added value at sale. Perhaps the brand matters...I dunno
But I do like the bed rugs also.

i was thinking of getting a spray on for my bed, but i didnt know that the liners would fade over time. Instant, what brand of liner did you have

Old 01-19-2007, 02:21 AM
icemantr5
New User
Another thing to think about is how much you use your bed to haul material that will scratch your bed. I myself haul very little abrasive material so i use a simple $50 dollar layin liner that protects from anything that would scratch it. But the downside to it is that if you have something heavy in the back, either a) it makes it harder to pull it out or b) the mat gets caught and folds over since it is not anchored in.

Quick Reply: What is the point of a spray on liner right away?