Sponsored by: DP Tuner

DP F5 is in

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 11:38 PM
Hello
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DP F5 is in

OK. You guys made me get one. Installed it today and it is definitly stronger than my Predator on 100hp. In fact the stock setting feels like my Predator.
Drilled my dash, and made a permanent home where I can see it all the time. Right below the shifter. Nice digital display, New cable too!
1. stock
2. high idle
3. 60tow
4. 80econ
5. 120 race
Left my Predator 100hp tune in the PCM which will only work if I unplug the chip. Kept my Transcommand. All is well!

Thanks Jody and Diane.

Old 01-11-2007, 11:40 PM
TwelveAlpha
Elder User
Maybe FTE made ya get it but you're really GLAD, aintcha?

Old 01-11-2007, 11:45 PM
Tenn01PSD350
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Hello
In fact the stock setting feels like my Predator.

Left my Predator 100hp tune in the PCM which will only work if I unplug the chip. Kept my Transcommand. All is well!

Thanks Jody and Diane.
Could this be because the predator tune is still there when in the stock tune positon? If so, that wouldn't really be a stock setting then would it?

Old 01-11-2007, 11:47 PM
Hello
Senior User
Originally Posted by TwelveAlpha
Maybe FTE made ya get it but you're really GLAD, aintcha?
Over a year and half ago, FTE made me get the Predator from Motorhaven. Now FTE made me make the Predator a code reader. Gotta keep up with the times.

Last edited by Hello; 01-11-2007 at 11:49 PM.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:55 PM
Hello
Senior User
Originally Posted by Tenn01PSD350
Could this be because the predator tune is still there when in the stock tune positon? If so, that wouldn't really be a stock setting then would it?
This chip is a 4 bank chip which takes control of everything. All programs are run from the chip. Not from the tuner. The chip always defaults to 1 stock. It's the chip stock program that Jody put in. The real stock program is in the PCM or the main board. So it's not the Predator in the stock setting.
Call Jody, he'll explain it.

Old 01-12-2007, 12:03 AM
Hello
Senior User
0 position is also stock.
But you can't get to 0 unless you press both buttons, and then turn off your key. In that position, anyone driving it can't get to the other tunes unless you know how to work the display buttons. Good thing to prevent anyone else driving your truck from going too fast.

Last edited by Hello; 01-12-2007 at 12:11 AM.
Old 01-12-2007, 12:11 AM
Tenn01PSD350
Post Fiend
Call Jody, he'll explain it.
I'm not calling Jody. I asked you. As far as I know, the stock setting is just that, no tune, or what is in the PCM, or simpler yet, chip disable/bypass. If I have that wrong, let me know. Jody does not want to talk to me as I am not a customer. I would hate to think that I would have to pay for a "stock setting" which is already in my puter???? Now that I think about it, I may have done just that with my TS chip. Dammmit. If I did, that position ought to be a chip bypass one. And it should cost nothing.

Old 01-12-2007, 12:14 AM
Hello
Senior User
I'm not calling Jody. I asked you. As far as I know, the stock setting is just that, no tune, or what is in the PCM, or simpler yet, chip disable/bypass. If I have that wrong, let me know. Jody does not want to talk to me as I am not a customer. I would hate to think that I would have to pay for a "stock setting" which is already in my puter???? Now that I think about it, I may have done just that with my TS chip. Dammmit. If I did, that position ought to be a chip bypass one. And it should cost nothing.
Only way to get to the stock pcm tune is pull the chip. There is no switch to switch it off.

Old 01-12-2007, 12:32 AM
Tenn01PSD350
Post Fiend
Only way to get to the stock pcm tune is pull the chip. There is no switch to switch it off.
That is what I thought, but did not like. Why pay for a "stock tune"? BS if you ask me because it is there. I would think there should be a "Do nothing tune" where it is bypassed and that position should cost $0. JMO.

Old 01-12-2007, 12:41 AM
Hello
Senior User
That is what I thought, but did not like. Why pay for a "stock tune"? BS if you ask me because it is there. I would think there should be a "Do nothing tune" where it is bypassed and that position should cost $0. JMO.
I have 5 tunes, and Jody only charged for 3. So the other 2 are free.
Of the 3, hi-idle only cost $25.00. The other 2 are $45.00 each. So stock is free for sure, and the 80econ also. I added the 60tow, hi-idle, and 120 race as xtras.

Old 01-12-2007, 12:43 AM
Tenn01PSD350
Post Fiend
Sounds good to me.

Old 01-12-2007, 02:18 AM
670johndeere
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hello,

How does the chip work/feel with your transcommand. Does jody program it to work with the transcommand. Does it shift any different now with the F5 or the same as it was. I have a transcommand on my truck, and was thinking about getting a DP chip. I was just wondering about how it worked from someone that had it. Hope this makes sense.
Thanks

Old 01-12-2007, 02:54 AM
ron's power stroke
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
welcome to the dp tuner club..you will have lots of fun with it..ive had mine for a while and i still grin when i hit the go peddle.....yes the stock tune is always free..the rest is up to you...

Old 01-12-2007, 11:54 AM
Hello
Senior User
Originally Posted by 670johndeere
Hello,

How does the chip work/feel with your transcommand. Does jody program it to work with the transcommand. Does it shift any different now with the F5 or the same as it was. I have a transcommand on my truck, and was thinking about getting a DP chip. I was just wondering about how it worked from someone that had it. Hope this makes sense.
Thanks
The shift is quick and smooth. Feels the same as before I installed the chip. My Predator was also programed for a firm shift also. Jody didn't remove the shift firmness.
There is a pigtail connecter you get with the transcommand if you want to go back to stock. Just unplug the transcommand at the box, and put that connecter in and it's back to stock..
You have a Transgo shift kit with the transcommand. Is the shifting hard?

Old 01-12-2007, 06:44 PM
YellerMax
Senior User
'Jody does not want to talk to me as I am not a customer'

You don't know that. Maybe you're right, maybe you aren't. If people are passionate about what they do, they will often dispense free advice because they like to. I've probably answered a million building/remodel questions for people whose homes i did not build. I enjoy it. Maybe they'll remember that and be a customer one day. You'll never know if you don't ask