New York Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: tiny1

2007 G2G (Get 2 Gether) ideas and locations

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 09:42 PM
Ronin007
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile 2007 G2G (Get 2 Gether) ideas and locations

I thought about bumping this thread as a lot of the ideas there still apply, but I thought a new thread focusing on 2007 events would be better. So what are some ideas and where would we like to meet up?

We already have the thread going on our Letchworth State Park G2G. I would like to see a downstate one put together. I am hoping that Jason and JD could handle that one. There is also discussion going on about doing a regional Mid-Atlantic G2G with our fellow Chapter members from NJ, PA, Maryland, and Delaware.

What are some other ideas and where would we hold it? I figure we could use this thread to generate and develop ideas and then spin them off into their own thread when we are ready with them. So what are some ideas?

Old 01-12-2007, 06:10 AM
jasonschwenk
Elder User
I know that I will definately try and get something going at Bald hill on Tuesdays come spring. Besides that I figured I would see what car shows come up on Long Island this year and try and see what kind of a turn out we get before we really go all out and get something big together.....JD what do you think?

Old 01-12-2007, 11:53 AM
Ronin007
Posting Guru
I think any kind of G2G is a good one. Even if it is only two members getting together it is good. So big or small works for me.

I would like to suggest that any events that anyone is planning to attend this year that they post them up. Car shows, truck shows, wheeling events, track days, etc. I think the sooner we know about them the better chance that some of us can get together. Besides the Letchworth State Park G2G, Dave posted this thread about the Mid-America Trucking Show. I know that everyone can't make every event, but I figure the more options we have the better chance a member will be able to attend at least one event. So post them up gang!!

Old 01-12-2007, 12:09 PM
gomersinner
Senior User
I'll look around my area for places. What are we talking? Dirt roads through mountains that termintate at a possible good place to pitch some tents and light a fire? Mud? Skidder trails?

I would like to suggest setting up events for each month of the spring summer and fall. Maybe some winter month events for the snow-camper contingent.

Old 01-12-2007, 12:43 PM
Ronin007
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by gomersinner
What are we talking?
Anything and everything. The way I figure it not everyone is going to like every event or be able to attend every event. We have a wide spectrum of members with different interests and we are spread all out. My hope with this thread is that it will spark ideas and people will post up possible events we can attend or create our own to G2G at. So anything is fair game. Post away gang!!!

Old 01-12-2007, 01:04 PM
gomersinner
Senior User
I know a dirt road I've never seen the end of. It's along side a river and there are summer places along maybe the front half. I'll scout it out to the end and see what's what up there.

Then there's Tolmantown Rd. That's pretty hairy for a road.

Old 01-12-2007, 07:37 PM
fast frank 66
Senior User
bald hill is a great idea, although my truck isn't nice enough to get in to the show.

Old 01-12-2007, 08:12 PM
Jdenninger
Elder User
frank, if my truck is good enough so is yours

Old 01-13-2007, 06:01 AM
jasonschwenk
Elder User
Originally Posted by fast frank 66
bald hill is a great idea, although my truck isn't nice enough to get in to the show.
who cares! I believe it only costs a couple of bucks more to pull in the show area and if we have a couple of ford trucks parked together there i think it would be a good draw for our little club here!

Old 05-12-2007, 09:47 PM
Ronin007
Posting Guru
So what does everyone want to do now???

We did the Letchworth State Park G2G and now things have gotten pretty quite around here. Right now the current G2G's ideas are:

The Wallington Fire Department "Bog and Grog" on Sunday May 20 in the Town Of Sodus, NY. There is a thread here that you can post comments to.

There is the All American Car Show and Musclefest on July 14 in Saratoga Springs, NY. There is a thread on that here that you can post your comments to.

So are there any other ideas? Any shows or events in your area that you think would make a good NY Chapter G2G?? Let's get some ideas going and have another G2G. The one at Letchworth State Park was fun and everyone enjoyed themselves so let's do another one.

Old 05-14-2007, 04:54 PM
pancake
Elder User
Unhappy

hey all its been a while...

just my .02$

i dono id like to make some of the get togethers throught the warm weather but i dont have a lot of time...i work m-f and 1/2 of saturday every week as my normal schedule and it doesnt leave much for free time...

im here in utica about 50mile or so east of syracuse ny

i think the concept of muddin at one of these "turn off the paved roads" areas seems interesting enough though ive never gotten to do that other than getting my 4 wheeler stuck in the swamp near my sisters house

but for right now the ole 2wheel drive 150 has my possibilities pretty limited because ive gotten her stuck sunk into wet grass on the lawn and how embarrassing is that ...

oh well enough babbling from me ....you guys come up with something good and ill see if i can make the trip

Old 05-15-2007, 08:45 PM
soondg
Postmaster
Thumbs up

frederic of the New Jersey chapter is inviting members of the other chapters in the Mid-Atlantic region to a get together at his house on Saturday June 30th. Barbecue, in ground pool and room for other activities. Sounds like it will be a great time. Check out the thread he posted for rsvp and directions.

Last edited by soondg; 05-15-2007 at 08:51 PM.
Old 06-07-2007, 11:55 AM
Ronin007
Posting Guru
Ideas anyone???

So does anyone have an idea for a location or event to hold a G2G at??? It has been real quiet around here. I know I have been away too, but I want to see us get together a couple of times this year. So post up your ideas and we can expand on them.

There is still the NJ Chapter Meet & Greet on June 30th that we all have been invited to and information is here.

There is also the All American Car Show and Musclefest on July 14 in Saratoga Springs, NY with a thread here.

I'm working on putting another event together here in Western NY and will let all of you know once I get it worked out. So post up and let's see about doing another G2G!!

Old 08-23-2007, 09:34 PM
Ronin007
Posting Guru
So who is up to a G2G???

ranger1999 Bob offered to do a G2G in Deposit.

Carl offered to do a G2G at his place.

There is the Lake George car show that Jason posted.

There is the August 26, 2007 Farmersville SCORR event for those that like off road dirt racing.

Do any of these interest anyone to attend? Post up your thoughts and suggestions.

Old 09-18-2007, 08:57 PM
Ronin007
Posting Guru
So what about it gang????

People are asking about G2G's so let's do it. ranger1999 Bob has offered his place in Deposit. All he needs is a date from us. So what about it gang??? We are talking a central NY gathering which means this is accessible for most of us.

Here is some info ranger1999 Bob posted from another thread:

Originally Posted by ranger1999 Bob
and just for the record ill offer it again yall just got to decide on a date so my wife and i can get up that way.. we would love to meet yall and in all honesty we had a great time meeting with Fred and the guys of NJ at Fred's house and we are sure that us NY guys are just as much fun.
im also going to say i have a brand new BBQ set and a grille here in NYC that ill truck up to my deposit place ( Its a small one but hey we can cook a few things at a time) so we can eat ive got two refrigerators we can fill with food and drink, . Ive got 1.1 acres we can park alot of Ford trucks up there!!and well even tho its not a big place or that great of a place im sure we can all have a good time.. so let me know what ya wanna set up and my wife and i are game

on edit and if our place isnt what youre looking for in the way of a location please let us know where to be and give as much notice as possible so we can be there!!
So post up your thoughts and ideas on this.