Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

7.3L oil leak?? look here

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 12:58 AM
SpringerPop
Hotshot

Received 188 Likes on 112 Posts
They didn't say anything about the price of the kit. Guess they want you to call them to find out?

Part two is also on YouTube. You just gotta look for it, and it's not real obvious.

Pop

Old 06-11-2010, 01:41 AM
PaysonPSD
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Old 06-11-2010, 06:14 PM
Visseroth
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Found out how much the kit is. He says $235. Pretty spendy but better then pulling out the motor.

Old 06-11-2010, 06:41 PM
Visseroth
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OK, just received another email from him and I hope he doesn't mind me posted the email up for you guys but here ya go..............

From me:
The guys over at FTE posted up your saver kit and we’re
wondering how much you charge for the kit. The kit looks real nice and the
results look extremely promising. I think some of us are thinking of maybe
using the kit before we ever have any problems. What are your thoughts on using
the kit before a problem arises and how much is the kit?

From Mr. Frattasio:
thanks for the thread Pat,the price is 235.00.i charge 650.00 to install it total price, which includes the kit, oil and filter.using the kit before you rot through is the absolute best way to use this for two reasons, it makes the prep and install a breeze when you dont have to deal with dripping oil,and you will never have a rot problem in the sump area.you could also not drain your oil before install. ive done so many oil pans in these things it made me sick,family men spending large dollars on this foolish rot problem that ford new about for 10 years and never changed the corrosion protection.i finally lost it when in a moment of weakness i decided to do a friend a favor and clean & paint his ok looking pan before he had a problem,thats when i scraped a blister off his pan it started to leak on my lift,i would have given about anything to has this kit then. thanks again for the interest,looking forward to dealing with you guys.

Old 06-11-2010, 11:42 PM
cavitation
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Definitely worth a try even at the price of 235 given the alternative. I am keeping a close eye on my pan. I do not have any surface rust at the moment but I think where you live and the climate in your area is key. Strange thing is that my rear diff cover is a rust bucket! Really bad. So I bought an aluminum 08' rear diff cover a couple weeks ago. Will be installing it in a few days. Too bad the oil pan can't be fixed that easy.

Old 06-17-2010, 10:36 PM
JonathanN
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I finally got pictures up of my O-ring job... check them out here.

Old 06-22-2010, 09:40 PM
Dustint6
New User
02 f-350 oil leak

I bought the o-ring kit but it appears now that I need a new seal for the high pressure oil pump now. Does anyone know where or who sellsthe seals? Thanks

Old 06-22-2010, 09:45 PM
PaysonPSD
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Dustint6
I bought the o-ring kit but it appears now that I need a new seal for the high pressure oil pump now. Does anyone know where or who sellsthe seals? Thanks
Guzzle at Dieselorings.com Best prices and unbeatable customer service.

Old 06-22-2010, 10:22 PM
JonathanN
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by PaysonPSD
Guzzle at Dieselorings.com Best prices and unbeatable customer service.
I'm gonna have to get some stuff from him sometime... I just did the in-tank/in-line mods today according to his instructions on his site and my hat's off to you, Bob. Thanks for your time in writing it up! I'll post pictures one of these days along with my regulated return.

Old 09-26-2010, 10:18 AM
1988Mudddogg
New User
OK, 3 years later, after the first posting here, I am going to purchase a 7.3 Idi Turbo crew 4x4 for $500. It has a hell of a spray, and I would like to know where the Hpop is so I can look at it. I am new to diesels, and just want to see if that is the problem...

Old 09-26-2010, 03:48 PM
SpringerPop
Hotshot

Received 188 Likes on 112 Posts
IDIs don't have HPOPs.

Only Powerstrokes have them.

Pop

Old 09-28-2010, 12:24 PM
tracysippel
New User
Unhappy 1997 f350 oil leak

I am not sure if it's my HPOP. My leak is appearing from above my starter. It only does it after it is running or idling and stops 15-20 min after it is turned off. The ford dealer told me about a year ago that my oil cooler needed replacing so I did that and now I have this new leak.PLEASE HELP. I want to fix it so my husband doesn't have to. I am mechanically inclined.

Old 09-28-2010, 12:37 PM
JonathanN
Posting Guru
Still from the rear? It will come from that area, but your valley should be full as well. Sop up the oil with towels or rags and see which end of the valley fills up first. There are horizontal channels in the valley pan that will collect oil and they are VERY helpful in figuring out which end of the pan it's coming from. If it fills from the front, then it's an HPOP O-ring(s) and if it fills from the rear, it's your turbo pedestal. Mine filled from the front and took only five minutes to fill up the first lobe. I bought an O-ring kit from Ford, but you can get a complete kit from Clay (actually from guzzle, but Clay sells 'em and I love dealing with Clay!). Here's the link for both ends:

The HPOP (don't add the HPOP engine gasket, but DO add the serviceable plug):
Riffraff Diesel: HPOP o-ring kit w/ 7 o-rings

Here's for the turbo pedestal:
Riffraff Diesel: Turbo / Pedestal O-rings

Old 10-29-2010, 05:10 PM
Jetman7
New User
Leaking plug on the HPOP

02 7.3. The plug above the snap ring on my HPOP is leaking when I tried to find a oring for it I went ahead and stopped by a diesel shop they told me that they could never get that plug to quit leakiing. Well a new pump that he sugessted is 800$ from ford. Any ideas yall. Thanks for the feed back

Old 10-29-2010, 05:55 PM
baja2000
Junior User
Originally Posted by Jetman7
02 7.3. The plug above the snap ring on my HPOP is leaking when I tried to find a oring for it I went ahead and stopped by a diesel shop they told me that they could never get that plug to quit leakiing. Well a new pump that he sugessted is 800$ from ford. Any ideas yall. Thanks for the feed back
Diesel O-rings has all the O-rings you should need fix your leak.
Replacement O-rings for Ford Diesel Engines

Bill

Quick Reply: 7.3L oil leak?? look here