Nevada Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:67 Olfthfl

Name That Event!!

Old 01-10-2007, 08:08 AM
WillyB
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Name That Event!!

Our truck project keeps chugging along - it will not be long before we are ready!

I want to get the trophies and dash plates ordered - I thought a trophy for mud, one for trail, and a grand champion trophy would work. I also thought dash plates for all that entered, and, on our side, dash plates for those who worked on the project truck would be fun.

Trophies are a big wheeled with roll/light bar pickup truck on a stand - right now the truck resembles a GM, but I am working on that! Dash plates are adhesive backed metal foil about 3x2 that glue onto your dash or where ever you want.

But I need a name - I have been thinking of "2007 FTE Truck Rodeo" - and will go with that unless you guys come up with something better. Any ideas?

Also, how many entries will there be? You can run in just one event, but you have to compete in both to be considered for the grand champion trophy.

And no, we have not set a date or a location for the event. We will work that out when the time comes.

Old 01-10-2007, 08:14 PM
460 Crew
Elder User
I'll be thinking of a title the next few days. I'll be in both if everything holds together.

Old 01-11-2007, 10:49 PM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
"2007 FTE Truck Rodeo" seems redundant. "07 FTE Rodeo" would be sufficient.

Only two chapters running and we have a 'grand champion?' Maybe you should invite all chapters in the western region at least.

Old 01-11-2007, 11:04 PM
05XLT
Senior User
A Western Region comp. sounds like a good idea!

Old 01-11-2007, 11:10 PM
WillyB
Post Fiend
actually, we can't use "FTE" without their permission, and I have not told them about this, yet. How about "2007 Ford Truck Rodeo" on the first line, "FTE Western Region" on the second, event on the third, and champion on the forth? (FTE on the second line identifies the chapter, and does not infer they are sponsoring the event)

We get 4 lines, and 40 characters included with the trophy. Extra characters are not that expensive.

And I have already asked Oregon and Southern Cal to join us, and will ask the rest when we get a location.

Jason, what is "comp." and are you suggesting it as a name?

Old 01-11-2007, 11:17 PM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by WillyB
actually, we can't use "FTE" without their permission, and I have not told them about this, yet. How about "2007 Ford Truck Rodeo" on the first line, "FTE Western Region" on the second, event on the third, and champion on the forth? (FTE on the second line identifies the chapter, and does not infer they are sponsoring the event)

We get 4 lines, and 40 characters included with the trophy. Extra characters are not that expensive.

And I have already asked Oregon and Southern Cal to join us, and will ask the rest when we get a location.

Jason, what is "comp." and are you suggesting it as a name?
That sounds like a good solution. BTW, why not just ask? Doesn't cost them anything, right?

I think Jason is just saying it's a good idea to expand the competition.

Old 01-11-2007, 11:39 PM
WillyB
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Bdox
That sounds like a good solution. BTW, why not just ask? Doesn't cost them anything, right?
Better to beg for forgiveness than to ask for permission!!!

We have been waiting for 3 months for answers to some similar questions in the chapter leader forum. I will ask but not until I can tell them what it will cost them.

Old 01-13-2007, 12:50 AM
05XLT
Senior User
That's exactly what I was saying...

Search this Thread