2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hd Springs, Hd Springs, Hd Springs!

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2006, 05:54 PM
fordtruckman
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking Hd Springs, Hd Springs, Hd Springs!

WOOT WOOT dealership finnaly called me and said the springs were in and so i am taking it tuesday morning and will get it back wednesday morning will post pics of before and after with the plow on and off....03redstx i know your really interested and ill post asap!

-Matt

Old 12-25-2006, 08:16 AM
03redstx
Tuned
Originally Posted by fordtruckman
WOOT WOOT dealership finnaly called me and said the springs were in and so i am taking it tuesday morning and will get it back wednesday morning will post pics of before and after with the plow on and off....03redstx i know your really interested and ill post asap!

-Matt
Congrats and I appreciate that Hope u've got some snow to push around. 50 and suny here today, with no snow in sight. Can't snowmobile very well in this!!!!!!!!!1

Old 12-27-2006, 08:55 PM
fordtruckman
Postmaster
Ok took the truck to the dealership tonight and here is pics of it before the HD springs...

Old 12-27-2006, 08:56 PM
fordtruckman
Postmaster
ill post the pics of the HD springs tommorow when i get the truck back.

-Matt

Old 12-27-2006, 09:07 PM
03redstx
Tuned
Originally Posted by fordtruckman
ill post the pics of the HD springs tommorow when i get the truck back.

-Matt
youre teasing me, i figured these were the ones

Old 12-27-2006, 09:32 PM
VBigFord20
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That a boss 7.6 standerd duty steel blade I see?

How do you like that plow? When you take it off the truck how low is the carrage below the bumper?

I have been looking at the boss and the meyer and I am leaning to a boss 7.6 poly plow. Its good to see someone else running one on a new 150 to give some feedback.

Old 12-28-2006, 10:43 AM
fordtruckman
Postmaster
Talking

Alright got it back this morning and put the plow on as soon as i got home, you can see the difference a lot more when your standing next to the truck versus this picture but if your gonna get a plow for the front of your truck i certainly reccommend these springs becuase i drove down the road with the plow on and it doesnt feel spungy like it did before and when i go around curves it doesnt feel like im about to roll over either..... the total for it was about $298 and it only took 2 hours i dropped it off and they called me at 7 and said it was done but i didnt feel like driving back to the dealership last night (30min away from my house) so here's a pic of it with the plow on....

Old 12-28-2006, 10:57 AM
fordtruckman
Postmaster
Talking

Originally Posted by VBigFord20
That a boss 7.6 standerd duty steel blade I see?

How do you like that plow? When you take it off the truck how low is the carrage below the bumper?

I have been looking at the boss and the meyer and I am leaning to a boss 7.6 poly plow. Its good to see someone else running one on a new 150 to give some feedback.
I cant say anything negative against meyer plows because i see a lot of them, personally i love the boss, the quality is unbeatlable in my opinon and the service from the dealer from whom i bought it was awesome they gave me a truck to drive while they put the plow on (2004 F250 powerstroke FX4 supercab it was sweet!!!! lol) then when i got it back they went over everything, showed me how to change the fluid which is really easy and showed me how to adjust the motor meaning how fast the blade lifted and dropped also they showed me how to put it on ( i got the quick hitch package so it takes about a min to put the plow on and take it off, but even if you dont get the quick hitch package its still really easy you just have to push the tower towards the truck until it clicks and then the plow is locked on to your truck.) the carriage is about 3.5 inches below the bumper.

I dont know how exspensive the meyer plows are but the boss is kinda pricey mine after the quick hitch and wiring harness for my truck or our truck i should say was $3989 which included tax (6%salestax) and the installtion cost was included in the price so i dont know what it was. But i know that this plow is going to definatly last the life of the truck if not outlast the life of the truck plus it says "The Boss" on the front of the plow which makes me feel kinda powerful lol.... like i said i cant really say anything negative about meyer becuase i certainly see enough of them but believe the boss is a fanstastic plow.

Old 12-28-2006, 12:39 PM
03redstx
Tuned
Looks good man, although we can't see the rear, the front definitely doesn't droop as much. The feel around the corners is what it's all about, if it feels like its gonna roll on a dry corner, think about an icy wet one. Glad to see you finally got them on. Pray for snow now. Don't see any around here in the near future.

Old 12-28-2006, 02:43 PM
4wdriver
Junior User
did those springs change the fronts ride height at all,those are the code z springs correct?

Old 12-28-2006, 02:48 PM
r1killen
New User
nice springs

Old 12-28-2006, 02:48 PM
r1killen
New User
watch ur camber though on the outside of the tiress

Old 12-28-2006, 03:08 PM
fordtruckman
Postmaster
they are spring code zz and the ride height did indeed change in the front, before the springs the front was lower and now with the new ones the the front with and without the plow is even with the back yeah ill take another picture of the truck with the plow on so you guys can get a look at the back of the truck becuase the back of the truck doesnt lift up nearly was much like it did when i had the old springs on.

-Matt

Old 12-30-2006, 09:14 AM
VBigFord20
Senior User
$4000 is what I figgured to spend on a plow. I know when we got the meyer for our S-10 years ago it was alittle over $3k and that was a much smaller plow. I know everything costs more now.

I agree with you about the boss looking like its a much higher quality piece. I talked to some locals who have them and have herd nothing bad. Your the first with one on a F-150 I have talked to so its good to get opions from someone whos truck is close to mine.

Now wheres the pics of pushing snow?

Old 12-30-2006, 12:31 PM
fordtruckman
Postmaster
ok well here is sorta of one with me plowing snow, actually i think i just plowed a path to the garage and parked it but hey there is snow on that plow it was used! yeah if we would ever get any snow its been in the 40's for the past 2 weeks shoot Denver is getting all the snow oh well when we get snow ill take some of me plowing the driveway....

-Matt

Quick Reply: Hd Springs, Hd Springs, Hd Springs!