Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

truck not starting

Old 12-19-2006, 09:02 PM
nelly781
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
truck not starting

Ok heres the deal. Long story so deal with me. (for some history of my truck before this go to https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/5...to-engine.html) i doubt this info will be needed but just in case. the cure for this problem was that my computer was not properly grounded.

anyways, 88 fullsize bronco, 5.0L, came home from school thanksgiving, truck had been sittinfor a while, so i cranked it up, cranked just fine. ran it for a while and then cut it off. Come home for Christmas break, dead, the battery's read 0.67 volts, charged them and then got them tested and said they were good. brought em home, put em in, and then didnt crank the first time, so i replaced my fuel pump relay<---i chose to do this because of the history i mentioned before.--->anyways, my truck cranked and i ran it for a while. next day, i go to crank, and it turns over but nothing. one thing i know for sure is that my batterys arent holding charge. But i ran a self test on my computer and im getting codes 84 for (KOEO) and 11 for CM code 84 means EGR vacuum solenoid circuit failure. <----would this cause my truck not to start???? and yes i am getting spark and i am getting fuel, im not sure how much fuel pressure though, but i pushed the nipple on the tree and it doesnt look like normal pressure. i can spray starter fluid down the throttle boddy and it will crank. any info will help.

Old 12-19-2006, 09:04 PM
nelly781
Senior User
some more history

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/5...k-stallin.html

here is some more history before this problem started.

i may think im not gettin enough fuel pressure.

Old 01-03-2007, 10:19 PM
kelro
Senior User
Have you ever figured anything out on yours? I have a 89 with a 6 banger. Just going down the road the other night, it dies. Doesn't seem to have fuel pressure, don't have 12 volts to pump (has pump on frame rail). Can't get power through the fuel pump relay if I understand the wiring on it. Tried new fuel pump relay, didn't work. Tried good fuel pump relay out of my Dad's pickup, didn't work either. None fo the fule pump relays puts 12 volts out the brown wire but has 12 volts every where else with key on. Connections and wires look good but maybe I need to take that brown wire out for closer inspection.

Old 01-06-2007, 08:16 AM
moemeadors
Junior User
nelly - do the fuel pump check by grounding the terminal on the test harnass, this will cause BOTH pumps to run continuously, slide under the truck, listen for the HP pump... you will be able to hear the louder in tank pump while you are down there. If the HP pump isn't running, wiggle the terminals on the pump...I just had the same problem as you.

Kelro, check your inertia switch. All that crap runs through it.

Search this Thread