Need a vacuum diagram for 94 2.3l

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 03:18 AM
prerunner
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Need a vacuum diagram for 94 2.3l

Ok I dont know why I cant find this but im looking for a good diagram for a 94 2.3l engine vacuum diagram. I am trying to figure out from my biometer sensor in my air filter housing. I have one hose that goes around my engine and ends up connecting with the egr and fuel rail and go to the intake manifold. But what other hose is suppossed to connect to the biometer sensor. I dont have one and also my truck is running rich. Where is the 2nd hose suppossed to go and if i just plug the 2nd hole on the sensor will my engine not run so lean. Thanks for the help

Old 11-30-2006, 07:42 PM
prerunner
Senior User
ok So I found this diagram but I dont think its the right one. If it is I dont understand it. i dont see where the egr valve is or the fuel pressure regulator. All I really want to know is from the air filter housing. The 2nd hose that comes out of it. Where is that suppossed to go. Also if my truck is running lean right now should I let the vacuum hose going from the air filter housing to the intake manifold breath free or should I restrict it more. Thanks for the help

http://autozone.com/images/cds/gif/l...3d800b982a.gif

Old 12-01-2006, 11:47 AM
prerunner
Senior User
come on nobody knows where the vacuum line's from the air filter housing goes. Come on cant somebody just go out and look on their truck. This would really help. Nobody seems to know. I have tried the ford dealerships and everywhere else I can think.

Old 12-02-2006, 10:42 AM
TigerDan
Hotshot
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Have you checked the codes and they're telling you of this lean condition, or are you getting an indication from checking the plugs?

Anyway, If you have a hose to the manifold hanging free and just sucking air, it will cause the engine to run leaner than if it were plugged so yes, you'd want to plug it. I don't know if that's what would be causing your lean condition though. And yes, that diagram seems to be incomplete and I'm not having any better luck than you coming up with a better one (or any one...)

For some reason, vacuum diagrams are pretty hard to find on the 'Net. I'll keep looking though, and in the meantime, hopefully someone will pop in with an answer.

Old 12-02-2006, 01:45 PM
prerunner
Senior User
ok thanks for the help so far. So I traced the one vacuum line I have and it goes to the a/c unit and then just goes straight to the intake manifold. Since I dont have my A/C connected I just plugged that vacuum line. Now I just want to know where the other vacuum line goes. Also no I checked the spark plugs. they are super white and melted in some spots. It is throwing no trouble codes. Thanks again for all the help

Old 12-04-2006, 09:52 PM
prerunner
Senior User
Come on please someone help. Can someone with my same engine just look on their truck . Its the two vacuum hoses that go out from your air filter housing. One runs to the a/c unit and then accross to the intake manifold but where does the other one go to. Please guys someone help. I just want to get my truck to have some decent m.p.g.

Old 12-06-2006, 06:37 PM
TLyttle
Junior User
I understand your frustration, prerunner, I had no success in finding a vacuum diagram for an Omni (Ominous?), so I played plug and try for quite awhile before I got it right (or as right as you get it on a Mopar). Something about the manufacturers changing things on the line and putting the right sticker in there. An accident, or the environment, or something will destroy the sticker, and there you are with an Easter Egg Hunt.

... and I ain't sure you will get any decent mileage with the mud tires, either. All that highway row is sound energy, which shows up in poorer mileage...

Old 12-06-2006, 08:01 PM
TigerDan
Hotshot
I'm still trying to come up with something for you...this is bugging me...

Old 12-10-2006, 03:22 AM
prerunner
Senior User
Ok well I figured it out. The vacuum hose is suppossed to go to a actuating door that when Its cold out opens and allows the hot air from the headers into the air filter housing to warm the truck faster. But since the truck is fuel injected and I live in Southern cali I dont think I will really need. Now to figure out what is wrong with my truck. maybe the fuel pressure is low

Old 12-10-2006, 11:52 AM
TigerDan
Hotshot
Glad you got it...but you still have to have a bi-annual smog check down there, and you'll need it pass the visual inspection. Junk yard time...

Harbor Freight has a nifty little EFI fuel pressure tester for 15 bucks:

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=92699

I have one, it's pretty good for the price. And even though it's not throwing any codes I'd be interested in the condition of the O2 sensor. They're supposed to be good for 100K miles and frequently go more, but it might not be a bad idea to replace it if it's never been done and you've got more miles than that.

Last edited by TigerDan; 12-11-2006 at 06:44 PM.
Old 12-11-2006, 06:37 PM
prerunner
Senior User
ya when I got the smog the last time the guy mentioned something about a hose coming from the headers that is suppossed to go to the air intake housing but he said he would let it go since it took me 5 try to finally pass smog. I had to change the cat and it still barely passed. Thank you for the link. I love harbor freight except for the electronic stuff like drills. The oxygen sensor was changed out like 3-4 years ago and about 70k miles ago so I dont think they are bad but not sure.