Tennessee Chapter Join Chapter Leader: harleymsn

Leader position is up for grabs in this chapter.

Old 12-17-2006, 01:41 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Leader position is up for grabs in this chapter.

I have thought about it quite a bit. I'm going back to "Just Another Member" status because I have done this too long, don't agree with some folks in charge, and because this isn't getting any engines built out in my shop.

If you choose to come forward and grab this bull by the horns - you should know that it does come with a few perks. You will be able to see some things that other FTE members don't see, you will have a good idea of the direction FTE is going in and why, you will be part of a small group of people who definitely make one heck of a contribution to this place, and forever after you can say: "I DID THAT! I helped make FTE happen."

But it is also very frustrating. It pays absolutely nothing. It can eat a lot of your time up if you let it. You might confuse what would be nice to do with what is expected of you. And the chapter itself may simply fail to grow - no matter what you try.

There isn't even any kind of guarantee that the Tennessee Chapter will even last...

But as for myself I am so dang proud of every one of you who have ever posted here, and ten times as proud of all of you who made it to get togethers, that I can find no words sufficient to express it....

If I had it to do again, I would not change even a tiny bit of it.

It is time to pass the torch - I have race trucks to build, and I've got no idea where the time and money is going to come from.

~Greywolf

Last edited by Greywolf; 12-17-2006 at 02:14 PM.
Old 12-17-2006, 08:29 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
PS: In the morning I will no longer have Chapter Leader priveleges.

IT IS DONE

Old 12-17-2006, 08:49 PM
cmpd1781
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome back to the world of the Hoi-Polloi, Wolfie.......I hope your thoughtful and engaging insights are still forthcoming in FTE.....It ain't all about building race trucks, ya know.....and there's still thousands of members out here needin' advice on the best grade of oil to use....Which is better, a v10 or a psd, or how to pick up chicks...(haha). Keep it coming....

Old 12-17-2006, 09:22 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
I ain't said I'm fixin' to go smooth away...

I just ain't gonna be responsible fer it no more!!!!

*snikkerrezz*

Old 12-18-2006, 11:27 AM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Y'all may be stuck with me for a while longer.
(He says, gloomily)

But I warn ya - I ain't no dang manager! I can't schedule worth a hang, and wouldn't even know what day it was if I didn't have a digital watch...

Could someone please take this from me?

I'd rather just be one of YOU.

Last edited by Greywolf; 12-18-2006 at 11:29 AM.
Old 12-18-2006, 03:32 PM
lariat97
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hope someone steps up & takes the job. I think you have done a great job Dutch. Its a tough job. I sure don't want it. I don't have the time . If I had the time I'd use it on my other hobbies like shooting & fishing. FTE is a great place to visit & to learn about our trucks. I like to help other members but I believe being one of the regular guys is the best place for me

Old 12-18-2006, 06:30 PM
maples01
Logistics Pro
Received 89 Likes on 85 Posts
Not for me, I had problems elsewhere with trying to get things in my area going, a comment from someone who stuck their nose in and didn't know what was going on didn't even understand what was said, caused my wife to leave the site totally, and I left the chapter, then later took a break from the site. Many just don't know what they are getting into when they take charrge, just not really worth it from what I see.

Old 12-18-2006, 06:46 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
I was talking to Ken Payne earlier today (YES, he's a real person with a telephone!) and it occurs to me now that we talked about the rep point thing (He said "You're right - but it shouldn't be abused." And I said "That's true and I can see that - but a finer tool we couldn't want fer." So we agree). We also talked about what the heck went on with the NWC. Basically they secceeded from the UNION...

Where they went I have NO dang idea. I wonder if they even thought about that. Seem like if you gonna go away you ought to think about where you gonna git to...

But in all of this, I know Ken asked me once if I was serious about stepping down. Well I am, but not if there isn't anyone fixin' to carry it on here. So picture a man with a big box on one shoulder marked "TENNESSEE CHAPTER" walking around lookin' fer someone to hand her too.

If you want it - it's right here ready made. Won't cost ya one thin dime, brother...

~Greywolf

Old 12-19-2006, 07:27 PM
lariat97
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What happens to the Tn chapter if no one steps up & takes over for you? Does it just die? It wasn't doing much before you took the leadership role. I had tried to join for several wks & no one was in charge to sign me in. The chapter has grown a lot since you took over. I hope someone steps up & keeps it growing. Tn is a tough state to lead a chapter in. Its so wide its hard to plan gtgs that all the members can attend. Is there any way to talk you into staying our leader Wolfie? You have done a great job in my opinion.

Old 12-21-2006, 02:52 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
I need a vacation from it at least. As it stands, there is currently no leader and hopefully applications will be auto-approved.

Old 12-21-2006, 06:12 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
There is a common misconception that more than 90% of what I have done for this chapter I had to be the chapter leader in order to do. In reality almost every bit of it I can do as an everyday ordinary member of the chapter.

All I had to be leader in order to accomplish was to bug the other chap leads, read words handed down in the mod forum, and okay apps for chapter membership.

All the rest I just did 'cuz it seemed like a good idea at the time...

I've answered the CL mailbox here for quite a few years in total. It ain't that hard to do. I just figure it's someone elses turn.

As for the rest - ALL of the rest - I never said I was going to quit any of that, did I?