Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Newest member of the cannon club!

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 06:02 PM
cbrnflt
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Newest member of the cannon club!

Well, got my 5" system the other day from Mark. UPS beat the crap out of the box so when I opened it up I was pissed. Big flattened spot on the second pipe, just past the 4" to 5" transition. I get home early in the a.m. from work, so couldn't call Mark to let him know what happened. Went to the local exhaust guy but didn't have a mandrel big enough to push out the defect. Part of me is thinking it might be there for a reason, but the condition of the box and crude look of the "dent" are giving me doubts. That, plus the fact that in all the reasearch I've done before actually purchasing an exhaust I'd never seen that mentioned, led me to think it was damaged. Finally got late enough here in Florida and got in touch with Mark.

Thank god the shop didn't have a big enough mandrel because, as those who have the 5" can attest, the "dent' is there for clearance at the tranny crossmember! Of course it started to rain right after I started fighting with the clamp at the downpipe . Went right at it again this morning, and 4 hours and lots of cussing plus one busted finger later it's done. Had to loose my spare (285/75/16 was too big) and man it's close to the shock, but it looks badass! Overall, pretty pleased, thought it might be a bit louder, but man it takes off from the line like a scalded dog now. I've heard people say you loose a little off the bottom with the big pipe, but my seat o' the pants dyno thinks they're wrong. The turbo spool-up sounds like a jet now, my 3 y/o daughter started to laugh when I first started it and brought the revs up (future dieselette). Only thing that needed improvement were the directions. No mention of the flattened pipe (it does look poorly done) plus no pics for reference. Sorry for the ramble, thanks to others who have posted about both the pipe and Mark's product-made the decision easy.

Old 12-15-2006, 06:06 PM
mjlewis
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
awesome! glad that you enjoyed your new exhaust
thanks for the info on those pipe, and sorry you got a little beat up while installing those that cannon.
makes me want to go and get a set myself.

Old 12-15-2006, 06:10 PM
Uzumati
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
It is tite as a ______________. But it does sound good.

Welcome to the cannon club.

Old 12-15-2006, 09:31 PM
PETE'S_6.0PSD
Postmaster
thats what i was thinking when i got this system from Mark, this spot is made for your trans crossmember , its not a dent , trust me, otherwise it would hit it or rattle
Welcome to cannon Club
now Enjoy worst gas milage,,,,,

Old 12-15-2006, 09:35 PM
Tenn01PSD350
Post Fiend
My boxes looked a little rough too. I posted about that "dent" when I got mine. I was able to figure it out because it did not look accidental. I did have to hammer a few couplings back to round though as they did get dented. No biggy. A few minutes.

But that sucker is great though eh? I didn't think I really lost much low end either and the quicker spoolup more than made up for that.

Welcome to the Cannon Club.

Now, a set of gauges and a chip. After the chip, you'll never be able to drive it stock again.

Old 12-15-2006, 09:49 PM
cbrnflt
Senior User
Yup, I'm itching to get my DP and gauges. Spent some more coin last month on a set of projector headlights and Euro tails as well a Stuhl grill. Need to buy some presents for the wife and kids next

Old 12-15-2006, 10:09 PM
TNT in Round Rock
Posting Guru
welcome to the club !!! Man, UPS TRASHED my box so I was on the phone to Mark abou that big dent in mine !!! .. HAHAHA glad I'm not the only one

Old 12-15-2006, 10:14 PM
PETE'S_6.0PSD
Postmaster
Talking

mine was roughed up a little , and it was a hummer time on few to make them round, but BOY this was the best 300$ i have ever spent

and cbrnflt you can just throw the radio out , you will have new station on,
i never new that i will listen to one song for so long

Last edited by PETE'S_6.0PSD; 12-15-2006 at 10:17 PM.
Old 12-15-2006, 10:17 PM
Uzumati
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Our trucks have a radio?

Old 12-15-2006, 10:18 PM
PETE'S_6.0PSD
Postmaster
LOL

good one amiller

Old 12-16-2006, 04:06 AM
ron's power stroke
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
welcome to the cannon club now all you need is 6" tip held in place with a stainless steel band...

Old 12-16-2006, 08:08 AM
Kwikkordead
Fleet Owner
Received 791 Likes on 603 Posts

There is no substitute!