Tennessee Chapter Join Chapter Leader: harleymsn

I ain't gonna lie - your Chapter Leader is a lawbreaker...

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2006, 12:03 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I ain't gonna lie - your Chapter Leader is a lawbreaker...

Last night was a friday, and the place I work at rented out the whole top floor of the "RUM BOOGIE CAFE" down on Beale street in memphis town.

MAN! They was food falling out of everywhere! Catfish fritters, boneless chicken fillet, PRIME RIB!!!
I must've looked like a hog in a holler behind a busted grain silo! But anyways...

Coming home, I run right up Thomas (highway 51) and I dropped off one of our folks, come back out on fifty one just a mile short of Watkins street and was fishin' fer my lighter...

I topped the last hill before the North Watkins light and "OH LOOK AT THAT!"

1) Car on the side with a whole mess of junk on the roof.
2) Glance at the speedo - near pegged on 65.
3) Jam brakes, fergit the DANG lighter!!!

I knew the bubble gum machine was sure to light up even before it did, so I was already looking to see if it was safe to move over...

I'm gonna tell ya right now - the officers in Memphis have one reputation or another, depending on how you act! Be an idiot and it WILL cost (and possibly HURT) you.

Understand that they are just doing what they supposed to do - you'll do alright. Trust me on that.

I pulled off and cut the engine, yeah - he done follered MY silly self. I was already fishing for my wallet, and had the window down (DON'T get out. That's a bad move)

The very best thing you can possibly say, I believe, is what I did.

"Evening, Officer."

He said: "I have you at 56 in a forty zone..."

And I said: "YOU SURE DO! I wasn't watching it coming over that hill."

Now - the usual happened, and he went back to run the stuff on his comm link. It came out okay.

NEVER ASKED THE FAMOUS QUESTION: "Sir? Have you been drinking tonight?"

When he came back he told me that he knocked ten MPH off of it, to a 46 in a 40 zone, and I said "DANG!!!"

He said: "Sir? Are you alright?"

I said: "Oh HECK YEAH! Thank you!!! You know you had me COLD..."

"Yes Sir!"

We talked about how to pay it and such...

"You have a good evening mister..."

"Hey! Happy Holidays to ya!!!"

THAT could have easily been a whole world worse than that, I mean to tell ya. It has been an observance of mine for many years that your ability to keep your backside intact is directly proportional to how decently you behave towards people....

~Greywolf

Last edited by Greywolf; 12-09-2006 at 12:11 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 12-09-2006, 02:15 PM
lariat97
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You did good. I had about the same thing the last time i got pulled over. I was doing 70 in a 55. By being respectful & honest to the officer I was rewarded with a 60 in a 55 instead. I took it to court & they threw it out with no fine & no points on my record. It pays to respect our cops. They have a rough job that I couldn't do. I don't have the patience.

Old 12-09-2006, 03:38 PM
BigDfromTN
Tuned

Hey Wolfie, Funny thing, Thats the same spot I got pulled over last time. It was daylight, had been downtown and was heading back to the office in Millington. I got lucky dropped a name or two of some friends and got by with a tongue thrashing.

Twas a good day!.

Old 12-09-2006, 08:06 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Well this is like to cost me thirty bucks, but I can thank my lucky stars that I wasn't a pure fool while I was on Beale street! As it was - my first thought was: "THIS is going to be expensive..."

Last edited by Greywolf; 12-09-2006 at 08:10 PM.
Old 12-10-2006, 12:49 AM
alabamabuddog
Elder User
There is a speed trap right there. I always try to put the cruse on right through there at the posted limit. Seems I only get stopped in Texas though. Twice in the last 15 years and they were both on the same trip to Houston Tx.

Figure that?

Old 12-11-2006, 09:11 PM
B-61 Bulldog
Senior User
you was right there @ the catholic church (OLS) WERENT YA ? they're bad under the hill (nouthbound side ) & getting bad over the hill past the church (southboundside ) man i try to ease through there & THE NEW MILLINGTON SPEED TRAP ON BOTH SIDES OF TOWN on 51 (or as i call it the main drag )

@ least he let ya go w/ only 6 mph over bad thing is it goes to King Wille :roll

later

Bulldog

Old 12-12-2006, 05:07 PM
maples01
Logistics Pro
Received 89 Likes on 85 Posts
Attempting to merge on Sam Ridley in Smyrna, some rich a-hole in a Mercedese was in the lane, I slowed, he slowed, I'd sped up a little, he copied, so I hit the brakes, then hammered it hard. My 92 Dakota had a modded 5.2 and Magnaflow dual cat back, and sure enough the cop was sitting where he usually sets within site of the top of the over pass and definately heard it open up. He pulled me over and asked just what I was doing and I told him I was trying to get myself unpinned from the shoulder, explaining the other car, being disabled has it's perks too. When he came back with my license, he looked at my hat and said are you in the NRA, I said yes, he said me too, have a nice day and let me go. I gotta say, I hate the shoulder on an over pass and if I was rich, I'd have put the side of my truck against that car and forced it over, he seemed determined to run me over the debris on the roadside.

Old 12-13-2006, 09:08 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
You would think the officer had seen the other car... Well, maybe not.
Sure would be nice if some of the "Malicious Morons" out there lost lisences more often!