1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

deal of a life time Tailgate

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2001, 11:14 AM
jaye
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 01-05-2002, 09:35 PM
Paso1
Tuned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well I noticed in a post that 286 merc suggested that when he was out with his truck he felt people were eyeing up his tail. "tailgate" that is. I 'm restoring a 53 mercury M350 It's whole life was a grain truck with hoist so I decided a long time ago that I would restore it as a Farm truck with a grain tailgate. This guy stopped in one day and was admiring the truck and causually mentioned that his grandfather had a truck like that and used it as a grain truck. In fact he said the tail gate was taken off the truck when it was new (ya right ) and put in the rafters. Still there he said. Would you want to buy it.? not really interested I said not really but maybe I should in case I change my mind on how the retoration went. He said I'm sure it's worth $100.00 ( That's $ 63.00 US $ ) well he dropped it off today The thing is orginal and like new. Unbelievable things like this do not happen to me I think 2002 is going to be a GOOD Year. sorry for rambling but only you guy's can appreciate the score I'll post a picture in my gallery.