Has anyone bought this?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2006, 09:04 PM
Drag_N_Fly_One
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Has anyone bought this?

Hey all. I was wondering if anyone is currently using the www.dieselsecret.com program for WVO?

I've read through the whole site. For $40.00 you get the manual to build the processing station, and formula of chemicals to use along with a bottle of thier additive that makes up to 152 gallons.

They say there are no waste products (glycerin) with thier system. Which to me is a big plus. The other plus is it costs .42c a gallon to produce... depending on where u buy the chemicals to mix with yor oil.

The one thing they have said about the WVO is you cannot use Hydrogenated oils with thier system. I'm thinking most resturants will be using that or at least partially hydrogenated oils. So oil supply might be an issue.

Old 08-21-2006, 07:21 AM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Drag_N_Fly_One
Hey all. I was wondering if anyone is currently using the www.dieselsecret.com program for WVO?

I've read through the whole site. For $40.00 you get the manual to build the processing station, and formula of chemicals to use along with a bottle of thier additive that makes up to 152 gallons.

They say there are no waste products (glycerin) with thier system. Which to me is a big plus. The other plus is it costs .42c a gallon to produce... depending on where u buy the chemicals to mix with yor oil.

The one thing they have said about the WVO is you cannot use Hydrogenated oils with thier system. I'm thinking most resturants will be using that or at least partially hydrogenated oils. So oil supply might be an issue.
Once again it comes up! Diesel secret is SNAKE OIL........Don't waste your money or your engine............

FABMANDELUX.

Old 08-21-2006, 12:14 PM
phatbulldog
Senior User
I'll give dieselsecrets credit for one thing. It got me into biodiesel. I bought the crap, after running 2 tanks I noticed my truck feeling sluggish so I looked into bio. Had it not been for that I wouldn't of had a clue about all this.

Old 08-21-2006, 04:37 PM
Drag_N_Fly_One
Junior User
Originally Posted by fabmandelux
Once again it comes up! Diesel secret is SNAKE OIL........Don't waste your money or your engine............

FABMANDELUX.
On what basis do you derive yor opinion that it's snake oil? I'm not trying to be a smart *** or anything.... I just want facts that it truely is junk. I was taught a long time ago not to just take a persons word for anything... ask that they provide factual information to back up their opinion. and i really don't want to **** anyone off, I'm just trying to learn. They say on their website that most people who make bio will call their product junk and they have lots of testamonials of satisfied customers.

phatbulldog: Ok you've used the stuff... and yor truck went sluggish... did you try and determine why? Could it have been a bad batch? Were u using partially or fully hydrogenated oils in your mix? I've no clue what other chemicals they have you use in the process... but could your mix have been off?? Also... what did it cost you to make the processing station?

Thanks guys.

Old 08-21-2006, 05:30 PM
phatbulldog
Senior User
After reading around I learned they didn't create some magic formula. They took what ppl been doing for years (minus the "secret" forumla) and took it mainstream. I like you probably did, made a search on biodiesel and that was the first thing I seen, I bought it, made the kit and used it. You can use the system they tell you to build and mix it the way they tell you; but you don't need the DSE to hold everything together. They call it blending, check this site out http://biodiesel.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=cfrm&s=447609751 under SVO you'll find a guy name B K hosken. He's a blender and I think he runs 90% WVO and 10% kerosene. Your just thining it out. Also check this site out http://www.dsetesting.com/ I'm on there too, but I haven't blended my fuel in about 6 months. I prefer #2 diesel or biodiesel. But I just spent alot money on bean injectors so none of that blending stuff is going in my truck anymore.

Old 08-21-2006, 05:55 PM
phatbulldog
Senior User
phatbulldog: Ok you've used the stuff... and yor truck went sluggish... did you try and determine why? Could it have been a bad batch? Were u using partially or fully hydrogenated oils in your mix? I've no clue what other chemicals they have you use in the process... but could your mix have been off?? Also... what did it cost you to make the processing station?

Thanks guys.[/QUOTE]

Sorry didn't really answer your questions. Just trying to get some facts out first. I'll tell you why I stop using it with this story. I would take the wvo filter it then heat it up and mix the RUG (regular unleaded gasoline) and diesel (from Florida so we don't know what kerosene is) I would put everything in the drum and mix it. I would run it through the filters again and into my tank. After I got done the barrell was empty but this black nasty tar was coated all on the bottom. After that the thought of that stuff in my truck consumed me. I would hear the strange littlest sound and my stomach fell.

I used non hydro oil. I think the full won't mix, you'll have two layers and won't blend. I think I had maybe $150 in everything, actually I just threw it out about a month ago. Should have kept the 2 harbor freight pumps for a backup for my BP (biodiesel processor).

Old 08-21-2006, 06:32 PM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Try here first: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/4...=Diesel+SecretThen here: http://www.forums.biodieselnow.com/t...?TOPIC_ID=8542

And here: http://biodiesel.infopop.cc/groupee/...4511077101/p/1

And here: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/4...=Diesel+Secret

There have been many studys that show that burning UN-HEATED vegge oil will KILL YOUR ENGINE! Mixing GASOLINE, KEROSENE, and their SECRET, will not get around the fact that un-heated oils will slowly kill your engine!

If you are still unconvinced I will waste my time and post the links to the studys.

FABMANDELUX.

Old 08-22-2006, 06:34 PM
Drag_N_Fly_One
Junior User
If you are still unconvinced I will waste my time and post the links to the studys.

FABMANDELUX.

Aww c'mon Fabman. U shouldn't think of it as a waste of your time. What it is is helping someone learn somthing you already know.

But really no need to post them... All of what I have read in the links you posted was enough to convince me... along with phatbulldog's posts.

Down the road as my income will allow I'll be building my own bio-diesel station.... Business has not been great, so playin catch up now.

I'm sure I'll have plenty more questions as i study how to build and then refine my own bio from wvo.

Really Fabman I appreciate your patience and time helping the less knowledgable.

Frank

Old 08-22-2006, 06:41 PM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Drag_N_Fly_One
Aww c'mon Fabman. U shouldn't think of it as a waste of your time. What it is is helping someone learn somthing you already know.

But really no need to post them... All of what I have read in the links you posted was enough to convince me... along with phatbulldog's posts.

Down the road as my income will allow I'll be building my own bio-diesel station.... Business has not been great, so playin catch up now.

I'm sure I'll have plenty more questions as i study how to build and then refine my own bio from wvo.

Really Fabman I appreciate your patience and time helping the less knowledgable.

Frank
Sorry if I came across a little gruff, Frank, but this keeps coming up and I do get a little frustrated.

When your ready to make Biodiesel please come back to this forum, and we will all try and help.

FABMANDELUX.

Old 08-22-2006, 06:48 PM
Drag_N_Fly_One
Junior User
Sorry if I came across a little gruff, Frank, but this keeps coming up and I do get a little frustrated.

When your ready to make Biodiesel please come back to this forum, and we will all try and help.

FABMANDELUX.
No need to appologize good Sir. I understand, and we all have things that frustrate us on sight. LOL

I'm learning a lot reading these posts, and will continue reading back as far as I can... My intention is to be MORE than ready to make bio when my cash flow allows. REsearch and learn before ya step off and do tends to keep a lil more money in mah pocket

Old 08-23-2006, 12:28 AM
Phydeaux88
Posting Guru
Drag
do a search on diesel secret. It will produce enough to give you reading material to keep you busy for a very long time.

Old 08-23-2006, 04:08 AM
Drag_N_Fly_One
Junior User
Originally Posted by Phydeaux88
Drag
do a search on diesel secret. It will produce enough to give you reading material to keep you busy for a very long time.
Naw, I done enuff reading on that stuff, thanks to fabman ;-)

I'll concentrate my reading now on bio diesel processors and methods.

BTW... Commercial Bio is not available in my area.

Old 10-27-2006, 06:50 PM
Tom D
Elder User
Thank you all for your input, especially fabmandelux. I will access all the web sites you listed and try to learn about bio. Any tips you have to help will be greatly appreciated. It seems like the more you read, the deeper it gets. It's probably because I'm no rocket scientist.I am just concerned about trying to produce it in a residential area probably in my garage. Tom D.

Old 10-27-2006, 07:31 PM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Tom D
Thank you all for your input, especially fabmandelux. I will access all the web sites you listed and try to learn about bio. Any tips you have to help will be greatly appreciated. It seems like the more you read, the deeper it gets. It's probably because I'm no rocket scientist.I am just concerned about trying to produce it in a residential area probably in my garage. Tom D.
Your more than welcome Tom. Just remember to be safe. I make about 500 gallons/week so my set-up is bigger than most, but you can make enough to supply your own needs with a set-up that will only take a small amount of your space. Remember, we are here to help you get started, so read up on the process and ask all the questions you want. Good luck!

FABMANDELUX.

Old 11-10-2006, 12:37 AM
johnguc
Senior User
If this is snake oil why are they an advertiser here?

Quick Reply: Has anyone bought this?