6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis

'08 6.4L F-350 VIN Issued & Scheduled

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 06:43 PM
Banksstroker
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile '08 6.4L F-350 VIN Issued & Scheduled

I received news today that my VIN has been issued (I have a dealer printed copy of it) and that the truck has been scheduled for 12/18 fabrication, 12/20 Rail Car Date, and week of 01/01/07 ETA at Dealer. It also has a description of BUCKED, whatever that means.

The dealer has told me even thought the sheet shows these dates, he thinks that these dates are a little too expedited, he feels like the trucks arrival and/or fabrication will probably not be as soon because of Christmas holiday shutdowns etc. Looks like I will be a guinea pig for the new 6.4L. Thank goodness that the current fabrication date is a Monday and not a Friday. Hope it goes well.

Banksstroker

Old 11-30-2006, 06:55 PM
schmidt64
Elder User
Still no prices?

Old 12-01-2006, 07:58 AM
elemint
Elder User
How are you guys buying these new trucks without knowing the price?

Old 12-01-2006, 08:20 AM
carm_scaffidi
Junior User
Thanks for keeping us informed. I am envious of your early delivery.

Old 12-01-2006, 09:06 AM
PowerStrokeHD
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Banksstroker
I received news today that my VIN has been issued (I have a dealer printed copy of it) and that the truck has been scheduled for 12/18 fabrication, 12/20 Rail Car Date, and week of 01/01/07 ETA at Dealer. It also has a description of BUCKED, whatever that means.

The dealer has told me even thought the sheet shows these dates, he thinks that these dates are a little too expedited, he feels like the trucks arrival and/or fabrication will probably not be as soon because of Christmas holiday shutdowns etc. Looks like I will be a guinea pig for the new 6.4L. Thank goodness that the current fabrication date is a Monday and not a Friday. Hope it goes well.

Banksstroker
If your vehicle is bucked your dates should be accurate unless there are any unforseen holds. The status of bucked means the frame has been selected and has been attached to the carrier/jig aka BUCK, that will carry it down the production line. Goodluck!

Old 12-01-2006, 10:26 AM
EpicCowlick
Post Fiend
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
You see? Now that's cool information. The "bucking" concept adds a reality that you just don't get unless you know this kind of stuff. I really hope we can get more of this info in the next couple of weeks.

Old 12-01-2006, 01:24 PM
Banksstroker
Junior User
Red face

Thanks for the info. Yes, still no prices. Scary I know, but I have a great relationship with the sales manager, and my cost is based off of the infamous "invoice" price. Therefore, my markup, or lack thereof, is previously determined, and the total is less important. Obviously, if the new truck is tremendously expensive (over a comparable '07), there will be no deal.

Banksstroker

Old 12-01-2006, 01:30 PM
PowerStrokeHD
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Jones02SportTrac
You see? Now that's cool information. The "bucking" concept adds a reality that you just don't get unless you know this kind of stuff. I really hope we can get more of this info in the next couple of weeks.
A bit more information for those interested in the topic at hand!

Order Status:

1. MATL HOLD – Something is not available for the vehicle to build.
2. UNSCHD/CLEAN – Unit is not scheduled. No VIN, no date, no guarantee to build. It is buildable once allocations and commodities allow.
3. SUBMITTED TO PLANT – Unit has been assigned a VIN and an assembly plant.
4. SCHEDULED – has a VIN and a build date
5. LOCKED IN – changes can no longer be made
6. BUCKED – unit is close to production. The vehicle frame is carried on a “buck” that moves it along the line.
7. PRODUCED – unit has been built.
8. REL FROM PLANT – Unit is through inspection, ready to ship. May also say REL TO RAIL or REL TO CONVOY.

Key terms:

Receipt Date: The date that MS&S recorded the order.

Serialize Date: The date that MS&S transfers the order to MP&L and the VIN is created. MP&L also orders parts at this time.

Segment Date: The date that MP&L determines which week the order will be built. They also then figure (roughly) when parts will hit the plant to build vehicle.

Sequence Date: The date that MP&L determines which day the vehicle will be built. They also figure the exact day that parts will hit the plant to build vehicle.

Blend Date: The date that MP&L determines when the order will be built within the assigned day. They figure the order that vehicles will be built. This depends on options and line constraints.

Produced Date: The date that VO finished assembling the vehicle.

Gate Release Date: The date that VO transfers the vehicle to Transportation Carriers for shipping.

Ship Date: The date the vehicle left the Assembly Plant.

Arrival Date: The date the Dealership received the vehicle.

Sold Date: The date the customer signed the papers.

MS&S = Marketing Sales and Service
MP&L = Material Planning and Logistics
VO = Vehicle Operations

Old 12-01-2006, 03:15 PM
diesel_dan
Lead Driver
Received 410 Likes on 272 Posts
Great Post! That really should be stickied over in the new vehicle section -- I know I had questions on what the various stages of status meant when my truck was ordered. Thanks for the info!

Old 12-02-2006, 09:57 PM
kingfish
Junior User
Originally Posted by elemint
How are you guys buying these new trucks without knowing the price?

Told me $200.00 over invoice.

Old 12-02-2006, 10:57 PM
rimshoes
Senior User
re

I for one will live Vicariously through your purchase. Please do keep us informed as to when you get your baby.

Single rear wheel trucks are great, but there is NOTHING like a DUALLY !!

Old 12-03-2006, 12:23 PM
Duanne
Junior User
Originally Posted by rimshoes
I for one will live Vicariously through your purchase. Please do keep us informed as to when you get your baby.

Single rear wheel trucks are great, but there is NOTHING like a DUALLY !!
I have had two duallys but have been questioning whether I need a dually or not on my new 2008. I don't tow over 10k and that is only about 3 times a year. What are the trade offs. How much less mpg? How much more maintainance? Has anyone considered taking off the inner wheel during the majority of time that they are not towing?

I think they look better though.

Old 12-03-2006, 01:23 PM
LEVEL10
Senior User

Banksstroker
12/18 is the week it will be built not the day ford always states it this way.the 11 days in transit sounds about right give or take a few days and bucked means the parts are or will be in place to assemble it.

we wish you good luck and hope it is as awsome as you are hoping for
captchas
LEVEL10power phone tech.

Old 12-03-2006, 04:58 PM
Duanne
Junior User

Banksstroker
What dealership do you deal with or what area of the country? When I talk to my dealer about ordering one he will probably ask.

Old 12-04-2006, 05:27 AM
rimshoes
Senior User
re dually

Originally Posted by Duanne
I have had two duallys but have been questioning whether I need a dually or not on my new 2008. I don't tow over 10k and that is only about 3 times a year. What are the trade offs. How much less mpg? How much more maintainance? Has anyone considered taking off the inner wheel during the majority of time that they are not towing? I think they look better though.
I loved my dually. It could tow just about anything. Parking and tight spaces were always a problem. You had to learn to drive it and keep the humps from being taken off. I ran slightly smaller tires on the inner wheel of my dually for years until i got the 19.5 inch monsters. This let me run on one tire until I was loaded. I can not remember the tire size for the inner wheels, but the outer ones where those originally from Ford. When I sold the horse farm, I traded it in on a single rear wheel. If you plan on extended trips without a loaded trailer, be sure your kidneys are in good shape. It is a rough ride.

Quick Reply: '08 6.4L F-350 VIN Issued & Scheduled