Texas Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: LibTimothy

Y'all take a listen here...

Old 11-29-2006, 06:23 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Y'all take a listen here...

I know this has been an issue before, but it ain't. I'm gonna say right out - GITCHA SUM! There ain't nuthin' wrong with that.

Look here: (RE-Rep points)

THIS IS how I see it, as posted in the TN Chapter - and you can quote me. I know Ken Payne was upset at a point over commotion raised by people thinking "HEY! THAT AIN'T FAIR!" and placing too much importance on it. But from my perspective it isn't anything more than a fun game.

And I'm going to go on record right here by saying THIS: If it contributes to the attraction people have to Club FORD
Truck Enthusiasts as a whole, I for one am all for it!

And we SHOULD have fun here. I don't know how big and wide my head might get if I were listed as a:
"SHINING BEACON OF GLORY FOR ALL TO SEE" (Good grief...) or some such babble, I expect I'd just grab another beer and git back out to the garage.

I hope you all are having a good time!

THAT having been said:

(Quote)

Some consider this "Playing Dirty". I've thought on it, and I don't.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

People, when folks contribute to making a chapter happen - or at least to keep it alive & kickin' - they should really git something out of it. And the least bit of that is to spread some reputation around to other chapter members.

It provides some incentives that make it all mean something anyways, even if we don't have much in the way of meets (a bunch of us are lucky to have saturdays to ourselves. I know how that is...).

So it give us a little something.

And it's deserved. Think on it!

We come in here, do our best, and what do we walk away with? Shucks, the least Y'all deserve is rep points fer it... So I'm here to tell y'all right NOW:

I WILL BUILD YOU UP! My points are yours

Y'all can take that right there smooth to the bank...

PS: And I don't give a dang who knows it, 'er what they think of it. You see that thing that looks like a set of scales on the post bar, next to the post number on the right? USE THAT!

Y'all give yourselves a little something anyways - we would not have our own chapter were it not for ALL Y'ALL!!!

FROM NOW ON: ANYONE WHO JOINS THIS CHAPTER WILL GIT REP POINTS FROM ME just for joining a Chapter at FTE, and just as soon as they post up! That's the way it ought to be, and that is how it will be, if I have any points to give at all. If I have used them all - consider them in the MAIL!!! They comin'...

By joining your local Chapter - you're throwin' your hat in the ring. And that ought to be applauded.

The Northwest Chapter has been maligned and carped at, but really - FOR WHAT? For STICKING TOGETHER AND HELPING EACHOTHER?

They a lesson there. And we learnin' from it. We kin do this!

Old 11-29-2006, 07:14 PM
brokebronco
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You always were good people Wolf.

Old 11-29-2006, 07:17 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
- and I ain't slowin' down now....

Old 12-02-2006, 02:02 AM
tdister
Posting Guru
OK, so I check in here regularly (TX Chapter)...not sure that I've ever even posted here though. What is the deal with being a part of the chapter?

I hope that didn't come across the wrong way, just wondering what I'm missing by not being a member. Never even gave a thought that I could be or that there was anything different to my current status honestly. Do I get to learn the secret handshake or anything? I'm joining (attempting to anyway) right after I send this, I still don't completely understand though. I guess I'll soon find out .

Last edited by tdister; 12-02-2006 at 02:05 AM.
Old 12-02-2006, 08:21 AM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
To be a part of a chapter at FTE is just plain about givin' a dang enough to see who there is right around local and bringin' FORD TRUCKING right on home to the grass roots.

I think that right there is the very best way to explain it...

Old 12-02-2006, 09:33 AM
Texas Outlaw
Not a liberal...
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
So let's some of us Houston area folks meet up and have some pizza or barbecue or Tex Mex and a few beers.

Old 12-02-2006, 10:07 AM
brokebronco
Posting Guru
Outlaw, I work in Conroe and live in The Woodlands. We should meet up.

Anyone else on the northside?

Old 12-02-2006, 10:34 AM
Texas Outlaw
Not a liberal...
I work and live in Willis and would love to meet up with you. Anyone else?

Old 12-02-2006, 03:12 PM
jdbanks
Elder User
Hey Texas Outlaw,
We're planning a meet on the South side of Houston. If you're willing to make the trip we're talking about it under the "Houston, let's get it on" thread. The more the merrier.

Chris,
You know you're welcome too, but I remember you mentioning it was too far to drive.

Depending on the when and where, I might could make a North side get together myself.

Tdister,
If you want to join the chapter just click on "User Cp" in the blue bar above and then click on "Chapter Membership" under the "Misc." section.

Old 12-02-2006, 06:10 PM
tdister
Posting Guru
Thanks. I did and sent a message last night.

Old 12-03-2006, 07:42 AM
Texas Outlaw
Not a liberal...
JD....south Houston is a little far for us right now. Lots going on with work and Christmas coming up.

We would be down for anything on the north side though.

Old 03-04-2007, 05:42 AM
pukemon
Senior User
what about the southwest side?

Search this Thread