1978 - 1996 Big Bronco  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1986 FSB Restoration Project (56K Warning)

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 08:01 AM
cje07
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by il/saltydog
very good job. i have the to new rear panels, thanks to u ican see what to do with the lip under the cab. i was going to raise cab off of panel. but will cut it like u did now. i've had my panels for three yrs and have'nt had time to put them on. been working my dads chevy to much .lol. thanks for all ur great pics on the project. hey dusterdan where do u live in illinois????????
Nothing done latley...snow is still flying and temps are too cold. Waiting for those spring time temps! Hey Dan I was through your neck of the woods yesterdday...I had a funeral to go to in Vermont and passed through Rockford on the way too and from.

Old 02-21-2008, 05:11 PM
cfrives3
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good to see you here cj. Was starting to wonder about you! All that work I did on mine to the motor and now it's knocking to beat the band. Just found out we owe like 2k in taxes so I don't know what we'll do. Oh well, I'll post in mine after bit and update everyone.

Old 02-22-2008, 06:44 AM
cje07
Elder User
Originally Posted by cfrives3
Good to see you here cj. Was starting to wonder about you! All that work I did on mine to the motor and now it's knocking to beat the band. Just found out we owe like 2k in taxes so I don't know what we'll do. Oh well, I'll post in mine after bit and update everyone.
Yep still here bro! Have not seen too much on the forum to respond to and have not done anything worth posting about. For sure more to come in the spring! Besides that it has been really busy at work and home, so I really have not had a chance to read/post as much. Sorry to hear about the knocking! Will the federal rebate help out your situation (last I heard $1200 per joint filing + $300 per child)

Old 02-22-2008, 07:01 AM
cfrives3
Posting Guru
It'll probably help but we owe almost $2k that we don't have now.

Old 03-18-2008, 12:35 AM
roger dowty
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by cje07
Yep still here bro! (last I heard $1200 per joint filing + $300 per child)
good to see your still on it...time to get going again. I was able to rent a stall in a garage with lift but am concentrating on my torino cj...almost ready to epoxy primer. will sell and use $ on crew cab and 79 bronco... picking up a rust free body for the '79...$300.

So that gives me all sorts of incentive to get er going..considering durabak...i've done quite a bit of fab work lately and am going to make a bronco that will last the reat of my life.

keep up the pics and commentary...motivational for sure!

Old 03-18-2008, 07:09 AM
cje07
Elder User
Originally Posted by roger dowty
good to see your still on it...time to get going again. I was able to rent a stall in a garage with lift but am concentrating on my torino cj...almost ready to epoxy primer. will sell and use $ on crew cab and 79 bronco... picking up a rust free body for the '79...$300.

So that gives me all sorts of incentive to get er going..considering durabak...i've done quite a bit of fab work lately and am going to make a bronco that will last the reat of my life.

keep up the pics and commentary...motivational for sure!
I was reading your thread about the body swap...did you get the VIN thing figured out? Make sure you pick up some RustBullet for the body...Best thing to do would be to prep the body off the frame, rust bullet and then Durabak it! That would be so sweet! Unfortunatly I do'nt have that luxury! Let's see pics of the Torino!

Yep it's supposed to be 40 degrees tomorrow...heat wave man...heat wave!

Old 03-18-2008, 09:12 AM
roger dowty
Posting Guru
stuck with snow and cold here in MT....had the heat wave for a week or so...getting ready for Spring.

Old 03-24-2008, 07:01 AM
cje07
Elder User
Video - as promised!

Here is a quick video of what the truck is looking like these days. This was done on my son's cheap video camera so the quality is not top notch!
http://www.supermotors.net/vehicles/...y/media/619611

Old 03-24-2008, 10:34 AM
Red Ford Truck
Posting Guru
Great Video.

I appreciate the look at the inner fenders because I will be changing the rear quarters on my 78 Big Bronco.

Good job, and yes it sucks about the weather hopefully that improves in the next two or three weeks ahead.

Rick.

Old 03-24-2008, 10:48 AM
cfrives3
Posting Guru
Awesome! Your video made my day. Inspirational to say the least. The windsor in the wife's Bronc finally gave up the ghost, so she is now driving mine-that sucks! I am stuck driving my 65 F100. It's fun, but the cab has so many air leaks, it's noisy, and I miss my stereo system!

Old 03-24-2008, 11:30 AM
cje07
Elder User
Originally Posted by cfrives3
Awesome! Your video made my day. Inspirational to say the least. The windsor in the wife's Bronc finally gave up the ghost, so she is now driving mine-that sucks! I am stuck driving my 65 F100. It's fun, but the cab has so many air leaks, it's noisy, and I miss my stereo system!
Sorry to hear about that! In due time I guess.

Old 03-24-2008, 03:59 PM
cfrives3
Posting Guru
Well- had we not gotten screwed for a tax return, (long story) I was gonna build a motor. I have a line on a 2 barrel motor to get us by for a bit- for pretty cheap. This will give me time to get stupid with another motor. Can you say bored and stroked boys and girls?

Old 03-24-2008, 08:02 PM
roger dowty
Posting Guru
I was wondering if you have a sequence for taking off the body. I need to swap bodies in my '79...and would like to plan it out...

Old 03-24-2008, 09:39 PM
71dusterdan
Postmaster
wow Chris looking great, hope to get up there and see the wardens relatives again this summer, and maybe see your truck again.. I just started the paint work on the truck, all i can say is what a hoot. now someone pass the spork so i can slice my wrist open. hahaha!! Dan

Old 03-25-2008, 07:11 AM
cje07
Elder User
Originally Posted by roger dowty
I was wondering if you have a sequence for taking off the body. I need to swap bodies in my '79...and would like to plan it out...
Roger - since the rear tub and cab are all connected, here is my best guess at a 79:

1) Front and rear bumpers - you'll have to take these off to get to the tail gate and front valence...with the 79 you may not need to remove the front Bumper if you don't have a wind dam/valence.
2) Tail gate and doors - you may be able to leave the tailgate on if you have enough guys to lift the cab/tub/tailgate.
3) Front fenders and hood
4) Cab and tub in one section...do you have many friends to help you lift this thing off?

Quick Reply: 1986 FSB Restoration Project (56K Warning)