Iowa Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

new gallery pics

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2006, 10:05 AM
Sam_Fear
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
new gallery pics

Since Fellro started the 'Who's truck is it?' thread, I figured I better get all 3 of my trucks in the galleries. My wifes '02 Sport Trac and my '87 daily driver F150.
Need to update my '63 pics sometime too.

Thanks for looking, and feel free to make comments on my '87, I know it's a real looker!

Old 11-19-2006, 12:13 AM
jimbo beam
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
nice 87, love the west coast mirriors.

i just picked up my 86 f150, its got a nice big ugly set of them mirriors to. basicly a 400 dollar beater to replace a 350 dollar beater. came with a nice matte puke yellow paint job complete with blue and brown pin striping and little star designs, needless to say its now primer black.

plenty of pictures featuring the two beaters and the good truck in my gallerys if anyones interested

Old 11-19-2006, 07:42 AM
Sam_Fear
Posting Guru
Hey ,Jimbo, I'm sure I saw your truck (Harkin2) on Harrison St. a few weeks ago. That BIG Ford logo in the back window is an attention getter. I have a set of West Coast mirrors on my '63 too. I had that style on my '64 F250 and have gone with them ever since.

If anyone does check out my '87 pics, pay special attention to the highlights of white trash engineering I've done on 'er. My favorites are the busted ignition fix, the galvanized water pipe in the exhaust system (long story), and the abundant use of expandable foam. The paint jobs another long story...

Old 11-19-2006, 10:34 AM
monsterbaby
Hotshot

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I suppose some day I should update my galleries with my 3 other fords. Nice pics though.

Old 11-20-2006, 09:48 PM
jimbo beam
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Sam_Fear
Hey ,Jimbo, I'm sure I saw your truck (Harkin2) on Harrison St. a few weeks ago. That BIG Ford logo in the back window is an attention getter.
if it was spray painted black, and rocking a set of 7 wip antennas that would be me.

to go with the big ford oval logo on the back windshield im thinking of getting one of those FORD-TRUCKS.COM stickers to put accross the tailgate. just thought those behind me would like to know that the loud, smelly, rust machine is a ford.

oh i was meaning to ask what part of town are you located in? im up by interstate 80, we call it ridgeview dont know if any one else still does.

Old 11-21-2006, 12:47 AM
jimbo beam
Posting Guru
If anyone does check out my '87 pics, pay special attention to the highlights of white trash engineering I've done on 'er. My favorites are the busted ignition fix, the galvanized water pipe in the exhaust system (long story), and the abundant use of expandable foam. The paint jobs another long story...
on my 82 i utalized a piece of stainless fence post for most of the exaust system. remove down pipe and bend edges slighty, place inline under the fence post and bash on driveway untill the fence post slids inside the downpipe, flip mess over and place glasspack on other end of fence post again bash end on driveway untill glasspack slides over fence post, guess what tight fit means no claps.

bolt to manifold, support new exhaust system with jackstand and tightly bind the pipe to the frame with bailing wire.

total cost: fence post laying behind gradge, free. glasspack 19.99, roll of bailing wire 2.50.

in a couple of pictures you can see the wire ties holding the headlight trim and grill on the truck.

under the hood due to completely fried piston rings and the blowby that goes with them [230,000 miles and zero matinace from p.o. will do that] i redneck engineer'd a system of pcv hose that comes off the dipstick tube meets at a brass "T" one end goes in to to the valvecover gromet. out of the other valve cover gromet anouther hose runs over to the carb were it meets the other vavle cover hose they both "T" into the carb.

oil that spewd out of the dipstick tube runs through the hose and back into the top end of the motor, and the white smog that poured out of the breather runs through a hose and its burnt in the carb. fresh air is drawn through on of the holes in the valve cover gasket where oil pour down the side of the motor. since i couldnt check the oil if it started it and the lifters were ticking id shut it off and add 2 quarts of oil, she'd be fine for a few more days.

truck ran like that almost everyday for about 5 years, and 95,000 miles untill it spun a rod bearing.

Old 11-21-2006, 07:51 AM
Sam_Fear
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by jimbo beam
...truck ran like that almost everyday for about 5 years, and 95,000 miles untill it spun a rod bearing.
So did it really die or did you just retire it? Those 300's are nearly indestructable. There's a guy in the I-6 forum that ran a 300 for awhile with a broken crank between the 2nd and 3rd cylinders. That's what my '87 has too (a 300 I-6, not a broken crank!)

Yeah, I know where Ridgeview is. I work at UPS on 76th st. I live over near Genisis East.

Old 11-21-2006, 11:49 AM
jimbo beam
Posting Guru
So did it really die or did you just retire it? Those 300's are nearly indestructable. There's a guy in the I-6 forum that ran a 300 for awhile with a broken crank between the 2nd and 3rd cylinders. That's what my '87 has too (a 300 I-6, not a broken crank!)

Yeah, I know where Ridgeview is. I work at UPS on 76th st. I live over near Genisis East.
its still running, starts just fine then knock knock knock, all while shaking to the beat.

it just needs some work to be road worthy again. the frontend is shot, with the front tires off the ground you can wiggle them up and down, side to side. needs some brake work, the right rear drum locks up every now and then when you take off it drags the tire a foot or so and then it clunks and lets go.

when its not so cold out i need to tear apart the six and see if it can be saved. otherwise a buddy of mine is storing some of his things in my gradge, including a 460 and a c6 both with about 5,000 miles on them since rebuilds, hes willing to give me them as payment for storage.

my uncle and i just parted my dads old 75 chevy 3/4 ton custom delux. we plan on taking the leafsping pack form my truck and combine the top spring with the bottom 3/4 ton springs. then hopefully the gods will smile on us and the gm 14 bolt rearend with 4.56 gears wont be to hard to put under the 82.

for now the f100 is sitting behind my uncles gradge, with his old 75 scotts dale and 74 nova, and varoius engine blocks, rearends and other finds.

got plenty of stuff to get done once spring hits.

i can see it now, a beatup camoflage 82 with a flat bed. either a 300 or 460 backed by 4.56 gears. if you ever need a stump pulled or a nosiey neighbors house drug down the street, you know where to find me.

Old 01-17-2007, 04:20 PM
BigBear1
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jimbo beam
nice 87
Got to love that 300 I-6, you need to do like I did and get a 4 barrel carb and headers on that thing.

Last edited by BigBear1; 01-17-2007 at 04:24 PM.