Georgia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: ChiefM SPONSORED BY:

Been doing alot of thinking lately.

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 07:34 AM
70blue
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Been doing alot of thinking lately.

I don't quite have the time I used to have. As many of you know I got loads of things going on in my life at the moment and not quite as much time to do what I enjoy. FTE is one of my favorite passtimes but in order to get some things done I have to scale back on some things. I am not talking about leaving. I just don't think it would be fair to the chapter to not give the option of electing someone with a little more time to take on the Chapter leader positon if so desired. I feel I have not been as good as I could have been with more time for awhile. Honestly their may be times in the near future where I probably won't be able to be on for a few days at a time. It is getting harder for me to break free on the weekends also.(not good for get togethers) If we do not elect another Chapter Leader I will not quit and will still do the best I can. I am not gonna leave this chapter leaderless. I do enjoy this position but I feel its in all fairness to put everything out in the open and let you good folks have part in the decision. If we do wind up changing Chapter leaders I will continue to take join requests till the new one has the ability so that it can be a smooth transition.

I would like everyones thoughts on this. Should we keep it as is even though I got some time constraints or should we go for change. I won't have any hard feelings either way and hope no one else does. We just need to make a decision on whats best for our chapter.

Old 11-07-2006, 10:06 AM
3broncocrazy
Postmaster
My vote is for 70blue as our chapter leader!!!!!

I understand how busy things can get. I also do not get to "play" of FTE for days at a time....Hang in bud

Old 11-07-2006, 10:29 PM
GrayRanger4x4
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 3broncocrazy
My vote is for 70blue as our chapter leader!!!!!

Hang in bud
I Agree 100%!!

Old 11-07-2006, 10:43 PM
old87
Posting Guru
Just when ya thought ya could get out- they drug ya back in...
You're here to stay, could'nt be happier with anyone else.
Life happens around all the other crap that goes on day to day.
When the little green or grey guys land and ask me to take them to my leader, I'll be goin to Monroe- not washington d.c.

Old 11-08-2006, 09:35 AM
70blue
Postmaster
I appreciate the support. It really makes me feel a little better about things. It just doesn't feel right knowing I may have to cut back on FTE a little bit with me being a CL and all. I am over that silly notion of giving it up.

Oh and Matt you may have to go a little bit further than Monroe I moved back into my childhood home in Social Circle so I can get some repairs done on it. And if those little green guys mention any kind of probing please take them to washington. The house is about 90 years old and my sister lived here seven years without maintaining anything. That happens to be one of my biggest time constraints.

Last edited by 70blue; 11-08-2006 at 09:52 AM.
Old 11-10-2006, 02:50 PM
4xcrazy
Senior User
couldn't be happier, no problems. just wish i could play a little more often, and make it to the g2g every once in a while

Old 11-10-2006, 03:29 PM
70blue
Postmaster
Hang in their maybe and hopefully you will make it to one sooner or later. I hope to get one close to Northwest Georgia eventually and hopefully get Tennesee and Alabama involved the more the merrier. Just gotta see whats in store for me travelwise when the baby is born. Our state has got such a landmass that it probably would not hurt to do a few gettogethers in different regions of the state to give everyone a chance to attend a few. Central is not best for those in the corners I understand. I am not promising anything. If a few folks want to have a regional gettogether by all means give it a shot whether I can make it or not. I would try to find a way to make it anywhere in the state with adequate notice. I think others would as well. My job is being a pain right now requiring eight days notice for a vacation day.

I am not trying to split the state up by any means. I got the theory that gettogethers spawn participation. I think those that have never experienced a gettogether may like it enough to start venturing a little further if time and gas money permitted.

Last edited by 70blue; 11-10-2006 at 03:54 PM.