Hello OK Chapter!

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2006, 08:42 PM
White_Knight
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Hello OK Chapter!

Hidee Hi Buckaroos!

I'm still out here, working like an idiot most of the time.
Still have Whining Wilma, and I'm working on an ' 87
F-250 with a 6.9 that I'll be using for my "funny farm" truck.
It looks like it'd take someone insane to drive it lol. Also been
conspiring to make biodiesel for it and a small tractor too. Wish
I could have made the last gtg, sounded like fun! I'll be some
where close by, chime in!

Mark a.k.a. whiteknight/KE5LIB

Old 01-03-2007, 07:39 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Howdy. How do idiots work? I might be working like one too.

Old 01-03-2007, 08:26 PM
Traxxis
Postmaster
lol, well, you know what they say (and believe me, my workplace is the posterchild for such a saying) "if idoits could fly, my workplace would be an airport".

I'm with you Mark... too much work, not enough fun.

Some good news to share... Kara and I are knee-deep in wedding planning... and I just have one question........... who woulda thought planning a wedding was such a pain in the butt? We're finding that procratination doesn't work... (gee, if only we would have learned that years ago when we started college).

The house is coming along... okay. Finally after walking on concrete floor in the kitchen (aka... foundation... and no, not the pretty stained concrete.... for some reason, the people who owned the house before me thought it neccessary to take the kitchen floor with them....), I have it slated to lay the tile starting next Thursday... and I have cleared each evening until Saturday.

Anybody a tile layer? I only ask (don't worry, I'm not goingto ask you to come help!) because I was considering taking the leftover tile and tiling the countertops. I can put it straight on the laminate can't I?

Blue is good... a few new squeaks... but nothing too bad.

How about everybody else?

Old 01-04-2007, 12:12 AM
NoMo
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Howdy!

I'm with y'all on the "busy" life. Daughter has entered the "terrible twos" and the second kid is due end of April (or thereabouts). This second kid has been a little harder on the wife, so we've not been doing a lot. Wanted to go to the last GTG, but didn't want to leave sickly wife & kid at home... or drag them out into the rain.

Wishing Spring/Summer would get here.

Old 01-05-2007, 02:10 PM
Silver Streak
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The ordeal of planning a wedding is plenty of reason to only put yourself through one! Ours went pretty smoothly and it was still a nightmare.

Old 01-05-2007, 09:52 PM
cigarxtc
Postmaster
Red face

Good to hear from ya'll.
Okay, here's what I've been up to:
-My youngest is also starting his terrible 2's(at only 20months). He's a biter if he doesn't get his way and he loves to pick on his older brother, who's 5.
-Getting closer to my Mechanical Engineering Associates Degree. I've got two classes left; then it's on to OSU Tulsa.(Going to school at night wears ya down.)
-Been busy teaching 4th grade Sunday school. ((To all teachers--you have my utmost respect and admiration to work with kids for so little pay. I don't get paid and it is very challenging; but I do enjoy it. Kids are cool. ))
-I got promoted to a new position at work for a smidge more pay.
-Made it through another amazing Christmas and New Years. And my wife and I celebrated our 12th anniversary New Years Eve. Also, my eldest son's birthday was Dec 27th, but we're getting ready for his birthday party for this Saturday. (Whew, too many holidays and important events too close together. lol.) :-)
-Keeping my 78 F150 runnin. She's not as purdy as the pics in my folders. The tin can tailgate is off, and I'm starting to prep a good used original Ford tailgate to put in it's place. I replaced the sagging front springs a week ago.(anybody want some free used stock front springs?) I'll be replacing the stearing gear box soon too.
-The wife and kids are doing great.
-Oh ya, i've been getting hooked on youtube. I even found the burnout vids from last summers FTE National Meet on there. Pretty Cool.
Well, i think that's it for now........................