Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2006, 07:58 PM
Uzumati
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hutched and Harpooned

Finished up the prepump mods this afternoon and all i have to say is:

Where did my injectors go?

This is now the quietest truck i have ever had all I hear now is that sweet 5" cannon and a little whistle from the turbo and with the PrePump filter i dont have to worry as much when i get stuck in BFE and have to fill up

On the Harpoon I had < 1 gallon of fuel in the tank when I dropped it (it was alot cleaner than i was expecting). After finishing everything I put 5 gallons in i had picked up on Friday and then drove to the pumps. I put the pump on Auto and it clicked off at 32.1 gallons. 32.1 from the pump + 5 form the can + about .7 left in tank = 37.8 gallons. I would say this Mod works very well.

Anybody That has not done the Prepumps yet if you want a good "Bang for Your Buck" mod these are the ones to do. I got the kit from ITP and was out about 100 bucks with the filter but putting the parts together to do it would be about half that.
Heres the link from common mods: http://community.webshots.com/album/32614313yLKyrS/1

Old 10-29-2006, 08:11 PM
Tenn01PSD350
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice Sunday project. Bet the weather was nice for it there too if it was anything like it was here.

Old 10-29-2006, 08:19 PM
Uzumati
Post Fiend
It was beautiful today Tenn. Just as I was finishing up I looked out in the field behind the house and there were 5 doe's and 2 fawns nibbling the "Golden Acorns" I put in the feeder. No I dont hunt that field its just for looking.

Old 10-29-2006, 08:21 PM
PowerstrokeJunkie
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ooh, saturday and sunday projects are fun, espcially if you have one every weekend!

That mod with the SS HPX i think are the two main things that can really quiet down the engine, and make it run smoother. I didn't do the harpoon when i had my tank down, but i stand over my tank like a fool and squeeze in as much as i can sometimes.

I used the term BFE in school the other day and it was great because no one got it

Old 10-29-2006, 08:21 PM
ron's power stroke
Post Fiend
sound like something i need to do now alan.what does it actually do to make the ijectors quite..?.did you keep your power the hole time??? i lost mine for a second time 4 hours today...i didnt get my exhaust brake in yet...

Old 10-29-2006, 08:28 PM
Uzumati
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Ron
did you keep your power the hole time???
Of course that is what that 9KW generator sitting next to the AC is for. After Hurricane Opal we were without power for 1 1/2 weeks and that is the first thing i did.

I wasn't expecting it to quiet them as much as it did. When I made the fuel run with the radio off and the windows down i couldnt hear the injectors over the exhaust at a stop sign. I had to look down at the tach to be sure it was running.

Old 10-29-2006, 08:31 PM
empiretc
Lead Driver
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
This will be the next mod on my list. Holidays coming are going to give more free time- just hope the weather cooperates. I will opt to get a complete kit from someone like ITP, though.

Old 10-29-2006, 08:33 PM
ron's power stroke
Post Fiend
lol i just went and bought me a generator today..next time im in the middle of my mods ill be all set..

made that big a differnts?? id like to quite mine down too..i half to shut it off at a drive though cause its so loud..hmmmm maybe one more mod wouldnt be so bad...thanks for your help.. glad your mod went well...

Old 10-29-2006, 08:36 PM
Tenn01PSD350
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by amiller93
I wasn't expecting it to quiet them as much as it did. When I made the fuel run with the radio off and the windows down i couldnt hear the injectors over the exhaust at a stop sign. I had to look down at the tach to be sure it was running.
Wow, that is great. Mine did not quiet down as much as yours, but it did quiet it down considerably. I even put on an HPX line some time after and did not notice any change with that. I do take some comfort knowing the pressure in both heads should be more even now.

Old 10-29-2006, 10:50 PM
ex-wolverine
Junior User
Thumbs up I did mine about two weeks ago I think and love it

Talk about Sunday projetcts

I did all of my glow plugs today and even replaced the under cover harnesses...Whew!!! Im beat...I had 3 Glow Plugs that ohmed bad ...So while I was under there I changed them all...

Not too bad of a projetect...I thought the drivers side was bad until I tackled the passengers side...

I would rather do the hutch mod any day

Glad you like yours, mine is quite a bit quieter

Tom

Old 10-29-2006, 11:33 PM
Tenn01PSD350
Post Fiend
Hey, that's one heck of a good Sunday project Tom. Good job.