Maryland Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: BPofMD

Good offroading spots

Old 11-14-2006, 07:24 PM
Cobra97Vert
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good offroading spots

Anyone know of any good offroading spots? Might even make a good group event, I know I would make it for that I only know of a couple spots that are in charles county but will be finding out some more hopefully this weekend.

Old 11-14-2006, 10:49 PM
joeypurcell
Senior User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Most of the spots I use to wheel are now banned and the police enforce this. I have awesome Power Line trails all around Southern MD, but are now off limits, damn young kids hurting themselves screwed that up here. Wheeling in Maryland is hard to find due to law restrictions. I would consider looking into PA or WV/Vir. Some private places in MD charge to go there, which is crazy. I like PA myself. Western Maryland has a couple of trails for trucks also, but nothing to fun.

Paragon Adventure Park (PA)
Rausche Creek (PA)
Stateline (MD)
Tellico (NC)
Shoe Creek (VA)
Crozet (VA)
George Washington National Forest (VA)
Gore (VA) Home of all Big Dogs events
Uhwarries National Forest (NC)

Last edited by joeypurcell; 11-14-2006 at 10:53 PM.
Old 11-17-2006, 06:52 PM
Cobra97Vert
Freshman User
Yeah I have just noticed all the power line trails around. I work at webster field and have noticed a couple spots that I would love to try out. Which spots do the police enforce so I know where to stay away from. Alot of the private land is ok to use aslong as you know the right person. Most dont care aslong as you respect their property. My buddy's truck just got done so we can start going on his 100 acre farm He just put a 12" kit on his truck along with some 41's and 20x10 rims. Thing is crazy huge

Old 11-18-2006, 09:47 AM
joeypurcell
Senior User

You work at Websters? I work on Pax, and was born and raised in Ridge (St. Mary's County) just south of Websters. They watch them all, even from the air, the biggest problem is a few of the home owners around the lines call in and then it is all over for you. They have been known to impound your ride. 4 wheelers they have a little give on, but trucks, they love to eat those people up. The main issue is all the home development in the area that built near/on the power lines. The new comers are the ones calling in . I can not safely tell you one to use in this area, because more than likely they will find you. If you have local land to wheel on, I would say stick to that or the trails I posted above

Old 11-21-2006, 09:05 PM
Cobra97Vert
Freshman User
I have been at webster field for a few months now. Have you ever stopped in alltimate auto, right outside the gate? Joe has done all the work to my truck, Im at his shop more than at home, lol. I find it hard to believe they watch from the air, would cost alot to do that. All these new homes being built really suck. What do you do on pax? Every now and then I go to pax with our truck driver.

Old 11-21-2006, 09:32 PM
joeypurcell
Senior User

Originally Posted by Cobra97Vert
I have been at webster field for a few months now. Have you ever stopped in alltimate auto, right outside the gate? Joe has done all the work to my truck, Im at his shop more than at home, lol. I find it hard to believe they watch from the air, would cost alot to do that. All these new homes being built really suck. What do you do on pax? Every now and then I go to pax with our truck driver.
I am a civil service engineer for SPAWAR. Kinda boring, but travel all over the world which is cool for me since I am a county boy. Alltimate, I hear good things about them, the previous shop there was a hack spot, Alltimate seems to have a good name though... That Duramax there is SICK

Old 11-23-2006, 11:05 AM
Help I M Stuck
Posting Guru
I go to Paragon Adventure Park on a regular basis..I'm also a trail guide up there. I also go to Rausch Creek.

Old 11-23-2006, 04:31 PM
Cobra97Vert
Freshman User
Originally Posted by Help I M Stuck
I go to Paragon Adventure Park on a regular basis..I'm also a trail guide up there. I also go to Rausch Creek.
I just checked out paragon parks website. I see there is a get together on dec 2-3, about how many vehicles are normally there. Sounds like alot of fun

Old 11-23-2006, 07:46 PM
Help I M Stuck
Posting Guru
That would be the monthly ride. The groups go from beginner to advanced. The group size is usually 12 vehicles and they send you out with a guide. Say there is 2 more vehicles for the beginner group..instead of sending a seperate guided group out they would be stuck with the 12. It has it's advantages and disadvantages. Good way to meet new people that like to wheel. I'm planning on going to Rausch Creek on saturday(25th). It will only be me and another vehicle.