The Next Generation For those ages 15-25.

Define 'emo'

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2006, 07:24 PM
FTE Herman
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Define 'emo'

What does emo mean? I looked it up on Wikipedia and did find what I was looking for. Does it describe a specific behavior/dress (like Goth) or what?

Old 11-25-2006, 08:26 PM
jimbo beam
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
emo- noun- the wierd little crowd my youngest sister [15] runs around with. one must wear all black die hair black except for one blond streak in front. boys wear eyeliner and pants out of the little girls department.

their favorite word to say is poser, but somehow they can all look and talk alike but not be posers?

most of them live in huge houses, and drive mommy and daddys old bmw, but yet all they talk about is how much their parents hate them. most seem facinated with strange japanise cartoons where all the people have huge eyes and talk funny.

mostly any strange little kid whos skin is pale white, and their clothing is all black.

Old 11-25-2006, 09:00 PM
FTE Herman
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Now I'm really confused. What you describe sounds like a combination of Goth and Hentai (sp?).

I've heard/read the word in several contexts now and still don't know what it means. Finally a fad (?) that I don't know about. I must be getting old, well I AM old and that's why I came here looking for some advice from some of our more youthful and hip members.

Old 11-25-2006, 10:00 PM
RangerPilot
Post Fiend
Around here an "emo" kid is somebody who wallows in self pity 24/7, thinks the world is out to get them, everything is going bad. They claim they have no friends (but all their emo buddies) and will **** and moan about pretty much anything. They are VERY pessimistic in my opinion, looking for the negative in anything.

They all seem to wear tight pants.
They like longer hair across there face.
And the really freaky ones like to cut themselves.

Much different here than jimbo beam's discussion. Might be cause all the rednecks don't really like them, pretty much think they're sissies.

Here, this does it good justice. Pretty funny too.
http://emosong.ytmnd.com/

Old 11-26-2006, 12:17 AM
jake00
FTE is my crack
its also a music genre
look up the band "dashboard confessional....

here's an emo kid

Old 11-26-2006, 12:21 AM
jake00
FTE is my crack
Old 11-26-2006, 06:13 PM
jimbo beam
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by RangerPilot
Much different here than jimbo beam's discussion. Might be cause all the rednecks don't really like them, pretty much think they're sissies.
i just called it like i seen it after first hand experiance with those little wineo's. sissie and emo go hand and hand, for the males they wear jeans so tight they must be purchased in the little girls department, they wear mommys makeup, and spend more time doing their hair then their sisters.

Old 11-26-2006, 06:21 PM
jake00
FTE is my crack
pretty much think they're sissies.
They arnt?

Old 11-26-2006, 06:25 PM
KingRachPrincess
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And the really freaky ones like to cut themselves.

I got cut in cross-cut in forestry on my wrist with the saw and I didn't want it to get dirty and infected during forestry that day so I wrapped it in gauze. All day long, everyone started calling me emo and still do cause it left a scar . It's really annoying (it is a pretty cool scar tho ) .

anyways..

I think emo is just a stupid stereo type that people use it categories people. And I have quiet a few friends that are emo and I'm not so I don't think its that big of a deal. But that's just me and I'm not big on the whole stereo typing thing.

Old 11-26-2006, 06:43 PM
etalian
New User
emo = emotional. think the world sucks and that everyone is out to get them.

Old 11-26-2006, 07:57 PM
89300L64x4
Senior User
how could u like that kinda thing how bored r they?

Last edited by Beast12; 11-27-2006 at 05:43 AM.
Old 11-27-2006, 12:30 AM
pud
Posting Guru
My favourite is when they say they dress the way they do to be different. Theres nothing different there, just following a different crowd. Now how a bout a clean shaven, well dressed punk rocker? thats different, but these type of people usually get titled posers. Its a fruity fad...the worst to top it all off is when they try n act all tuff.
If I could suggest one thing to the parents of goth/emo type kids it would be to not send them to a counsellor, and comment on how nice it is to see them feel so comfortable fitting into the mainstream. lol

Last edited by Beast12; 11-27-2006 at 05:42 AM.
Old 11-27-2006, 05:44 AM
Beast12
Post Fiend
Please do not call these type of people names. They have feelings too. Try to be respectful. Thanks.

-Matt

Old 11-27-2006, 12:08 PM
pud
Posting Guru
Beast I know youre serious, and I apologize for any statements I made that were inappropriate for this forum.....but what you said hit the nail dead straight on the head! lol thats the same response one would get from an 'emo'....where as other, more stable people would return the assault, instead of whining about it.
As you can tell I harbour some strong feelings against the fad. Whining is the #1 most hated thing on my list of things I hate, and its in my opinion that the emo scene is full of whiners. What ever happened to ska punk? they were all just happy no matter what lol.

Old 11-27-2006, 06:18 PM
etalian
New User
i wish my grass was emo so it would cut itself

Quick Reply: Define 'emo'