Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Getting a new old truck is sorta like getting marrried...

Old 10-16-2006, 08:34 PM
Voneville
Junior User
Voneville is starting off with a positive reputation.
Getting a new old truck is sorta like getting marrried...

For a while you're all giddy and in love and you can look past all those little quirks she or he (this place is Co-Ed after all) has. After a while all those little quirks really start to drive you nuts!
<O</O
So I was spending some quality time with my significant other (the truck) fixing the choke on the Holley carb. The previous owner of the carb attempted to install a manual choke kit but apparently wasn't very good with directions. So it didn't do anything. I bought a new kit only to find out that the old kit was complete, just an operator error issue. But I figured what the heck, I paid for it, so I was going to put something shiny on there. I saved the old parts because you never know.
<O</O
So the choke works, we'll see how much easier it makes starting in the morning. Here in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com[img] /><st1:City w:st=[/img]San Diego</st1:City> it hasn't been an issue, but I am getting the truck ready to move <st1:State w:st="on"><ST1Virginia</ST1</st1:State> in January.
<O</O
Next project: Aligning the Chevy Alternator that wasn't installed correctly. That thread will definitely warrant photos! So many little things, but like marriage, it's cheaper to keep her

Last edited by Voneville; 10-16-2006 at 08:39 PM. Reason: forgot to spell check...
Old 10-16-2006, 08:52 PM
havi
I'll have the Roast Duck
havi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to all
And here I thought it was about forking all your money over to your "significant other"

Old 10-16-2006, 09:20 PM
Voneville
Junior User
Haha, that too! I've been lucky though, I've only spent $12.00 so far (after my initial purchase).

Old 10-16-2006, 09:32 PM
ksmith203
Posting Guru
ksmith203 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
One thing about our trucks, they never talk back. That don't get all mad when you spend time with your second lover. Atleast thats my experience. Our old trucks are always there to talk to. I guess thats why I'm not married anymore. HAHA! Now I play with my old trucks anytime I want to. Had to give up the house I built, and my first truck garage, but don't worry I bought another small house and built a garage twice the size of my old one. Life is good!!!

Old 10-16-2006, 09:39 PM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.
Ah yea, very good analogy. As ksmith203 stated, the truck doesn't seem to mind (too much) if you ignore it for awhile, or look at another trucks tailgate or bumpers, or if you miss a "special" day, you know, like the day you first spotted it, or the day you cut it out of the field and drug it home, or the first time it moved under its own power, you know....important dates.

Glad to hear that your fixes were minor
Bobby

Old 10-16-2006, 11:49 PM
Code3
Elder User
Code3 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
(inner dialog) NO! Just pass this thread up and ignore it! Keep your thoughts to yourse...ah screw it!

I have 3 trucks. 2 of them are a little high maintenance, but they never get jealous of the others.

My trucks never get headaches; they let me drive them whenever I want.

When something's wrong, my trucks at least give me a hint at what's bothering them.

My trucks never nag me about making little trucks.

My trucks rear ends are only 9 inches.

My trucks GVW didn't suddenly increase by 40 lbs the day I brought them home.

My trucks...shut up now!

Old 10-16-2006, 11:55 PM
Nuthin
Elder User
Nuthin is starting off with a positive reputation.
ROFL! Good ones.

.. and, just for that, I'll behave and not retaliate in kind.

Old 10-17-2006, 12:00 AM
Code3
Elder User
Code3 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Sorry Nothin, that wasn't aimed at you, or anyone in particular. Hey, one thing you've got over my trucks: They can't wear spike heels and a red leather mini skirt! BTW, what is ROFL?

Last edited by Code3; 10-17-2006 at 12:03 AM.
Old 10-17-2006, 12:13 AM
Nuthin
Elder User
Rolling On Floor Laughing.

(and I didn't take it personally for a moment, it was too humorous to resent.)

Actually, I had just started a "My Jeep is better than a man.." screed in reply to a similar thread on another Forum. I got about 20 items and decided it was NOT something I should post... those kids take themselves ENTIRELY too seriously for it to be amusing.

Old 10-17-2006, 08:31 AM
Voneville
Junior User
Those were some pretty good ones. I could see this thread getting out of hand very easily, and I just want to state for the record that I meant it as a funny segway to my actual post about fixing little things wrong with my truck. I take no responsibility for anything else Haha.

Old 10-17-2006, 09:07 AM
4tl8ford
Post Fiend
4tl8ford is a splendid one to behold4tl8ford is a splendid one to behold4tl8ford is a splendid one to behold4tl8ford is a splendid one to behold4tl8ford is a splendid one to behold4tl8ford is a splendid one to behold4tl8ford is a splendid one to behold
My Truck has been sitting Outside 365/10years and not a peep, Nuff said.

Old 10-17-2006, 12:54 PM
cobraguy
Posting Guru
cobraguy is starting off with a positive reputation.
I disagree with you all. I been spending alot of time with my ranchero and pretty much ignoring my uni. The other day I had to go get a large part for the ranchero and the uni refused to go get it. I guess it just wanted to know I'll still take care of it when it's down. I did change plans and fix the uni (leaking fuel line) instead of working on the ranchero.

Old 10-17-2006, 02:46 PM
Nuthin
Elder User
Maybe it's a guy-thing. My Effie and my Jeep are both guys. I bet that has something to do with my Jeep always being willing to run parts, carry tools, drive me down to the shop to work on Old Horse. (And I know when it's Old Horse's turn to return the favor, he'll do it inna heartbeat!) If I had a girl-Jeep or a girl-truck, I bet I'd see some fireworks!

OMG, I can't stand it!

Old 10-17-2006, 03:37 PM
Voneville
Junior User
Hey, what if you had a girl jeep and a boy effie? Would you then have little IH scouts and K5 blazers running around the yard?

Old 10-17-2006, 03:55 PM
Nuthin
Elder User
Nope, I'd have the Jeep 'fixed'.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.