Old 10-13-2006, 08:38 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Some stuff has done come up, and this is what I said

Originally Posted by chapter leaders discussion
What makes a good chapter leader (CL)?
Originally Posted by chapter leaders discussion

-Anybody willing to stand up and do the job. If someone can do it better - BOOT ME OUT, I have no problem with that.

What makes a bad CL?

Someone who SUCKS at it, to put it mildly.

As a role model for behavior for users in his chapter, what shouldn't a CL do? What should they do?

HEY! One question at a time...

A CL needs to be in touch with the people around them. If you live in a very religious area (SUCH AS THE BIBLE BELT) you need to have a finger in that, AND DO NOT CUSS! If one lives however in an area where beer barrels are more common than bibles you have to roll with THAT. I find that it helps if you know anything whatsoever about HOW TO GO FISHING or HUNTING...

Put bluntly - you need to be ONE OF THEM, not some stranger.

How should a CL handle disagreements with FTE? Publically, or privately?

Much depends on the particular form of "jackassery". No one fixed set of rules fits every case.

What things would cause a CL to have their position taken away?

Oh I don't know - how does BLATANT STUPIDITY sound?

What is a CL's function in regards to his chapter?

Keeping the damn thing alive and kicking!

What is a CL's function in regards to FTE?

Supporting the basic rule set we have here (keeping it family, and informative as possible) and promoting us insofar as we are capable of.

How long should a CL hold the position?

Until we can find some other poor sucker who has the time, initiative, integrity, commitment, honesty, and interest in his or her fellow truck owners to make a better job of it!

How should a CL conduct themselves in regards to their chapter on the site, in public, at chapter functions and in private chapter meetings (both electronic and face to face)? For example, if you ran a business with volunteer social groups, would you keep the leader of a group who got drunk and/or tolerates weapons (guns) at gatherings?

However the general public in their own local finds most acceptable.
(I'm with Ivan on this one)

Does holding the position of CL give the person more leeway with bending the rules, or should they be held to a higher standard?

Qua? I said it to begin with, and it still holds true today. I MYSELF am only capable of being ONE human being. ME.
That is who I AM going to be, and if it leads to me being replaced, so be it.

~Wolf
Now - if y'all want things to happen I kinda look at it like this: MAKE STUFF HAPPEN! I ain't no dang superman. I sho cain't git from one end of the state to t'other and make hotrod truck shows happen, so WE ALL have to find it out, or make it gitty up.

I have tried to make some GIT-TO's happen, and had sorry luck. But I can tell ya this - make 'em.....

Do it together, and it will happen. Don't be skeered of one another, just git out there and go!

I kin only do so much. Y'all came in here to find other ford owners....

WELL HERE WE ARE!

And the next indicated step is????

~Wolf out

You don't need me, you need each and every one of YOU.

- I guarantee ya....

It pretty much has to fly on it's own wings, or it ain't nuthin'. I have a job I work everyday, I don't get paid to do this! It's sho' nuff gonna be what we all make it into or nothing at all.

What does it mean to you? What is it worth to you? What do you want it to be? What do you wish it was?

How can we make it like that?

And don't expect me to dig up the nuts and bolts for it at LOWES or HOME DEPOT to put it together, it ain't in my budget. I'm sick and tired of expending every bit of me to make this happen at all. SOME OF Y'ALL are going to have to "BRING SOMETHING TO THE PARTY"

I have honestly given of myself for five years running, including buying professional software for some things.

We are better than this

Last edited by Greywolf; 10-13-2006 at 09:13 PM.
Old 10-17-2006, 06:32 AM
lariat97
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been the west side leader in another online Ford group for 5 yrs. I don't believe its possible to get the members in this area to have large gtgs. You will get the same ones at every meet & maybe a new one now & then. I don't worry about it anymore. I go to every gtg I can but I don't let the turnout bother me. I can't even get them to try someone else for my job as leader.IMHO Your doing the best you can Wolfie. I figure its the people that sit home that lose out. I enjoy meeting new people. Maybe the other members don't.

Old 10-17-2006, 12:47 PM
BigDfromTN
Tuned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yo Wolfie......

Keep up the good work. Just cuz wont turn out for a show dont make you a bad leader. Im with Lariat.... Its not likely any bunch of folks can make it to any one location on a given date.

Keep it up!

Old 10-17-2006, 07:47 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by BigDfromTN
Yo Wolfie......

Keep up the good work. Just cuz wont turn out for a show dont make you a bad leader. Im with Lariat.... Its not likely any bunch of folks can make it to any one location on a given date.

Keep it up!
WILL DO!

I ain't no quitter - Y'all know that by now. You got to FIRE this boy...

But at the same time, We'Un's want things local to happen, we got to build it from scratch at home. You don't git the best sweet corn from walmart anyway - it comes up in the side yard!

~Wolf