Stripping with Baking Soda

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2006, 11:19 PM
restoringmy46
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stripping with Baking Soda

I seen my uncle us baking soda to strip the paint off his car. It works good. It won't take any body filler out, but the part I liked about it you don't have to coer your glass on your car or truck. It won't even hurt the chrome. I couldn't believe it when I first seen him do it. Has anyone eles tried this on there project. I'm going to try it. I want to take the paint off my truck to see what is under it. Or how much filler is in it. Let me know if any of you guys have tried this before.

Old 10-08-2006, 12:11 AM
Rocket Racing
Senior User
I have vehicles soda blasted all the time & did parts of my own project this way. Another benefit is that the residue keeps rust from starting on the bare metal. I just wash off with vinegar & then etch prime. Great stuff !

Old 10-10-2006, 11:56 PM
restoringmy46
Elder User
I looked at your pics on your truck. Looks like you are doing a heck of a job on it. I like the blue you are putting on it. What clore of blue is that.

Old 10-12-2006, 10:52 AM
Rocket Racing
Senior User
Thanks, I should update my signature, as the truck is pretty well finished now. I need to put all of the pictures in one gallery, as they are spread out now. Here is a few pics of what it looks like.
http://ryanrocketracing.com/G_Wagon_Finished/

The color is something that I played mad scientist with, but it is based upon the Toyota Speedway Blue Mettalic off the new Tacoma's. I changed the tint like this. medium aluminum starflake to a coarse aluminum starflake and increased the quantity, and it has a violet pearl that I increased the quantity on. So now in low light the paint flops to a purple tint.
The flames all have Basf Carizzma Extreme Bronze Pearl Base over the colors.