peak hp and peak tq? - Page 5 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis

peak hp and peak tq?

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2006, 10:04 PM
Senior User

jaybird is starting off with a positive reputation.
[QUOTE=duramaximizer]BTW, I bet I could pull your bumper or tow hook off the front of your truck if I don't pull you out. We excavators have miles of cables, and 6 inch ****** straps, neither of which will break. I am ready for the fun. It isn't my first day being stuck, pulling out a Powerstroke, or getting pulled out by a Powerstroke.
QUOTE]

This should hit home and be very embarrassing to you but somehow you probably will continue playin the ol denial act unless you really are that narrow minded.

Your creditability as a heavy operator is very doubtful.Stop trying to prove yourself just be you without lying....

Thats all I have to say and thats way too much for us ford truckers!!

Last edited by jaybird; 11-12-2006 at 10:11 PM.
Old 11-12-2006, 10:14 PM
Senior User

T.R.Bauer is starting off with a positive reputation.
I didn't know that these guys ever really got "stuck", just mometarilary delayed.
Old 11-12-2006, 10:48 PM
Posting Guru

duramaximizer is new and has a neutral reputation at this point.
We excavators.... like we carpenter...... otherwise I would have said that we have excavators.... which I DID NOT say. I am sorry your reading skills are not up to par, and that you can't interpret basic english.

Sorry if you doubt my excavating skill. That is not what this thread is about. The only reason I mentioned the cable at all, is because in most "stuck" situations, that is the only way to get far enough away to get a good pull and enough speed without getting stuck with the "helper" vehicle. With excavators or dozers, we generally have a light enough foot print and or enough leverage to pull the stuck piece out, without a running start of more than 30 feet. A dozer can more than reach its top speed in 30' where as a truck can't. That was the point. In order to properly work a ****** strap, you must have speed, and generally 30' will not allow for it esp if the mud is within that 30 feet.

I won't get into personal attacks of which I have many. I will just pretend like you are the uneducated party.
Old 11-12-2006, 11:02 PM
Posting Guru

Momentarily delayed is rather optimistic, because it costs us losts of money to be stuck. Winches are very rarely the quickest way out. Esp if your ancor point is subpar, and your winch is only 1/2 the size it needed to be, or you need more than a 100' of cable. Not to mention block and tackles and other BS. A ****** strap and a cable is normally ideal even with a smaller object pulling a bigger one. Momentum is far better than any slow pull. Oh and I forgot about having to sometimes string out a bunch of cable to get to your optimal pull. With a winch, you optimal pull is only on the first layer not on the 5th wrap.

Last edited by duramaximizer; 11-12-2006 at 11:09 PM.
Old 11-13-2006, 12:13 AM
Senior User

jaybird is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by duramaximizer
We excavators.... like we carpenter...... otherwise I would have said that we have excavators.... which I DID NOT say. I am sorry your reading skills are not up to par, and that you can't interpret basic english.

Sorry if you doubt my excavating skill. That is not what this thread is about. The only reason I mentioned the cable at all, is because in most "stuck" situations, that is the only way to get far enough away to get a good pull and enough speed without getting stuck with the "helper" vehicle. With excavators or dozers, we generally have a light enough foot print and or enough leverage to pull the stuck piece out, without a running start of more than 30 feet. A dozer can more than reach its top speed in 30' where as a truck can't. That was the point. In order to properly work a ****** strap, you must have speed, and generally 30' will not allow for it esp if the mud is within that 30 feet.

I won't get into personal attacks of which I have many. I will just pretend like you are the uneducated party.
HEY "duramaximizer"
Teach and preach and twist thats what you do the only problem is your talkin down to me..
See I actually have a cdl have driven over the road east coast west cost ,been in the ARMY as a combat veteran in a combat MOS(sergeant)
I've owned gassers,trucks.a D6 allis chalmers dozer with a rear root rake,owned several big hardworkin items that I can't begine to list,
I owned and operated a.D4 grading and D8pushing dozer with a D8 E winch;I 've had that D8winch cable break into while trying to sift myself out of mud/clay above the tracks and on its side..I had to pay 200(good deal considering)and hire a tractor trailer wrecker to winch my little D8 out. I still got my pond 3/4acre built
I have broke track opened injectors welded on makeshift todo parts and raised a family sucessfully through good times and bad!
I've had 2 grand nationals 1 t-type turbo susquential fed and modded owned more fast bikes for on and drag than I can recall...
I've been a carpenter,plumber,electrician and ETc 4 two reasons 1 because I needed a job.
2 becuse My **** broke and I had to fix it because I could not afford to pay others to repair/fix it..
This is just a sample of my well rounded journey ability and ups and downs in life.
So before you try to teach and preach to me about a dozer and how a wiNch cable works best try and to presume that maybe just maybe there are others out here that know alittle something too maybe some have been around the block a time or two maybe even drove a military hummer a time or two all over the land with death taking/dodging maneuvers and even flipped 1 got more than 1 stuck and maintenanced them and slept in them..
See I learned the hard way and thats the best way to learn sometimes its the only way ...
I will tell ya the one thing i've learned is that guys like you just don't matter because guys like you can't appreciate the goods and the bads in life..
A ford superduty still is and has been a constant reminder to everyone that has been on hard times,when the going gets tuff the FORD gets goinn,get-R-done,make it to the top the hard way kinda thinking and doing mentality..
See you know what I really like is not just to see me driving a ford but to actually see a doctor,lawer,politician,singer and so on drive a FORD..
See even if some of thenm aren't worthy of being seen driving a FORD it just goes to show that everybody white collar croked or not wants the tuff hard workin innovative GET-R-DONE image of being seen drivin a FORD SUPERDUTY!!!!!!!!!

NOT MAKING A PERSONALLY ATTACK ON YOU SO DON'T GET ALL SOFT AND RETALITORIAL!I just know that no 1 truck as of today has or is almost componently speaking perfect and you think just the opposite..
Love your chevy thats fine heck my brother drives a 2500hd 410 gears and he calls me to ask me to go pick up an escavator 4 him to repair;he ask because its obvious that a dually V10 or not can handle that 16,000 pounds a lot safer and less problematic than his 3/4 ton short box ext cab can..
He will not own a ford though.I think he and you just find that the local peer pressure image is what keeps you in chevy land..
Me I just evalute every bit of a product(truck 4 example)and the 1 thing I don't do is try to buy something because its so cool or popular..
I buy a FORD TRUCK because it has the most to offer amongst its competition..
Yes the duramax is a better engine than the 6.0 but no a chevy HD is definetely not the better truck.
The ford truck still is the better truck simply because it has stronger more rugged GET-R-DONE products on IT!
Ford trucks truly are FORD TUFF!
FORD TRUCKS SPEAK TO GUYS THAT DONT FALL FOR THE IFS WE BUY FOR A REAL REASON BECAUSE WE WANT A TRUCK THAT IS BUILT TO WORK AND BUILT TO LAST LONG ENOUGH TO MAKE OUR PROFITS BACK..
A new chevy is bbuilt on the concept that my "gaga gadgets are better than yours and it won't hurt my butt or back.
Well trust me my back hurts from injuries and hard work but my FORD TRUCK rides smooth considering I've rode harder and felt worst.
What happens to you if you decide to change your ballz and actually compromise and understand that you like your chevy so shut up and go play with it instead of making a point of running around here and getting us Ford Truck guys all excited and feeling good that you make us definetely want to continue driving fords instead of being seen driving what your ******* drives a tired old saying "your on chevy land here"Is that the best explanation as to why you all keep buying a car thought truck such .
Shoot yes the duramax puts out the power but the truck lacks in more departments than FORD does when it comes to the choosing the best buy 4 an ultimate severe duty work truck 4x4 on/offroad truck!
If you just want a diesel truck then yes a 2500 is fine but if you add up all the other hard working components in any 3/4 1 ton truck offered then mathmatically the stats would definetely lean to the ford superduty when it comes down to getting the job done with the least chance of failers your trucks are weak but your engine is strong.
Thats not a truck thats a sports car youve got duramaximizer. Youd be better off bying a ford truck since your amongst heavy equipment operators and even they probably would not bad mouth a proven ford work truck..
No need to respond we have nothing in common to talk about so move on and get lost in chevy land..

Last edited by jaybird; 11-13-2006 at 01:03 AM.
Old 11-13-2006, 02:45 AM
Posting Guru

The current duramax you are talking about rides around daily weighing 8600 pounds, and will get as heavy as 10k when full of fuel. So don't go telling me that a 2500 can't handle the weight. Yet it can still pull the sled, run the 1/4, and do it reliably on the weekends. The problems it has had have been a fan switch, a water pump recently, and a rear end seal when it was new. All of which were repaired under warranty. It currently has 80k on the clock. I am so sorry your whoever doesn't have faith in their whatever. I am glad you get to play hero.

My dad owns 2 Internation/Dresser TD 15C, a 762 Deere scraper, a Komatsu PC 120, a 210 deere backhoe. While my uncles own a new 200 deere, a couple of 690 deere's numerous scapers 762's and 862's all are deere except for 1 push pull scraper, they just bought an 05 but not sure of the number, a samsung hoe, a viabratory roller, a deere 650h, a newer kenworth and a detach with probably a whole host of other stuff I have forgotten. One of our projects last year was a 30 acre pond with 30 feet of deep water for most of the pond it had 2 beaches and a 20 inch overflow, and we have done one with an island in the middle.

I thank you for your service to our country, and I don't take much on a computer screen personal.

Ask Super08 about GM's as he sent me a PM.

Once again this has nothing to do with hp and torque of anything.
Old 11-13-2006, 04:28 PM
Posting Guru

pud is starting off with a positive reputation.
having a duramax in a GM built truck is like having a diamond in a mountain of crap. Even tho having a diamond might be nice, its just not worth jumping in a massive pile of sh-t for!

btw, the equipment operating argument is funny....let me join in. I work for 30+ days straight, 12-18 hours a day, in -40c, way out in the middle of butt-**** nowhere living in a camp sharing a room with some old hairy, grey bearded guy who walks around the room naked when youre not there (yes that really did happen to me). We build roads and leases for oil rigs to drive and drill on. The material we have to work with is clay, it is worse than potting clay too. To lift grade 1" you have to rip it all up because its frozen, then cut down say 6" since you can just shave an inch off because it chunks out, frozen or not... and repad it with a 7" lift.
Old 11-13-2006, 04:36 PM
Posting Guru

Why don't you buy a grinder and grind down the frozen clay 1 inch and be done with it?
Old 11-13-2006, 08:38 PM
Senior User

You guys are really something. Chevy makes a good enough product. The purchase of a major product like a truck depends on what you want it to do. All three of the domestics will do a LOT - it just depends on what you want in a truck. We just like fords here. Do note though: if you are going to talk about how great Chevys are here and put fords down in the process you are going to take a little heat here. It's like going to a plumbers union meeting and giving plumbers a speech about how crummy of a job they are doing...And then saying that carpenters are so much better workers. It is just not going to fly. A person needs to keep in the mind the audience at hand. Let it rest guys.....
Old 11-13-2006, 09:20 PM
Senior User

jmcholden is starting off with a positive reputation.
Amen....................
Fords rule and Chevy owners drool-ne nr ne nr ne nr. You two long winded guys need to kiss and make up now. LOL

Last edited by jmcholden; 11-13-2006 at 09:24 PM.
Old 11-13-2006, 10:07 PM
Posting Guru

LMAO... How ticked have I got about the whole thing? Really, I don't care name calling or otherwise, I am on here for education and recreation. So I could care less if someone gets ticked, cuz I am not going to.

I am not going to kiss and make up virtually. Cuz that is just wrong..............not only guy to guy, but also ford guy to chevy guy........................war on. LOL

Just joking.

On Edit: What is the worst thing that could happen to me??????? I get kicked off of a Ford site. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOO

Last edited by duramaximizer; 11-13-2006 at 10:09 PM.
Old 11-14-2006, 12:48 AM
Posting Guru

pud is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.R.Bauer
Chevy makes a good enough product.
and if they made a great one, I would think about buying one. However, the truck just doesnt compare to a Ford.
Old 11-14-2006, 05:36 AM
Junior User

Electro is starting off with a positive reputation.
I walked backwards, uphill in -100c with no shoes with only 5 pennies in my pocket in a blowing snow storm to school and back again.. one neigbor with a Ford and the other with a Chevy.. I didn't have *****! Life Sucks!!
Old 11-16-2006, 09:58 PM
Senior User

Pulling things out of context is always fun....don't think I was defending chevys. Fords are great and that is why we are here talking about them. According to the Chevy ads they are great, so when are you buying one now that you have thought about it? It sounds like you are all for it like I said pulling them out of context and applying new meaning to them is always fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pud
and if they made a great one, I would think about buying one. However, the truck just doesnt compare to a Ford.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:38 PM
Elder User

killaford is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybird
Thats not a truck thats a sports car
funny i thought my truck was a sports car. sure feels like one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybird
Youd be better off bying a ford truck since your amongst heavy equipment operators and even they probably would not bad mouth a proven ford work truck..

i operate a pc200lc track hoe and drive an '05 duraslax everday. trust me, my truck has it over the chebby in every way. even gets the same MPG and is not even broke in yet with less than 3K on the clock.

if the 1 year of production LBZ is faster than my truck im sure a SCT will turn the tables in my favor.

Last edited by killaford; 11-16-2006 at 10:46 PM.

Closed Thread