6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis

Stunning! In The Flesh.

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2006, 09:33 AM
kw5413
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Stunning! In The Flesh.

This new design is absolutely stunning when seen up close and personal.

Even the best marketing pics do it no justice.

Went to the Texas State Fair yesterday and saw it all. I think I took great pics...for someone else ...since some sad xxxxx stole my camera. At least I took the old camera.

Regardless, this is one good looking truck. The tail gate step is very clean and functional as is the stowable tail gate extender. The headlights look pretty ding, dang good as well.

The dual exhaust tip design looks great (better in chrome, though) and the rearend pumpkin seems bigger.

The way these trucks are displayed you can get great under-carriage pics...hopefully someone else can post them for us.

As a side note, The new Chevy front bumper does look like crap in chrome...but, much better when painted to match the truck.

Ford should kick major butt with this design...as long as the 6.4 lives up to marketing claims and withstands the reliability scrutiny it is sure to endure.

Old 10-03-2006, 09:53 AM
clux
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I know it is going to look different in up close than it does in the marketing pictures. I have been impatiently waiting for one of you Texans to post some real pictures. When I saw your title, I thought for sure you'd finally have some to post and then some SOB stole your camera with the pictures already taken?
Oh, the humanity.

Old 10-03-2006, 02:17 PM
EpicCowlick
Post Fiend
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
JI**&&**(*((&^%$#%#@#!#@#$%$#^$^$!

Old 10-03-2006, 02:51 PM
kw5413
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by clux
When I saw your title, I thought for sure you'd finally have some to post and then some SOB stole your camera with the pictures already taken?
Oh, the humanity.
Yeah, I am not happy about it at all. Put the camera in a bag that my wife carried. They took that and an old check book cover that my wife keeps (kept) some coupons in.

The sim card in the old camera was worth more than the camera was.

Shoulda been more careful.

Old 10-06-2006, 09:39 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Received 222 Likes on 181 Posts
It just sucks that you have to be that careful. Some people just need to be strung up!!

Old 10-06-2006, 09:55 AM
bf250
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ok, i will believe that the trcuk looks better in person than on the pics, but i will always be against though side vents.

Old 10-06-2006, 06:16 PM
elemint
Elder User
The side vents are great. All trucks and sports cars look cooler with side vents.

Old 10-06-2006, 07:32 PM
A. Michael Foxtrot
Elder User
The vents are decent looking. I like the fact that they are not just aesthetic.

Old 10-07-2006, 06:22 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Received 222 Likes on 181 Posts
I'm not sure about the vents. Maybe they should make them an option, instead of being standard on all trucks.

Old 10-07-2006, 07:46 AM
clux
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by 97nukeford
I'm not sure about the vents. Maybe they should make them an option, instead of being standard on all trucks.
Yep, I agree, just like those huge fender flares on the dually.

I don't mind the looks of the headlights, but I really don't care for the bigger grill with "super duty" emblazoned across the top. Might as well be honest and get a bumper sticker that says "my weiner's too small".

Old 10-07-2006, 09:18 AM
66stang351
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yep, I agree, just like those huge fender flares on the dually.

I don't mind the looks of the headlights, but I really don't care for the bigger grill with "super duty" emblazoned across the top. Might as well be honest and get a bumper sticker that says "my weiner's too small".
The fender flares are only on the F-450. It has a wider front end and thus requires the flares to be legal.

Old 10-07-2006, 09:41 AM
Super08
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Might as well be honest and get a bumper sticker that says "my weiner's too small".
He he

Old 10-12-2006, 12:39 AM
DFord79
Senior User
gezzzz....have some self confidence.....the big truck dont mean a small ....wiener....if it did....well...LOL.

O..ya..the side vents....FORD SAYS...they are not just to grab attention but to define the particular truck you have MODEL...engine etc.....I read that somewhere...they are not fuctional..by the way.

Old 10-12-2006, 07:55 AM
clux
Post Fiend
I don't care what driving a big pickup says about anyone, I just think it indicates some insecurity about something to have to remind yourself and everyone around you from every angle that it's not just a big pickup, it's a SUPERDUTY, whatever that means. Goes right along with engine badging and naming engine lines things like powerstroke, triton, and vortec. If it's running, the fraction of the population who cares can tell that my pickup has a 7.3 under the hood long before they can get close enough to read the door badge.

Why not just get up every morning, look in the mirror, and tell yourself "I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and gosh darn it, people like me!"

Old 10-12-2006, 09:29 AM
mizzitch
Elder User
Smile

I don't care what driving a big pickup says about anyone, I just think it indicates some insecurity about something to have to remind yourself and everyone around you from every angle that it's not just a big pickup, it's a SUPERDUTY, whatever that means. Goes right along with engine badging and naming engine lines things like powerstroke, triton, and vortec. If it's running, the fraction of the population who cares can tell that my pickup has a 7.3 under the hood long before they can get close enough to read the door badge.

Why not just get up every morning, look in the mirror, and tell yourself "I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and gosh darn it, people like me!"

BSEG that comes from driving a vehicle that has badging, great mass, and SD toughness/crazy power is not insecurity. It is plain fun to drive, fun to drive being a hard concept to associate with a 7500# truck for some people, others get the concept right away. Want to race I have a V10 badge on my truck! (unloaded or loaded/towing)

Quick Reply: Stunning! In The Flesh.