Anyone still alive?!?!?!?!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 11:52 PM
CobraXP
Logistics Pro
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anyone still alive?!?!?!?!?!?

Been really quiet in here............

Well... My update is the Explorer gets on the dyno tomorrow. Hopefully we will finally get a tune that will fix how rich it has been running. Plus get to find a ballpark reading on what it is doing. I've stil got a small exhaust leak, but I've tightened everything and its still there. I've been trying to wiat until next spring to put true duals all the way back with a x-pipe in it, but I think this will be a winter project....

What is everyone else doing?

Old 09-28-2006, 07:39 PM
sltrrco
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am just out there working 10-12 hours days Delivering Books.

Old 09-29-2006, 08:49 AM
mistakenID
Posting Guru
It's good to see a little activity here and see members are still alive

I am still working on the house remodel. It gets slow going in the summer with all the outside crap that needs taken care of.

I sold our 78 Ramcharger to one of our kids. It has been mostly parked for the past few years. Not a single problem when I parked it and just the occasional startup, roll back and forth a few times, didn't help much. Ended up having to change out a brake caliper, water pump, thermostat, hoses and radiator. Milage is an original 106,000 and it runs like a top again. I don't think the kids are gonna be impressed with the fuel milage of a beefed up 440 and 3/4 ton axles with 4:10 gears.

Have been working on cleaning up the garage and it's an effort in futility. Seems like no matter how much I throw away or how much I arrange "stuff".....there is still no place to park a vehicle in that 2 car space.....GRRRRRRRR!!!! Back to working on the remodel so I can clear out the things stored in the garage that belong in the HOUSE.

With all the things that need doing around this place.....I don't know how I ever had time to work....LOL!!

Old 09-29-2006, 09:47 AM
CobraXP
Logistics Pro
sltrrco - I know how those days are. Luckily I have not been carrying books though! If I don't find a way to stay home for a while, I'm going to have to make sure there are plenty of pictures of me around the house so my wife remembers what I look like!

mistaken - They should love the mileage that thing is going to get...

I have been looking at my garage all summer trying to come up with some creative notion to make more room - it just isn't happening though...

My winter project is cleaning the basement.

Old 10-01-2006, 07:24 AM
mistakenID
Posting Guru
I have 2 bedrooms and a hallway left upstairs to finish up. Just a bit of patching, sanding and paint. I have already refinished the hardwood floors.

Warm weather (summer) moved my efforts to the outside things that need doing. The basement will be a winter project. It is all finished but needs to be freshend up some, paint, carpet, floor tile, get the cabinets installed and the bath needs to be redone.

I have a box of parts to get installed on my truck and just can't get around to getting it done. I've never gotten the vacume modulator to work exactly right on the trans so I am planning on a manual valve body and floor shift. I have the parts and a boost/pyro gauge, plus a tach to get installed.

Life sure does get busy!! I hope the ol bones and joints will hang together for a while. I really dislike taking drugs just to be able to move around. It does explain why I'm so slow......I am consistant though

Old 10-02-2006, 11:33 PM
utahtom
Posting Guru
I pulled the boat home-->https://www.ford-trucks.com/user_gal...115601&width=0

Trying to make it to Lake Powell for a final visit but the sun is setting fast on the boating season

Old 10-03-2006, 07:14 PM
R Rocks
Senior User
We picked up a small camper for the old F250. Two weeks ago went up to moon lake, that night got a bit cold in the camper so I tried to light a lighter burn the stove for a couple minutes. Lighter would not light, tried a second lighter same thing, got some matches would not light. No air, not enough to even start a match only the sulfer would burn. Did not know a small camper could be so air tight. Still alive and well.

Old 10-07-2006, 08:56 PM
utahstroke
Junior User
Talking

I'm still around, Tom I know your pain on the boating thing. Put the kids boat away yesterday. Been doin a little work on my 56 F100 (LILNASTY). We had our first car show up here in Oakley Sept 9th (good turn out, about 80 cars). Not bad for our first "Oakley Fall Roundup". Put a mile or two on the little womans 06 Mustang GT. Next year might have to pop for a Shelby GT500, after the "Premium" has worn down a little. Starting to feel the Snowmobile Bug itch coming on. Been 'Thinkin Snow" lately. Just thought I better check in. Latter!!

Old 10-09-2006, 08:35 AM
mjwhip2
Elder User
Well, I now know how you must feel David, with all the traveling you do.
Spend last week up in Lander, WY moving my cousins trailer from one trailer park to another. Thats a lot of fun
Just got home last night from Elk hunting up near Hanna, UT. Spike only license, but still pretty dang heavy. So I'm sitting here with aching muscles that I didn't know existed.
Sunday I'm heading back up to Lander to finish up things before it gets too terribly cold.
Been pretty much the same routine lately, either at work or out of town. But it makes the time go pretty quick. Summers already over so I guess its about time to start (finish) the finishing of the basement again. Have started the work several times, just haven't finished any yet. Get going pretty hard on it, then the weather gets nice and I have to get out of the basement. I guess I'll eventually get everything done.
So between the above, and housework, and workwork seems like I've been so busy doing things I haven't had any time to do anything.
Later,

Old 10-10-2006, 10:00 PM
e9tac
Junior User
Hey David,

Spill the beans on the dyno results. All I'm doing is fixing all the crap I broke the last time I went to the track.

I have a trip planned to UT later this month...what's your schedule look like?

Later,
Jeff

Old 10-11-2006, 10:21 PM
CobraXP
Logistics Pro
Good to hear from you Jeff! I didn't make it on the dyno - had to put it off until the week after next. I am in town next week, then gone Monday through Wednesday the next. Probably Thursday I'll take off and get on the dyno then. Let me know the dates you will be in town and I'll try to make sure I am here. I have two trips between now and Thanksgiving, so hopefully nothing more will come up.

Mike, I am hoping to spend some time at home between now and the end of the year. When I know I'll have some time, I'll give you a call and come up and give you a hand sometime...

Old 10-16-2006, 05:09 PM
Mntsnow
Freshman User
Still lurking Dave but I'll probably be around a bit more as I finally retired as president over at FTW as Matt stepped up to take over.

Old 10-21-2006, 10:19 PM
Mntsnow
Freshman User
Knock Knock.....Is anybody home?

Old 10-21-2006, 10:53 PM
R Rocks
Senior User
Most everything in its place, once again ready for winter.