The Next Generation For those ages 15-25.

How is school going so far for you?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 11:20 PM
KingRachPrincess
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How is school going so far for you?

so. I have now gone through my first 2 full days of high school and have learned some new things about my schedule.

1. I'm the ONLY girl in my forestry class for 2 periods. so, when you have boys locker room and girls locker room, it is now Jenny's locker room and the boys locker room as the teacher puts it. lol.

2. my teachers are ALL way to hyper and happy for there own good. I swear the are all on hyper pills.

3. The P.E teacher that I was suppose to be in is VERY sexist against girls.
I guess they have had problems with him before. I know last year he got fired from basketball coach cause after the lost district he cussed out the whole team while a parent was filming it then sued the school for firing him. And another time he let his class play dodge ball or volleyball, so a girl wanted to play dodge ball instead and he wouldn't let her cause she was a girl. that make me so mad! he needs to be fired.

but anyways! just wonder how everyone elses school days have been so far!
ttyl.
Jen

Old 09-08-2006, 08:28 AM
MisterCMK
Fleet Owner
Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
Its been a full 3 weeks that I've been in school. I think I'm shootin a bout 50/50 for going to class which is about on par for me.

Old 09-08-2006, 02:41 PM
brandon_wyer
Junior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
School sucks. It reminds me of how annoying my friends are and how unintelligent I am. Atleast I get my truck back in a couple days, that should make me feel better.

Old 09-08-2006, 08:12 PM
KingRachPrincess
Elder User
my friends can be pretty annoying too but i still love them. and they're really hyper and weird but thats ok cause so am i. lol. getting your truck back always makes you feel better.

Old 09-08-2006, 11:54 PM
RangerPilot
Post Fiend
It's going good so far. I just finished my fourth week of my senior year...it sure is flying by I'll tell you that. My six classes are pretty laid back, I've got all-A's going on which I guess is good.

And I've skipped twice so far! lol.

Plus, my personal favorite, got a "school citation" for "unnecessary display of vehiclular power" in the parking lot. The assistant principal laughed when I told her about it.

We went to dress code this year, that's not going over well. They're building our second high school and we just moved up to 5A, we've played two games so far and we lost tonight for the first time. We're going to get killed sadly...we got last year's state champion and runner up in our district...eh...

Other than that, it's going great! lol

http://www.wylieisd.net/default.wspx

Old 09-09-2006, 01:30 AM
FordPickup460
Postmaster
I just finished the 1st week of my 2nd senior year. Its all pretty much the same. I'm ASB President of my alternative school, we'll see if the Admin goes for my field trip to Hooters idea.

Old 09-09-2006, 02:29 PM
jake00
FTE is my crack
i miss college

Old 09-09-2006, 04:43 PM
thorseshoeing
decadent and depraved

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
So far I've got an A+ in drinkmixology. If I can keep it up I'll graduate with honors, and possibly get drunkardvictorian.

I'm just kidding I graduated a few years ago with those honors.

Tim

Old 09-09-2006, 05:30 PM
CAFordDude
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by KingRachPrincess
1. I'm the ONLY girl in my forestry class for 2 periods. so,
This is for real a class? and it is 2 periods long?

for‧est‧ry  /ˈfɔrəstri, ˈfɒr-/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[fawr-uh-stree, for-] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
1. the science of planting and taking care of trees and forests.
2. the process of establishing and managing forests; forestation.

Old 09-09-2006, 06:50 PM
DT 466Man
Posting Guru
haha lastyear there was 1 girl in my Shop class........20 crazy teenage boys(the ones that shouldn't get to use the powertools) it was my senior year, so i knew the teacher really well, me and him just sat and talked about cars while the other students worked, i was the only one he trusted to get in his Brand New F350 Lariet and go out to get something from the shed. but anyway, that girl lasted 5 min of sexist remarks and guy jokes.....she changed classes.

now i'm in college....freshman year, and know no one........but i have the only Lifted loud primered truck around. but the frame is painted haha.

i hated hs, i like college, but i still am a loser........ha

Pre med major.

atleast my room mate is cool.

psch it sure is different though

DT

Old 09-09-2006, 08:07 PM
KingRachPrincess
Elder User
Originally Posted by CAFordDude
This is for real a class? and it is 2 periods long?

for¡Eest¡Ery  /ˈfɔrəstri, ˈfɒr-/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[fawr-uh-stree, for-] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
¡Vnoun
1. the science of planting and taking care of trees and forests.
2. the process of establishing and managing forests; forestation.
yeah i have it for 2 periods cause i have to take a bus to Sabin [one part of my school away from campus] then another bus to Camp Withycombe at the national guard base. its pretty cool.

Originally Posted by DT 466Man
but anyway, that girl lasted 5 min of sexist remarks and guy jokes.....she changed classes.
DT
with my class i know the teachers really well cause my brother took his class for all throughout high school so I'm not really worried about it.

Last edited by KingRachPrincess; 09-09-2006 at 08:10 PM.
Old 09-09-2006, 09:06 PM
FirstTry
Posting Guru
im technically a high school student but i attend college, the school district gives me credit for my welding course and teh college gives me credit. so by the time i graduate high school, in June(possibly january) of 2008 ill have my welding ticket and first year of millwright. ive been in this course since july 10. so i missed out on summer, BUT, i only do four day weeks, so i get my fridays off to stay at home, or go to school and just hang with my friends. plus i have lots of paperwork to do at school. in february though, i get to be teh "teachers helper" in my metal fab class. it'll be good, cause ill probably know more than my teacher. but yeah, so know whenver people i know ask me which school im at (we have a split campus as well) i just sasy "oh, pfft, im so past that man" its gonna be hard to adjust back to high school though, all that crap teachers feed us, pfft, im gonna go back and call tehm on it. YEE HA, guys, second semester is gonna be fun.

Old 09-09-2006, 10:51 PM
DT 466Man
Posting Guru
i wasn't saying to change your class. that was just the example i had saw. if i was in your shoes, you better bet i'd be hard to kill........tooo much determination. i think your alot like that.

Old 09-10-2006, 11:44 PM
RangerPilot
Post Fiend
I still remember being a freshmen a few years ago. Always wondered why the seniors hated the freshmen so much.

Now, as a senior, I look back, and boy do I know...

Old 09-11-2006, 11:18 AM
fiftyfourdf100
Senior User
my classes are going pretty good so far...go from 9-11 everday except monday..9-1..so i sleep in and have plenty of time to get stuff done and screw around on campus. The only bad thing about school...my girlfriend is 130 miles away and i can only go back every other weekend.

Quick Reply: How is school going so far for you?