Ford vs The Competition Technical discussion and comparison ONLY. Trolls will not be tolerated.

Ford / GM Truck enthusiasts site ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 11:41 AM
DMAX-HD
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 09-18-2006, 03:18 PM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm not surprised. Toyota is on the march to out sell GM. Both Companies are in real trouble. Last night on Wind Tunnel Ed Hinton was asked how long Ford & GM can continue to SUPPORT NASCAR? He replied as long as they still have money. He seemed to think the end could come if things aren't improved at both Ford & GM.
With NAFTA and etc. the world market is here and with talk of Japanese Companies now being able to compete in the large truck market this will end an era of no real competition in that market. Meaning Ford & GM will most likely have to play catch up as has happened in the past. If Toyota builds a truck that competes with the F250 & GM 2500, I have to believe you will see alot of used FORD & GM trucks for sale.
A merger maybe the only way either Ford or GM will beable to survive the world competition.
The other possiblity is TOYOTA buying one of the two. That might be how they will enter the larger truck market. Using their design and engineering to slowly change one of the companies into a full blown Toyota large truck.

Old 09-18-2006, 07:21 PM
clux
Post Fiend
Maybe that's why the new GMC's look like the superduty.

Old 09-18-2006, 08:17 PM
150ford
Post Fiend
Us americans are letting this happen. Thats awful. It will be a sad day if all we have left is in the USA is Toyota. If you guys buy a Toyota your the number 1 problem why this is happening. The quality in my opinion has matched or beat Toyota.So why buy one. Loyalty has went down the tubes in this country. It means nothing anymore. Dont forget The Big 3 have more employees workng in this country then Toyota ever would dream having. The number off people displace because off these factory shutdowns an downsizing is staggering. I dont thing people realize that scope off this its serious. You might knowlingly put one off your relatives out off work that is big 3 realated. The economy will not be as strong whenthese downsizing an factory layoffs hit home. It could mean a recession an a slowing economy in the future.

Old 09-18-2006, 08:38 PM
wahoo
Senior User
If we want Americans to buy a Ford or GM, then make Ford or GM build a better car for the same or less money. So far, looks like a large portion of Americans want to spend thier hard earned money on a Toyota.

Old 09-18-2006, 08:41 PM
OSin86
Posting Guru
If Toyota is so "evil" then why does GM use them to make a couple of thier cars? Seems like some domestic don't even care about the title domestic.

Old 09-18-2006, 09:58 PM
edgl
Elder User
I have to agree with f150, it is the people that buy Toyotas that are the problem. We don't support our own companies. When Toyota becomes the only truck maker in America, what incentive will there be to be the best. America will become a third world country.

Old 09-18-2006, 10:28 PM
OSin86
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by edgl
America will become a third world country.

Old 09-19-2006, 11:32 PM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by edgl
I have to agree with f150, it is the people that buy Toyotas that are the problem. We don't support our own companies. When Toyota becomes the only truck maker in America, what incentive will there be to be the best. America will become a third world country.
Why is it the people's fault? Because they want the best quality for the dollar. Because they are tired of the JUNK Detroit puts out there. With hope we will buy it. The problem is FORD, GM, CHRYSLER. That's where the fault lies. It's world competition. The big 3 have competition and have had but only step up when they have too.

Old 09-20-2006, 02:13 AM
Electro
Junior User
Quality is where it's at!! If the big 3 would listen to their own customer base on ideas and make a RELIABLE truck or car then toyota wouldn't be the threat that they are. I'm not brand loyal, i'm quality loyal. Whoever out of the big 3 has the best overall package(with quality being #1) in '08 will have my next business. I can't pay 45,000 for a new truck and have it in the shop more than it runs.. I hope Ford gets it right with the 6.4tt.. Ford has the best looking truck hands down with the worst reliability right now.. they need to get this straight first and foremost.

Old 09-20-2006, 05:35 AM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts
It also says "briefly discussed" an alliance, but had since dropped the idea with no plans for further talks.

Old 09-20-2006, 06:46 AM
Fordsflylow
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Electro
Ford has the best looking truck hands down with the worst reliability right now.. they need to get this straight first and foremost.
Where'd ya read that at?

Old 09-20-2006, 07:55 AM
Electro
Junior User
Just go to the 6.0 forum and look around.. enough said.. it's not a secret.

Old 09-20-2006, 08:47 PM
150ford
Post Fiend
So who says Toyota is perfect. They have had a huge number off recalls this year on there vehicles. Yet lots off people. have no clue. The press favors Toyota. Consumer reports favors Toyota. The lame excuse that Toyota is so far ahead off the domestics doesnt hold water folks. People have to change there perception. An thats a hard thing to do. Detroit has stepped up to the plate big time. They have increased warranties pushed higher qaulity. Yes Toyota has made them do it an there doing it.

Old 09-20-2006, 09:14 PM
Fordsflylow
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Electro
Just go to the 6.0 forum and look around.. enough said.. it's not a secret.
Oh, I see! Just hear say, as in not factual! Nice copout

Quick Reply: Ford / GM Truck enthusiasts site ?