Illinois Chapter Join Chapter Leader: wpnaes

Event Ideas

Old 01-08-2007, 12:15 AM
slisty
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I will be spending alot of time on the lake with my new toy so that might be a good palce for the few of us that do meet up to do something. I have tried to get people to go out but it seems that only bob, rt and I show up, some people just dont know the fun they have missed out on for the things that we have done. So here is and event and invite to you water lovers, I have a 30' speed boat and I spend alot of time on the weekend on her at the Chain O Lakes in Fox Lake IL. I do some boating and then hang out at the sand bar with about 75 other boaters and you are more then welcome to come out this summer as long as I know before hand as I can only fit 8-12 on her at a time and still have room to move around.

Old 01-08-2007, 12:49 AM
Tecman
Elder User
Originally Posted by slisty
Well I will be spending alot of time on the lake with my new toy so that might be a good palce for the few of us that do meet up to do something. I have tried to get people to go out but it seems that only bob, rt and I show up, some people just dont know the fun they have missed out on for the things that we have done. So here is and event and invite to you water lovers, I have a 30' speed boat and I spend alot of time on the weekend on her at the Chain O Lakes in Fox Lake IL. I do some boating and then hang out at the sand bar with about 75 other boaters and you are more then welcome to come out this summer as long as I know before hand as I can only fit 8-12 on her at a time and still have room to move around.
I have recently joined. Maybe im blind but I havent seen any recent events or get-togethers. The boat sounds like fun though. What about silver lake? I nver saw any dates for that. was it planned or are we not doing it?

Old 01-09-2007, 08:24 PM
slisty
Senior User
Originally Posted by Tecman
I have recently joined. Maybe im blind but I havent seen any recent events or get-togethers. The boat sounds like fun though. What about silver lake? I nver saw any dates for that. was it planned or are we not doing it?

I would still like to do the Silver Lake Sand Dunes but no one has responded with dates or anything for me to set it up. So like fast stated with out help from the members I cant realy do much as I'm not willing to pay for reservations and have no one show up. I can't shell that out with not knowing if I'm going to get it back. To reserve a set of sites for the silver lake event is from $100 - $1000 for the weekend depends on camping or hotel and we are running out of time to get them for weekends as that is the busy times. So if anyone wants to go they need to speek up and pick a place to stay and a time to go and make the reservations or we may end up having to drive out for the day and drive back afterwards that evening which is fine with me if thats what everyone would rather do I just need to know if this is anything that people would like to still do.

Old 01-20-2007, 11:09 AM
Fastronald
Elder User
Meeting

To discuss events for the chapter................pick a date, place and time.

Try a local Old Country Buffet/Steak n Shake/Cracker Barrel/etc.

We used to meet on Sundays as less people work and are free that day.

We used to meet at 1:00 and go from there.

Set up goals/plans/locations and see what is out there.

Slisty is trying, but the membership has to take part as well.

No one can tell me they are so busy that a couple hours once a month would kill them.

I've been active on the Super Coupe sites and MN - 12 sites.

If need be I'LL attend a meeting to show it can be done and challange everyone to attend.

2007 is here............time to get active!

Last edited by Fastronald; 01-20-2007 at 11:14 AM.
Old 01-21-2007, 09:33 AM
truckfarmer
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I usually go to events with my classic truck and most members here have late model trucks. My 97 Sc is a dailly driver that has been personalized to my taste but nowhere something to show off. Girlfriend's '02 Flareside would be though.
I don't get up near Chicago that often. The exceptions are Jan 26th for the World of Wheels show at McCormick Place and I plan to attend the new Goodguys show at Joliet Nascar track in September. My job requires me to work every other weekend so weekend freetime is at a premium. I would still like to meet some of the members here.

Old 01-22-2007, 08:31 AM
VetteTech81
Junior User
Originally Posted by truckfarmer
I usually go to events with my classic truck and most members here have late model trucks. My 97 Sc is a dailly driver that has been personalized to my taste but nowhere something to show off. Girlfriend's '02 Flareside would be though.
I don't get up near Chicago that often. The exceptions are Jan 26th for the World of Wheels show at McCormick Place and I plan to attend the new Goodguys show at Joliet Nascar track in September. My job requires me to work every other weekend so weekend freetime is at a premium. I would still like to meet some of the members here.
I'm not sure if it matters if you take a show truck or not... I really don't think of my truck as a show truck or something to show off as it's my daily driver... hopefully we can set something up that you can attend... I look forward to meeting everyon here as well.
-=Rick

Old 02-04-2007, 03:23 PM
slisty
Senior User
You dont even have to bring your truck. With this weather you don't want to get those show vehicles salty. Drive what you want to in that days weather, i drive mine in everything but its not a clasic or a show truck. Hope to see ya on the 18th at the meeting. Scott

Old 02-04-2007, 04:05 PM
Tecman
Elder User
Originally Posted by Fastronald
To discuss events for the chapter................pick a date, place and time.

Try a local Old Country Buffet/Steak n Shake/Cracker Barrel/etc.

We used to meet on Sundays as less people work and are free that day.

We used to meet at 1:00 and go from there.

Set up goals/plans/locations and see what is out there.

Slisty is trying, but the membership has to take part as well.

No one can tell me they are so busy that a couple hours once a month would kill them.

I've been active on the Super Coupe sites and MN - 12 sites.

If need be I'LL attend a meeting to show it can be done and challange everyone to attend.

2007 is here............time to get active!
Sounds great! I can do sundays anytime but 1pm is good. Figure the 2nd sunday of every month? meeting place? im not sure where would be best. I think we should just pick a place and hope everyone shows up. Im in schaumburg and there are plenty of places around here.

Also, I signed up as a member a couple months ago and i see people talking about a member packet, was I supposed to get something in the mail?

Search this Thread