1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Maybe I'm just stressed over the house purchase... thinking of selling my PSD.

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 02:01 PM
BowDown
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maybe I'm just stressed over the house purchase... thinking of selling my PSD.

Sitting here at work running some numbers. I think it will make more sense to sell my PSD, turn a profit on it, and drive my paid off Focus instead.

I could save $450/m, and fuel savings.

Can anyone tell me why I shouldn't sell it? (please).

It's a great truck... I just don't use it for what it's intended, and I could really see a purpose for that $450/m.

Old 08-29-2006, 02:50 PM
Tenn01PSD350
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by BowDown

Well, because if you sell it, you won't have a PSD.

I've been wrong about a few posts here but I think I got this one right.

Old 08-29-2006, 02:54 PM
BowDown
Senior User
Haha. Don't get me wrong I love my diesel. It's been a great 6 months, but I think it's going to be moving on .

At least someone will get a PSD w/new brakes, tires, diff fluid, TC fluid, fresh oil, fuel filter, and trans fluid/filter... along with a little rust repair .

Old 08-29-2006, 03:42 PM
F3504ME
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think you answered your own question in your last sentence..
"I just don't use it for what it's intended, and I could really see a purpose for that $450/m."

House is more important....In the future when things settle down...Maybe you could get another...

Old 08-29-2006, 04:08 PM
Markadeck
Gone, but not forgotten
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm speaking from experience here. I spent many a year in upstate NY and if I just purchased a home in the high tax capital of the country I would be stessed too. I got out of there, really too late, but would much rather have a PSD and spend a lot of nights in rest stops on the interstates than own a house in NY. Keep the truck, it will probably stay what it is worth, or if properly cared for creep up in value, unlike real estate in NY.

Last edited by Markadeck; 08-29-2006 at 04:13 PM.
Old 08-29-2006, 04:18 PM
Tenn01PSD350
Post Fiend
. I just don't use it for what it's intended, and I could really see a purpose for that $450/m.
Just wondering, why'd you buy it in the first place?

Old 08-29-2006, 05:01 PM
ryaneverk2
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you really need the money that's going toward the truck for other things, then of course you have to sell it. But if that's not the case, and you enjoy it (sounds like you do!) then keep it, silly!

(sell the focus and use the money to pay off the PSD)

You have to do what you think is best, though.... nobody here can say what that is.

Old 08-29-2006, 07:29 PM
BowDown
Senior User
Well I bought the truck for a toy. I mean I love the PSD and it's everything I ever thought it would be; but really it was just a toy for bragging rights. I have sense lost my roomate in the apt, and I have jumped my house plans up by about a year. I prbly could have paid the truck off by selling the car and added cash in that year, but alas... I would save a ton of money by selling it.

350/m in payment
100/m in insurance
100/m difference in fuel
and i could take the extra money from the sale above what i owe... and pay off my bike = 275/m

So I could save a total of 825/m .

I will miss her so. Maybe I will get another one in a few years.

Old 08-29-2006, 07:41 PM
Tenn01PSD350
Post Fiend

I will miss her so. Maybe I will get another one in a few years.
Atta boy. That's the spirit. You don't owe anybody any explanations. Best of luck.

Old 08-29-2006, 08:15 PM
Chance_Thomas
More Turbo
Come down to Texas find you a sugar momma. Hell I got one that washes the ole girl for me. Nothing than better than having two girls at the same time.

Old 08-29-2006, 11:28 PM
BuickTurbo
Elder User
Sell the wife and the bike. Put a trailer tongue on the house and move to the cheap side of the Mason Dixon.

You will make the right choice no matter what.

Old 08-30-2006, 07:41 AM
Kwikkordead
Fleet Owner
Received 791 Likes on 603 Posts
I have found in the 20+ years of owning a house that a pickup truck is a necessity. Sometimes I need to haul a load of gravel home to fix the driveway. Many times I need it to haul a load of trash to the dump. Lumber to fix the front porch. How are you going to get it home without a truck?
If you must sell your PSD because of economic reasons, that's very understandable, but you will find in the future when you are the proud owner of your house that you really do need to have some way of hauling stuff around. A trailer will do the job just as good, but a Focus won't do a great job of pulling it.

Old 08-30-2006, 08:13 AM
zx250
Of the next Riffraff East
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Like Kwik, my truck is a necessity to me. I am always hauling something around the house or farm. When not, I am towing my boat or camper. Then hunting season comes in and ect.... No doubt I could survive with something less, but I will give up some other things before I give up my truck.
I wish the best for you and regardless of what you decide to do, I think you will continue to be welcome here, once you own a PSD, it will always be in your blood. Good luck.

p.s. As far as yours being a toy, I think everyone here, regardless why they own a PSD, feels that their truck is their favorite toy.

Old 08-30-2006, 11:15 AM
empiretc
Lead Driver
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Yeah, Dan is right. I bought my house first and was always having to borrow a truck. It is embarrassing, not to mention not always possible. Now I do not have to worry- I can got to Home Depot/Lowes/McCoys and buy stuff I need and not worry about getting it home. Trips to the dump are no problem either. Not to mention, I just got my 16ft gooseneck trailer done-->

Money issues are why I waited to get the house first, and then my truck. I found my budget and looked for a truck in that price range. Maybe you should look to trade for one, that way you still have a PSD and a little cash in your pocket!

Old 08-30-2006, 07:24 PM
budfans
Senior User
Won't You Need A Truck To Move In To The New House

Quick Reply: Maybe I'm just stressed over the house purchase... thinking of selling my PSD.