Iowa Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

t'was a sad day to be driving the wrecker...

Old 08-21-2006, 10:40 PM
yamaweezle
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
t'was a sad day to be driving the wrecker...

i got called to tow in a '94 F150 today that had caught on fire...when i arrived at the scene, the truck looked fine except where the engine compartment burst into flames around the master cylinder area...it was in the guy's driveway when it happened...he told me that it had been parked there all day, and he just happened to look out the window to see smoke rolling out of the left front of the truck...he put it out as soon as he saw it, but it allready did sufficient damage...i asked him if he got the recall notice for the cruise control cancellation switch/harness, and he said no...truck was in good shape to, bummer ...

Old 08-22-2006, 04:04 AM
truckertaz
Posting Guru
That really sux!!

Glad I got my recall fixed

Old 09-03-2006, 12:43 AM
jimbo beam
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i didnt hear a word about this cruise control recall untill i started snooping around fte, i went out and unpluged mine right away, the stealership finally got the parts in, 7 months late, and i got her fixed. its alittle freaky thinking your truck could just burst into flames sitting in the gradge

Old 09-03-2006, 05:13 AM
truckertaz
Posting Guru
Hey Jimbo

We may be comming down to your area today to go to the I-80 truckstop to get some chrome and lights for the bikes/trailers... I need to get some chicken lights for my trailer and they normally have some good deals on them

Old 09-03-2006, 07:42 PM
jimbo beam
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i live about 15 minutes from there, if you could throw a rock about 1/2 a mile you'd hit interstate 80 from my front door.

i love walking around that place, i've bought about 10 sets of wip antennas over the years because every time im up there i find a longer set. i was walking down the isle that has all the mirror parts im thinking of building a frame and mounting the biggest set of mirrors they got on my 82. sometimes i have to force my self to leave before i spend all my money

Search this Thread