Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

What the Heck is this and do I need it?

Old 08-25-2006, 10:00 AM
zx250
Of the next Riffraff East
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What the Heck is this and do I need it?

After spending much of the day yesterday washing and waxing my freshly painted and repaired baby (new pics in gallery), I decided to clean my engine and change my fuel filter (seperate thread) this morning. Here is where the problems start. After rinsing my engine for the second time to get the leaking fuel off (other thread) I found laying in the engine valley. Never seen it before. It was under the HPOP. Do any of you know what it is and where it goes. I may be showing my stupidity here, but kinda afraid to start the truck until I here from you guys. Here are a couple more pics.
https://www.ford-trucks.com/user_gal...126290&width=0
https://www.ford-trucks.com/user_gal...126289&width=0
The top is brass and has the words or letter on it: BERU
GERMANY
CDS 3
The bottom apears to be ceramic. I couldn't find anywhere it looked like it should go. Any ideas will be a great help.

Old 08-25-2006, 10:07 AM
Uzumati
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
That is the insulator on the intake air heater. it sits between the ground to the left side block and the GPR + feed wire

Old 08-25-2006, 10:14 AM
zx250
Of the next Riffraff East
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply. I told you I would show my ignorance. Guess I dropped it when I removed my AIH and installed my boost gauge. Well I guess I can put that on the shelf with the rest of the stuff I have altered. Thanks again and that was worth a few rep points for you, at least to me.

Search this Thread