1983 - 2012 Ranger & B-Series All Ford Ranger and Mazda B-Series models

Your rangers 0-60mph time

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 10:07 PM
91teenranger
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Your rangers 0-60mph time

basically what you have and what your 0-60 time is.. for instance i have a 1991 ford ranger 4.0 auto regular cab, long bed, with a bbk 66mm throttle body, and a k&n air filter, no cats, and a cold air induction. My 0-60 time with no tail gate and no spare tire (my best time is) 7.88 seconds from a dead stop to 60 mph. plz time with something pretty precise like a stop-watch not something like a cell phone, they tend to be off. but have fun, i just wanted to know what everyone else' ranger was doing.

Old 07-18-2006, 10:33 PM
RangerPilot
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'll give it a shot tommorow...I'm estimating a little past yours. I have more mods but a stick...so I'll lose time shifting.

I might run our other two trucks as well just for comparison.

RP
Zach

Old 07-19-2006, 04:27 PM
wendell borror
Post Fiend
Zack, you don't have to lose time shifting, power shift it. Slame the shifter through the hood, and back into the bed ha ha. People have been runniny manual trans for at the strip, because they have control over thier shifts. I will addmit, a built auto can shift pretty fast, but no way a stock auto should be able to out shift you I know truck trannies don't like to shift fast, some times you can shift faster double clutching if you practice, and the tranny excepts the gear better. It does take practice, your shifting twice per gear instead of once, but you can get fast at it.

Old 07-19-2006, 04:52 PM
Alan D.
Posting Guru
Well, me and my friend clocked it in at 7.3 offically, but that was with a 300 lbs guy next to me, and about 200 lbs of equipment. so i'm sure it would be down to 6.something without him and all that other crap. too bad useing that mode sucks fuel down faster than i go forward, lol.

Old 07-19-2006, 05:03 PM
wendell borror
Post Fiend
Thats pretty good Alan, was traction a problem with that turbo, or did you start the clock after you stopped spinning, either way, thats a decent time buddy !!

Old 07-19-2006, 05:09 PM
Alan D.
Posting Guru
It was bad because i spun in first and halfway out 2nd. i'm hoping to do better when it cools off too, because it was like 85 when we did it, maybe in august i'll do it again under better conditions, watch my wheels, do a profesional run run.

Old 07-19-2006, 05:39 PM
natebaker
Elder User
They say you can subtract .1 of a second for every 200lbs that you drop.

My 99 2.5L/5spd -> 17seconds flat, lol jk

Old 07-19-2006, 06:05 PM
RangerPilot
Post Fiend
7.96, '94 4.0L, 5 speed stick, 3.08s, empty except 138 pound me and 102 pound gf plus weight of stopwatch, wallet, a knife, keys, a purse, a couple of things in the centre console, and my manual in the glove compartment lol.

I think I an do better. I'm afraid to power shift it though, not sure if the M5OD can take it.

RP
Zach

Old 07-19-2006, 06:19 PM
wendell borror
Post Fiend
"YEAH", your does have a few miles on it, I have mine a time or two to get rubber between gears playing around, but don't like to abuse it to much, easier to do with 4:10's I guess. Try the double clutch, it's easy on the trans, and you can get fast. A trusk just seems to take the gear better when double clutching. You sure don't have to worry about weight being a negitive in your case, I would leave the pocket knife at home, that could hurt ya ha ha.

Old 07-19-2006, 06:55 PM
RangerPilot
Post Fiend
Last Friday night a bunch of us went to the high school to our bi-weekly races we have amongst people who live in town.

There was this kid there with an Ecplise...he pulled his passenger seat out "to save weight", then loaded another two people in. Kinda defeats the purpose.

RP
Zach

Old 07-19-2006, 07:26 PM
natebaker
Elder User
*cough*idiot*cough*

Old 07-19-2006, 07:36 PM
Alan D.
Posting Guru
OK, just got back, had to see it for my self, it really has me impressed. it took 6 runs, but i got it down to 6 flat. Could have went faster with softer tires/colder air. but, i'm a proud for owner. just finnished installing a new system, so i had some serious tunes to race to. Thats with the turbo, computer in H/O mode, and the other mods i have. 4.10's and regeared tranny.(master cylinder dieing ) freakin power shifts actually lifted the front on the suspension, like to maximum travel. awsome ride. though the girlfriend thought i was goinna kill myself.

Old 07-19-2006, 07:39 PM
Alan D.
Posting Guru
Zack your tranny can handel it if you dont do it too often, every now and again wont send it smokin. your lighter than me (truck, i only weigh 118 lbs so i dont think your actually lighter than me) anyway the point is with a 2wd and as long as your tanny wasn't ever really beaten on, it should take it no problem.

Old 07-19-2006, 11:18 PM
RangerPilot
Post Fiend
That's one of my favorite things, you really get it running and then pop the clutch to the floor fast, the front end dives forward, next gear, drop the clutch, the front end raises up in the air.

Though the new shocks somewhat tuned that down, sadly.

RP
Zach

Old 07-19-2006, 11:38 PM
FTE Trigger
Postmaster
Talking

Originally Posted by 91teenranger
i just wanted to know what everyone else' ranger was doing...

Mine was always working... If I wasn't runnin traffic block for the short-handed St. Troopers....it was responding to a life threating medical call... for the county medics...
I never really timed the 0-60 in my truck. A normal (non-emergency) 30-35min jaunter across town usually slimmed into 10-15mins with full lights and sirens....(thats with lit'l to No traffic). I'm not sure how that works into the 0-60 figures tho..since I had some turns and bumps / curbs to hop.

Quick Reply: Your rangers 0-60mph time