new to biodiesel-- hauling horses

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 03:34 PM
Zella
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new to biodiesel-- hauling horses

Hi, I'm new to biodiesel but would like to start using B-20, which is readily available in my area, in my Ford F250 powerstroke diesel. It's a high-miles truck, but it good shape and relatively new (2000).

I have gone to the national biodiesel website and researched it, so I got a lot of questions answered there, but I had a couple questions they couldn't answer:

Is there anything I should know about using biodiesel in an f250 in particular? It's new, so I think all the rubber is non-synthetic.

Has anyone had experienced hauling with biodiesel? I'm guessing from the fleets I have seen around town using biodiesel it shouldn't be a problem.

I need to have the transmission serviced, and I am wondering if I should try to seek out a mechanic who work specifically on biodiesel, or if it doesn't matter, since I will be using B20.

thanks!

Zella

Old 07-14-2006, 04:52 PM
willbd
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Zella,

With B20 you should have no issues.
You might have to change the fuel filter after the 3rd or 4th tank of B20.
I would carry a spare fuel filter with you just in case you plug up the one on the tank.

I started to use B99 on my 95 with 140K on it with no issues. I pulled the fuel filter after the 2nd tank and there was nothing in it.