Nitrous Oxide: Questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2006, 06:12 AM
SyPHER
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nitrous Oxide: Questions

I have decided that I want to get nitrous for my 2001 Crown Vic P71 4.6L SOHC. I have never purchased nitrous before, so I'm a nuub when it comes to this; recommendations would be appreciated. I'm thinking about a "dry" intake kit, but who knows. I want to keep it basic, I'm not interested in getting a controller, because I know ill be able to configure a basic kit to my needs.
I also figured I might as well ask everyone if they have any used nitrous kits that they are not using, I would be interested in buying it. I'm also interested in large nitrous bottles if anyone has one (10-20lb) with valve and regulator. As a diver, I think the bottles and valving are are overpriced, and I dont support super-inflation in the aftermarket parts sector. lol tks

Old 07-02-2006, 07:07 AM
SyPHER
New User
Nitrous

I'm poking around looking for information on 4.6L SOHC and the recommended Nitrous charge for safe operation. Max HP etc. tks

Old 07-05-2006, 11:43 AM
1969fordguy
Senior User
You can build a decent cheap kit with a fogger nozzle $30 (summit PN NOS-13700NOS) plumbed into the intake, a used bottle from ebay ($75-125) and some *NEW* solinoids. Don't forget the braided steel lines. In my experience the seals in new solinoids seem to hold up better than rebuilt ones. I would also limit the kit to 150 with a wet kit and no more than 75 with a dry kit.

Then again my experience is with a 460. Which is like a 4.6, but different.

Old 07-05-2006, 09:21 PM
SyPHER
New User
Thumbs up Nitrous Advice- Tks

Thanks for the advice, seriously. A 460 is quite a bit different, I have one in an old F250. I have often wondered what it would be like to modify the old beast, but have never had the urge. I have decided to go with a wet kit, and I was thinking 100hp max. I think another 100hp would do the trick, Im setting up a tach right now, to monitor the RPM and keep track of everything. Thanks for the kit info, the items you noted and the place to find them will save me some money!