1983 - 2012 Ranger & B-Series All Ford Ranger and Mazda B-Series models

My fast Ford Ranger!

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2006, 08:31 PM
wolves
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking My fast Ford Ranger!

man is my Ford Ranger fast I have been racing on the highway at speeds of 80 to 95mph and have beaten a 1992 Ford Mustang and a Chevy S-10 and a Chevy Colorado and a Pontiac GTO and a 2006 Dodge Dakota and a Dodge Magnum and also a Chrysler C300 and much more! Also nothing was wrong with the cars except that they were not Fords or the people who were driving them could not drive. also I am sure that they wonted to race me becose they were still try ing to pass me even when I was going 85mph. The only thing that I have done to my 3 door 3.0L V6 turck that has a sport bed is I changed out the exzoust system from the catliticonverters on back to a larger and better version wich is made by dynomax and changed the air filter to a K&N air filter. Also I have been racing on the highway since april 10 till now on the week ends from my home to my collage and back. But I think that I'd bedder stop becose one I might get a ticket and also I think may being to hard on my truck not that it can't handle it! Also it was very fun to expecally that I have never lost a race!

Old 06-25-2006, 08:38 PM
sfcwoodret
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Air intake and open exhaust on any engine helps performance tremendously.Many of the new cars have high horsepower but low torque and restrictive air flow and exhaust which boggs them down quite a bit.

Old 06-25-2006, 09:07 PM
thefonz#1
Senior User
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by wolves
man is my Ford Ranger fast I have been racing on the highway at speeds of 80 to 95mph and have beaten a 1992 Ford Mustang and a Chevy S-10 and a Chevy Colorado and a Pontiac GTO and a 2006 Dodge Dakota and a Dodge Magnum and also a Chrysler C300 and much more! Also nothing was wrong with the cars except that they were not Fords or the people who were driving them could not drive. also I am sure that they wonted to race me becose they were still try ing to pass me even when I was going 85mph. The only thing that I have done to my 3 door 3.0L V6 turck that has a sport bed is I changed out the exzoust system from the catliticonverters on back to a larger and better version wich is made by dynomax and changed the air filter to a K&N air filter. Also I have been racing on the highway since april 10 till now on the week ends from my home to my collage and back. But I think that I'd bedder stop becose one I might get a ticket and also I think may being to hard on my truck not that it can't handle it! Also it was very fun to expecally that I have never lost a race!

I don't really know how to put this politely... so I won't,
You are a dumbazz for racing on public roads!!!
Grow up!

Old 06-25-2006, 09:29 PM
rebturtle
Mountain Pass
Just because you beat them in traffic doesn't make your truck fast. You might be good at looking ahead and anticipating traffic patterns, but none of the vehicles you mentioned are going to give out at 95MPH unless their limiters kick in at the same speed. More than likely they recognized you're a jacka** and decided it wasn't worth causing an accident just to get past you. Do you really think 85 is the cruising speed and anyone going faster wants to race?

Rule #1 Slower traffic keep right
Rule #2 There's always someone willing to go faster than you -see rule 1

Old 06-25-2006, 09:33 PM
Max1
Junior User
I want the 45 seconds it took me to read this back. Hope you don't end up hurting somebody racing with that fast 3.0.

Old 06-25-2006, 10:43 PM
Eric.S
Junior User
Learn how to spell please wolves.

Old 06-26-2006, 02:48 AM
CowboyBilly9Mile
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Eric.S
Learn how to spell please wolves.
But he got into a college (opps, spelled collage in post #1) somewhere . I'm still mopping up the beer off my desk that just got sprayed through my sinuses; that first post was pretty damn funny. Thanks for the good joke, I needed a good laugh. And man was it good. Keep em comming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tell us about the Viper that you dusted on the next go around.

Last edited by CowboyBilly9Mile; 06-26-2006 at 02:52 AM.
Old 06-26-2006, 06:10 AM
Bob Ayers
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You must have paid way too much for that K&N!!!! Normally people don't
get that kind of performance increase from WWR (Wallet Weight Reduction). I agree with the previous post, grow up before you
kill yourself, and/or somebody else!!! I'm really surprised you showed your ignorance, and how childish you are publically like this!!

I think you are a troll!!!

Old 06-26-2006, 10:42 AM
bassaway
Senior User
I am currently in college and even I have to admit that racing on public roads is very immature. As far as any 3.0 ranger blowing the doors off of sports cars and such, I just dont beleive it. My 3.0 ranger is 6 years old and not once has impressed me with its performance, hence the nickname, "3.slow". However, I am very impressed with the reliability and fuel economy (best was 24.5 mpg).

Old 06-26-2006, 11:40 AM
dono
Gone but not forgotten.
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
What nonsense ..... our future in the hands of those that think a 3.0 is fast?

Old 06-26-2006, 10:13 PM
handyman43358
Postmaster
Put a 3.0 on a Go kart and it'll be fast.

Seriously though, grow up before you kill yourself, or me, or my family, or anyone else on this board. I've lost too many friends because of ignorant people like the one you're describing yourself as.

Old 06-27-2006, 06:56 AM
Alan D.
Posting Guru
As i read this, two things come to mind:
1. I'm really Glad you dont live near me,
2. if you think a 3.0 is fast, your wrong, period. I have a 4.0, which is quick, after some serious mods. I can run 0-60 in 6.6 sec. But that doesn't campare to some cars out there.

Slow down dude, driving that truck at the speed is like 20 story building when you crash, not if, because at that speed the ranger's back wheels get "sucked" off the road slightly because of the airflow. your dead, and so is anyone else you hit.

If you really need to get beat that bad, come to pa, in lehighton is a track i race on, i'll show you, your truck really aint that good.

Old 06-27-2006, 07:20 AM
johare
Elder User
I am glad to see others feel the way I do about our "collage" educated "friend!" When I first read the post I decided that it did not warrant a reply! However, I am glad some of my fellow posters put wolves in his proper place.

Old 06-27-2006, 07:45 AM
handyman43358
Postmaster
And people wonder why I'm not planning on going to college. Booksmarts won't get you anywhere without common sense. I think our rad racer lacks both.

If I see people trying to race me in my 91 2.3 with a bazillion miles on it, I tend to want to pull a Dale Sr and either bump draft em or take the air off their spoiler. I'll be on the lookout for the fast 3.0!

I just tried reread the original post again and saw that he had beaten a 92 Mustang. What are the chances of that not having a 2.3 in it? Throw a 351 into it and watch his jaw drop as he gets left in a trail of dust.

Seriously dude, the more I think bout this the more *^%$&* off I get. I had more common sense than you when I was 12 and you're a college student.

Last edited by handyman43358; 06-27-2006 at 07:49 AM.
Old 06-27-2006, 10:55 AM
RangerPilot
Post Fiend
I race...not on public roads.

But I'd pull the BS flag on half your "races".

A Magnum, 300C, the GTO, the Colorado, hell even the S-10 would school you more than likely.

RP
Zach

Quick Reply: My fast Ford Ranger!