Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

New pic in Gallery of Bed and Grill Removal

Old 06-18-2006, 05:53 PM
wadematthews53
Freshman User
wadematthews53 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Smile New pic in Gallery of Bed and Grill Removal

Removed grill and bed and post new pic in my gallery. It looks like the only part of the bed I am gonna have to replace is the front bed panel and the wood it's self. Oh and the tailgate... I was wondering if anyone nows the grill color on a 53 thats was factory black I think it's a creame color but I'm not 100% sure on that also need to know where I can get heater control switch.

Thanks for the help on the eletrical problems you guy it it on the head.

God Bless,

Wade

Old 06-18-2006, 10:22 PM
Fomoko1
Fomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputation
Looks very nice, wadematthews53. You are off to a great start, keep us posted with progress pictures.

Old 06-19-2006, 09:41 AM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.
That trucks looks real solid!
Glad to hear you are making progress.

Bobby

Old 06-19-2006, 04:35 PM
AXracer
Post Fiend
AXracer has much to be proud ofAXracer has much to be proud ofAXracer has much to be proud ofAXracer has much to be proud ofAXracer has much to be proud ofAXracer has much to be proud ofAXracer has much to be proud ofAXracer has much to be proud of
That's the best way to go IMHO, find solid sheetmetal, the mechanicals are a lot easier to fix. What's wrong with the bed front panel and tailgate, most guys would love to have one as good as yours looks in the pix. Don't be too quick to toss them unless you have NOS replacements in hand , some of the repro stuff may make you decide to fix yours. What are your plans for the grill?

Mid Fifty sells the fan switch and the defrost, temp cables.

Last edited by AXracer; 06-19-2006 at 04:44 PM.
Old 06-19-2006, 09:33 PM
wadematthews53
Freshman User
wadematthews53 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Grill is back on the truck, painted it creame color as close to orignal as possible look pretty good. Really stands off against the black.

The front bed panel was rusted veryy bad, looks like BlueOval has replacement and the tail gate is very rough but looks really cool hanging up in my shop by the bed chains.

Did all the truck 53-56 come standard with a rubber floor mat?
Sprayed the floor board with an undercoating treatment and it turn out pretty good.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.