Ohio meeting in Juneish edit ** May 6th**

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2006, 09:55 PM
mikeyswood
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ohio meeting in Juneish edit ** May 6th**

How about some doins-ahap-anin?

There are a few Buckeyes trying to start something.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/s....php?p=3453159

What do you think? Can we do this?

Mike

Old 02-28-2006, 10:57 AM
Bruin52
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Three or four of us met up with freighttrain a couple of years ago with his antique tractor buddies over in Hebron. That was a pretty cool day. Maybe we could piggyback with them, as Larry said, the pickup's aren't shunned. We could learn some things from them and they could learn some things from us. What kind of schedule do you guys have in June or July Larry?

Mikey, do you work at the S. A. brewery down there in Cincy. I'm two styles short in completing my collection.

Old 02-28-2006, 05:36 PM
F2504x4
Lead Driver
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
post up a date and i'll do my best to be there

I like bruins idea, it was pretty cool mixin it up with the Big trucks.

Old 02-28-2006, 10:07 PM
mikeyswood
Elder User
Bruin, You name the date and we can get started with a plan.

Also, what two styles are you missing?

Mike

Old 03-01-2006, 12:46 AM
C M Budke
Senior User
Howdy, I know Freightrain from the old truck club. If you were in Hebron a couple years back, you probably met me. (only guy there with a handlebar mustache driving a red Peterbilt) This years show is May 6th at the Outville Township Garage in Pataskala. Trucks of all sizes and ages are always welcome. If my Kenworth isn't done by then, I'll be there in a '79 F-100 or my 98.5 Powerstroke. I'm sure Freightrain will fill you in on all the details. Hope to see ya'll there, I'm sure it'll be a good show.

Old 03-01-2006, 11:26 AM
Bruin52
Elder User
Ohio meet

So how does May 6 sound for everybody up in Pataskala. The Hebron one was in the first week of May and I remember the weather being very good. Not too hot and sunny.
I can cruise by the site in a couple of weeks and maybe get some help with sponsorship for maybe doing our own solo thing for next year or maybe in the fall before everybody puts their toys away.

Can anybody put up some flyer ideas in here and we'll select a couple of good ones to print off and start handing out. I'll get some of these nice Morgan County Fords down here involved too and maybe expand the chapter a little.

Last edited by Bruin52; 03-01-2006 at 11:29 AM. Reason: Flyer input
Old 03-01-2006, 02:55 PM
Freightrain
Lead Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I'll call and see about the facilities. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't pick a small lot for a big truck show! At least I HOPE!

I'll call the boys down south and see about the details.

I have a grille and refrig. We can be base camp like before.

Old 03-03-2006, 08:23 AM
Freightrain
Lead Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Well, got the low down on the show. Seems there should be plenty of room for all of us. Fellow I talked to has not seen the place(not until the meeting in April) and says if he needs to park his junk on the street, he'll make sure there is room for us!!

So, if everyone wants to make initial plans for May 6th....let's do it.

Old 03-05-2006, 01:46 AM
Bruin52
Elder User
May 6th, I'm in guys. I'll have Tessie there or a '79 that I've been looking at. Any ideas on flyers yet? Ray, how can we gather up some T-shirts, hats or bumper stickers for hand outs or small fees for some non members, maybe try and get them to browse the site and become regulars? I'm in the middle of working thirteen straight days so I'll be around here and there. I'll try to get in here at least every other day if anybody has any advice or questions. Let's make this thing happen!! Larry, have any of your guys got the name of the location yet, maybe somebody here can cruise by and give some info on it. Anybody know the area?

Old 03-05-2006, 12:43 PM
C M Budke
Senior User
Bruin, the show will be at the Outville Township Garage, 6750 Outville Road. I've never been there before (on the wrong side of the state). But I'm sure there will be plenty of room for everyone. Should be good times!

Old 03-05-2006, 12:49 PM
Bruin52
Elder User
Thanks C M, I'll try and make a trip out there before hand and give a report unless there's somebody over there now that knows the area.

Old 03-05-2006, 02:55 PM
F2504x4
Lead Driver
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
[QUOTE=Bruin52] Ray, how can we gather up some T-shirts, hats or bumper stickers for hand outs QUOTE]

Let me check with the boy's upstairs and see if they will do anything. I can order some Ohio FTE stickers through the store for us.

Old 03-06-2006, 01:11 AM
Bruin52
Elder User
Ray, if needed maybe we could all put in a couple of dollars each to cover the cost of some gift items. Maybe we could get three shirts for awards for best trucks or something, I don't know. Just some thoughts. I still haven't seen or heard anything about flyer ideas guys, let's start something so we can get the word out later this month or early next month and get some new people involved with the site. I've got a bumper sticker in my back window and tell everybody I can about it. Let's get some new people at the get togethers.

Old 03-08-2006, 08:23 PM
Ervin
Senior User
Hey all, Is this town just east of Columbus where you are talking about a gtg? Just wondering, would like to meet some of the crowd that has helped me out. Erv

Old 03-08-2006, 09:16 PM
mikeyswood
Elder User
I will start getting a flyer together. May 6 at the Outville Township Garage, 6750 Outville Road.

This will be upon us sooner than we think. What can everybody bring?

Mike

Quick Reply: Ohio meeting in Juneish edit ** May 6th**