Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Is it too soon to rant? :)

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 02:58 PM
rjrhodes
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is it too soon to rant? :)

As a relative "newbie" to the forum, I hope I'm not out of line when I say that I think it would be worthwhile for all of us "newbies" to read the forum guidelines, along with using the "Search" function, before posting a new thread. I counted 8 threads within the first 3 pages that are all somehow related to CPS problems.

I understand that we all think problems we're having are unique to our particular vehicle, but after following this forum for some time now, most of these problems have already been experienced and resolved by the more senior forum posters. I admit that I'm guilty of doing the same, so I recommend we use their wisdom to our advantage and do a little research before we post. And when we do take the plunge and post a new thread, please try to be as descriptive in the title as possible (oops...I think that's already mentioned in the forum guidelines).

Comments are welcome (and expected )

Old 06-13-2006, 03:32 PM
Crash1040
Junior User
Amen Brother!!

Old 06-13-2006, 05:00 PM
PowerstrokeJunkie
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
preach on. i find myself and many of the seasoned members dealing with many issues that are reposted every week, such as beginning mods, CPS, fuel problems, ETC. it seems the past few weeks have been heavily used for transmissions and transmission coolers. before that it was CPS. but i take it in stride, help them out as much as i can, and point out the search feature. it only takes one swift nudge to get them acquainted with all of the forums great features.

Old 06-13-2006, 05:39 PM
piotrsko
Elder User
Block #1 316X0-H minuteman missile systems tech USAF
1 st day of tech school 1 st hour lesson:

R.T.F.I.

Read the Farkle-ing instructions

No, you're not to soon JMHO.

Old 06-13-2006, 07:49 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Block #1 316X0-H minuteman missile systems tech USAF
1 st day of tech school 1 st hour lesson:

R.T.F.I.

Read the Farkle-ing instructions
Interesting....block 1 of 454X0B, and 2A6X1B says the same thing.

Old 06-13-2006, 10:33 PM
Fire Rooster
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That is funny Block one of 3p011 and 7473x also said same thing.

Honestly though this is the reason I will read the forums everyday for a few months then leave for a while. I get tired of reading the same problems everyday

Old 06-13-2006, 11:01 PM
Kwikkordead
Fleet Owner
Received 783 Likes on 595 Posts
Pity the poor moderators, they have to keep up.

Old 06-13-2006, 11:43 PM
jtharvey
Lead Driver
I do feel bad for you guys sometimes, especially if it's been a busy couple of days. I try to stay caught up, but I can only imagine what you guys have to endure. Thankfully, you two do an excellent job.

But, I do agree. It's been too long ago to remember the procedure when I regestered, but is there any way to send an email to newly signed up members to suggest that they read the sticky at the top of the page first?

Old 06-14-2006, 12:26 AM
MRBASS
Elder User
I am guilty like everyone else of not always searching when I have a question,but the search tool has been a huge help when i needed a fast answer.But lets not forget that this is supposed to be fun also.. I kinda enjoy reading about the same problems. Everyones description or sympton is a little different each time.Sometimes i Sit here and laugh my butt off for sure..

Old 06-14-2006, 05:59 AM
rjrhodes
Senior User
Originally Posted by Kwikkordead
Pity the poor moderators, they have to keep up.
My post was not intended as a slam against the moderators by any means. I'm sure you're not paid enough for the fine job all of you do!

I think your job would be easier if we took a few minutes to review the forum guidelines, along with the posts for common mods, etc.

Thanks for all the great information posted here at FTE!

Old 06-14-2006, 07:14 AM
Kwikkordead
Fleet Owner
Received 783 Likes on 595 Posts
A slam against the mods was the last thing on my mind.
It was purely a joke with the big grin smiley.
A lot of times I read the same question over and over again by new users, and am grateful to see that other participants here on FTE have already jumped in with a quick answer.

Old 06-14-2006, 08:38 AM
PlainJaneTruck
New User
As a newbie, just want to say THANKS!! I have been able to find all my answers in the archives...

You guys are an incredible resource...fun too!!

Old 06-14-2006, 09:22 AM
jtharvey
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by PlainJaneTruck
As a newbie, just want to say THANKS!! I have been able to find all my answers in the archives...

You guys are an incredible resource...fun too!!
I'm glad that we've been able to help you, and you're enjoying your time here. Even though most of your questions can be answered with the archives, please remeber not to be afraid to post a new topic asking a question if you can't find the answer.

Old 06-14-2006, 09:53 AM
dcf4x4
Laughing Gas
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
one of the most difficult things to address is that what sounds like a rattle to one person will sound like a lifter knock to me. Sure, the search feature works well for actual physical problems on the truck, but when it comes to identifying noises or symptoms... Heaven help me. I spent a long time trying to figure out what the lifter knock was and then it dawned on me to try changing the description of the sound. Low and behold, air in the fuel system causes it.

Currently saving up for some fuel line and connections.
Dan

Old 06-14-2006, 09:12 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by rjrhodes
I'm sure you're not paid enough for the fine job all of you do!
My wife wishes we got paid for the hours we dedicate to this site, but we do it solely to see your smiling faces when a problem gets resolved.

Originally Posted by dcf4x4
one of the most difficult things to address is that what sounds like a rattle to one person will sound like a lifter knock to me
Good point. Another thing to consider is that everyone wants that little bit of personal attention when he has a problem. Nothing wrong with that at all. I actually prefer that the newbies post in a new thread, makes it easier for me to identify them and give them a proper welcome to the boards.