Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

A new look in an hour and a half

Old 09-01-2006, 09:19 AM
kooper909
Elder User
kooper909 is starting off with a positive reputation.
My buddies and I finally got around to painting the hood of my truck last night.

Old 09-01-2006, 09:31 AM
CharlieLed
Post Fiend
CharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by jeffh
That looks pretty good -- the Battruck!
The Bat Truck....yeah I knew that color scheme reminded me of something I'd seen before. Nice touch, now you REALLY need to spend some time slammin' that bad boy! WWWs and red wheels are only meant to have the very lowest parts exposed.

Old 09-01-2006, 09:34 AM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.
Koop,

Wow! the truck is looking awesome!!! Makes me wish mine was all one color so I could lay some scallops on it.

A big thumbs up to you!
Bobby

Old 09-01-2006, 09:58 AM
Nuthin
Elder User
Nuthin is starting off with a positive reputation.
Normally, I'm one who likes a smooth expanse of sleek, one-color metal. Man, whoever laid that out has a FANTASTIC eye.

I like it!

Old 09-01-2006, 10:23 AM
kooper909
Elder User
kooper909 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thanks for all the kind words, gentlemen.

Originally Posted by bobbytnm
Koop,

Wow! the truck is looking awesome!!! Makes me wish mine was all one color so I could lay some scallops on it.

A big thumbs up to you!
Bobby
P.S. White scallops go on anything. I say scallop it as is.

Old 09-01-2006, 11:12 AM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.
Koop,

I think you're right. I suppose that with my truck being such a mish-mash of colors it couldn't hurt to lay some on there. Worst case scenario is that I'd have to sand them off again.

There is a bit of freedom that comes with having ugly paint.

Bobby

Old 09-01-2006, 11:34 AM
Jag Red 54
Postmaster
Jag Red 54 has a very good reputation on FTE.Jag Red 54 has a very good reputation on FTE.Jag Red 54 has a very good reputation on FTE.
That is really nice. The white pinstripes will really bring it all together!! Jag

Old 09-01-2006, 11:51 AM
uc4me
Senior User
uc4me is starting off with a positive reputation.
here is a quick photshop drop

Old 09-01-2006, 12:07 PM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
Originally Posted by uc4me
here is a quick photshop drop
I just recently got photoshop and havent had much of a chance to play with it. Whats the best way to do something like the drop? I found come cool old gasser pics and I was going to try and set my truck pic on the gasser pics.

I'm probably the odd man out here on the whole dropped issue. I don't like it. It already has a slight rake to it and I think it looks great as is. IMHO

Bobby

Old 09-01-2006, 07:50 PM
Walston
Posting Guru
Walston is a name known to allWalston is a name known to allWalston is a name known to allWalston is a name known to allWalston is a name known to allWalston is a name known to all
Koop. Looks great, I really like the color scheme.

Classic Trucks Magazine has been running a monthly article on lowering a 60. They are using a straight axle. It looks good, it is supposed to conclude this month. Check it out, it is worth reading.

but, IMHO, I like the current stance, no lowering needed!

Last edited by Walston; 09-01-2006 at 07:52 PM.
Old 09-01-2006, 08:54 PM
Christopher2
Posting Guru
Christopher2 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I wouldn't go that far down, maybe just enough to have the top of the wheels even with the lower part of the wheel well opening. Maybe an inch or two?

Old 09-01-2006, 10:17 PM
59'er F100
Senior User
59'er F100 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thumbs up

Holy 60 Ford Batman!!! Sweet lookin ride man!.You beat me to it! I will post some pics of my recent work shortly!
Love those wide whites....I'm jealous!
Ryan

Old 09-01-2006, 11:24 PM
uc4me
Senior User
uc4me is starting off with a positive reputation.
I just select all then paste it as a new layer, erase the wheels from the new layer then move it down to the desired level

Old 09-02-2006, 12:14 AM
Fomoko1
Fomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputation
Sweet and smokin!

Old 09-05-2006, 06:21 PM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
Originally Posted by uc4me
I just select all then paste it as a new layer, erase the wheels from the new layer then move it down to the desired level
Thanks, I'll mess around a bit and try and figure it out

Bobby

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: A new look in an hour and a half

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.