Need a Mechanic in SE Corner!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 09:44 PM
Americanmadeford
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need a Mechanic in SE Corner!

Alright,

In another 2.5 weeks Ill be living in Ozark, Alabama. I absolutley hate to leave my mechanic here in Texas but I couldnt convince him to follow me out here.

Can someone recomend me a could mechanic over here? Prefferably in Ozark or close by.

Old 06-13-2007, 03:53 PM
Ubetcha
New User
Welcome to Alabama. I'd be happy to take care of your truck for you. I live in Ozark, but I have a Custom Exhaust and Auto Repair shop in Daleville, less than 20 miles away. I'm ASE Master Certified, and have over 25 years experience. Or I'd be happy to refer you to another reputable technician. You have to be careful where you go, even in the small towns.

Old 06-13-2007, 04:21 PM
Americanmadeford
Senior User
Originally Posted by Ubetcha
Welcome to Alabama. I'd be happy to take care of your truck for you. I live in Ozark, but I have a Custom Exhaust and Auto Repair shop in Daleville, less than 20 miles away. I'm ASE Master Certified, and have over 25 years experience. Or I'd be happy to refer you to another reputable technician. You have to be careful where you go, even in the small towns.

What's the name of your shop? Amazingly the truck made it out here and is still going strong, but Im sure Ill need some work done eventually.

EDIT:

Read your other post. Your must be Stan?

I was out just about to your shop the other day looking for "Phillips Auto Recycle & Salvage". What a scam that place is. They shouldnt call themselves an "Auto Salvage" if they dont sale parts. Anyway, what are some good junk yards around here? I tried Quinn and Sons, but they had been picked pretty clean. Fulfords didnt have single 80-86F150... Any place else?

Last edited by Americanmadeford; 06-13-2007 at 04:27 PM.
Old 06-13-2007, 08:19 PM
Ubetcha
New User
What sort of parts are you looking for?

Old 06-13-2007, 08:59 PM
Americanmadeford
Senior User
Originally Posted by Ubetcha
What sort of parts are you looking for?
Nothing in particular. I just like to know where my local junk yards are for when the need arises.

Old 07-22-2007, 04:45 PM
Redtires019
Cross-Country
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Glenn Rogers is in Clayhatchee, I get fair deals from him. Fultons is another one. It is near Enterprise. Paul Quinn is where I get my best deals however with metal prices up like they have been he is not holding onto much here lately. I also use www-car-part.com if I can not find anything local

Old 08-13-2007, 01:14 PM
rednekrailroader
Senior User
Truck Farm in Still's Crossroads outside of Troy has around 15 acres of trucks. I bought a radiator for a !976 F100 for $40 and never had another problem with it. It's a little hard to find but I'd say it's definitely worth the drive.

Old 10-22-2007, 10:11 PM
AndysFords
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Truck Farm is awesome, I live just down the road. He is a good friend of mine, and will help you find ANYTHING. Call him at 334-474-3253. If they don't have it, they can tell you where to find it.
He also does major and minor mechanic work if you are interested in that.

Old 10-22-2007, 10:17 PM
Americanmadeford
Senior User
Yep. Quinn told me they arent selling parts anymore. Good-ol-boy Glenn believe his parts are clad in gold. Got testy with me when I told him his prices where ridiculas. Oh well.

Ill have to make a list and rob and bank and go up to Troy one day. Is the truck farm on the north side or south side of Troy? EDIT: Nevermind, found it.

Thanks Yall.

Old 12-06-2007, 09:23 PM
FloridaStroker
Freshman User
Stan, I might be looking you up to work on my 390 out of the '73. I live on Ft. Rucker. What is the address to your shop?