1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

a NEW classification for FTE'rs !!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2006, 08:01 PM
havi
I'll have the Roast Duck
Received 45 Likes on 28 Posts
I guess it could be...lol, I guess it could double as downsider from the way I feel about it, lol....that is, not spending enough time working on what I want to be working on.

Last edited by havi; 06-04-2006 at 08:05 PM.
Old 06-05-2006, 04:52 AM
53Merc
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

I'm definitely a "Greysider" and I suspect most of us here are ...
whether were talking truck mods or hair colour!

GW

Old 06-05-2006, 05:10 AM
4tl8ford
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
John

Can't be tooo Bad.

I were 1 wonst, even better than that, I had to inspect all the Hazardous Materials Facilities in the County.

Ewe kan dew it John.

Old 06-05-2006, 09:11 AM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
Received 3,840 Likes on 1,839 Posts
Light, gray, dark...heck, its all good!
I guess I'm dark gray, as I haven't done any major changes to the basic design and shape of the body. I will be installing a bed floor out of a 2005 GMC but I don't consider that a major body modification.

John...I ended up in the safety business also and was actually an OSHA Compliance Officer for several years. Basically if something looks scary, you probably shouldn't be doing it.

Bobby

Old 06-05-2006, 10:18 AM
hiball3985
Logistics Pro
Received 74 Likes on 64 Posts
I hope you OSHA guys stay away from my garage..LOL..are empty beer cans really a hazard?

Old 06-05-2006, 11:50 AM
4tl8ford
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by hiball3985
I hope you OSHA guys stay away from my garage..LOL..are empty beer cans really a hazard?
Beer Cans. Beer cans full, must be stored in their original container, as recieved from the factory or distributor, unless they are transfered to an approved strorage device for the purpose of cooling.

Beer Cans. Beer cans Empty, may not exceed the depth of 18 inches when after consumption they are tossed on the floor. However there must be sufficiant Wadeability in said cans that a person attempting to cross said floor does not have an expectation of having to walk on top of the cans without guide ropes and safety harnesses. NOTE: Safety Harnesses and Guide Ropes are not required if individual are expected to "Swim" the pile from one side to another.

See References: Beer Goggles and Wife Guards.

Old 06-05-2006, 12:03 PM
John - NNY
Senior User
Lightside, Darkside, Greyside - it's soo confusing!!!!!

I am going to stick with STAKESIDES!!!!!!!!!!

John
NNY

F-7
"Despite what she tells you, size matters!"

Old 06-05-2006, 01:02 PM
f1fordguy
Senior User
Originally Posted by bobbytnm
I guess I'm dark gray....

Bobby
No offense intended but.......

If I am an Evil-Sider, then you, at a MINIMUM, are a Darksider.

My truck exterior is STOCK except for a wood bed and wheels. The ONLY foreign content that I am aware of is the repop pretty parts and you won't find Toyota on any of those. As I recall, our powerplants are made by different Divisions of the SAME company.

So, I think you are a Darksider--just still in the denial phase. But don't fret. this phase will eventually pass. And then, anything goes!

Tim

PS--If your ever find yourself longing for the good ole days of a Greysider, just break out your title--in the eyes of the great state of New Mexico, The Land of Enchantment, I believe, your truck will always be a FORD!

Old 06-05-2006, 01:28 PM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
Originally Posted by f1fordguy
No offense intended but.......

So, I think you are a Darksider--just still in the denial phase. But don't fret. this phase will eventually pass. And then, anything goes!
None taken,

I'm actually honored to be considered a darksider, thanks. I had figured dark gray because I have not done any major body mods, no chopped tops, tilt front ends, suicide doors, etc.

Actually my truck looks better in the dark...

...from a distance...

...after a frosty beverage or two...

Bobby

Old 06-05-2006, 01:38 PM
hiball3985
Logistics Pro
Received 74 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by 4tl8ford
Beer Cans. Beer cans full, must be stored in their original container, as recieved from the factory or distributor, unless they are transfered to an approved strorage device for the purpose of cooling.

Beer Cans. Beer cans Empty, may not exceed the depth of 18 inches when after consumption they are tossed on the floor. However there must be sufficiant Wadeability in said cans that a person attempting to cross said floor does not have an expectation of having to walk on top of the cans without guide ropes and safety harnesses. NOTE: Safety Harnesses and Guide Ropes are not required if individual are expected to "Swim" the pile from one side to another.

See References: Beer Goggles and Wife Guards.
thats too funny!!!! Technicaly you should stay away

Old 06-05-2006, 01:46 PM
f1fordguy
Senior User
I'm actually honored to be considered a darksider, thanks.

Bobby
WE GROW STRONGER EACH DAY!

And your truck is looking good. Nice work. How long you been at it? Me?--try 9 years!

Old 06-05-2006, 01:56 PM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
Woohoo!

I got the truck in 98 or 99 in trade for a 1949 Pontiac Silver Streak but I didn't really start working on it until 2003. Since then its been as money and time allows.

I really like what you have done with your dash. How hard was it to patch up the radio opening? My previous owner used a combination smoke wrench and church key to nibble out the radio opening. I was considering building an overhead console to mount the radio in but I like the looks of yours. That is a great color!

thanks for the compliments

Bobby

Old 06-05-2006, 02:18 PM
f1fordguy
Senior User
Woohoo!

Since then its been as money and time allows.

How hard was it to patch up the radio opening?

That is a great color!

thanks for the compliments

Bobby
Time and Money is why I have been working on this blasted thing for 9 years!

I let the body guy do it. I know my limitations. Matching the contour of the dash was no easy task--all he did was complain! Did a great job though.

The color is the closest 2 stage paint I could get to a Ford color--"Laser Red metallic clear coat, tinted" I loved that color but did not want a three stage paint so I got as close as I could with a two stage. The paint is Glasurit. The color was popular on Explorers and Expeditions a couple of years back.

Tim

Old 06-05-2006, 02:21 PM
Col Flashman
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Whitelighter/Stocker
Graystocker
Darksider

Last edited by Col Flashman; 06-05-2006 at 02:25 PM.
Old 06-05-2006, 02:30 PM
mt54
Posting Guru
DARK !! dark as dark can be, thats me !
Now as for the GRAY Area, do we really want to complicate things further with new lables ? I belive it should be clear, clear as black and white. I for one would like to know if I'm about to or have crossed the line. This can be very difficult when you have no actual line but just shades of the same.
Now for my vote (if I have one) (or if I don't) NO NEW LABLES,
I so confused, at one point someone convinced me I was building a ratrod, restorod, custom rod, street rod, some kind of Rod
I belive at this point all I can do is grab a frosty (malted ) beverage and just sit back and ponder, maybe with a fishing ROD.
Good Luck to All
Mike