Sponsored by: DP Tuner

CCV mod and warrenty

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 09:24 PM
mybigredford
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CCV mod and warrenty

any of you gone in for warrenty with the ccv mod done and have had any hassels with the ford guys about it?? just wondeering cause i hate the oily boots, but got to get a little warrenty work done so i can wait until i get the work done then do the ccv mod, but i may have to go in for work at a later time.

Old 05-24-2006, 09:33 PM
PowerstrokeJunkie
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
actually it should be the opposite of "harming" the warranty. if you are going in for the oily boots, then chances are, they have never seen such a modification and you'll have to 'splain them.

Old 05-24-2006, 09:53 PM
mybigredford
Elder User
im not going in for oily boots, i got oil seepage coming down the back of the engine around the bell housing, oil never seems to drop on the driveway, and my truck sits there all week, i was just wondering if they happen to see the ccv mod, that they might say my warrenty is none

Old 05-24-2006, 10:23 PM
guzzle92
Posting Guru
Any engine modification could be an "excuse" for a dealer to deny warranty. As far as the CCV mod and engine seal leakage goes, an improper CCV mod installation that does not allow enough "free movement" of gases to the atmosphere or a negative pressure to the CCV will actually cause seals to begin seeping oil. This would be a valid reason for a dealer to deny warranty.

Your problem could be a seepage from a number of sources other than engine seals or possible a fuel leak that when mixed with the gunk on the engine, could appear as an oil leak. Only a very honest and reputable (rare and dying bread) dealer would point out the difference.

Old 05-24-2006, 10:56 PM
aklim
Lead Driver

Received 241 Likes on 186 Posts
That is why I keep onto the old pipe so I can switch back to the regular mode if I have warranty issues.

Old 05-24-2006, 11:01 PM
Lushman
Elder User
Originally Posted by aklim
That is why I keep onto the old pipe so I can switch back to the regular mode if I have warranty issues.
If you can still take your truck back for warranty issues, I need to go to your dealer! I can see it now, "I don't know what happened to it? I was just dirving it like any normal person would (omitted: while pulling a sled in a towing contest and trying to win!!!!)?

Old 05-25-2006, 12:31 AM
Fat Diesel
Logistics Pro

Received 95 Likes on 52 Posts
I wouldn't even risk it. It has happened for sure. If you have the original parts, put them back on before you go in. Half of the dealers actually believe you oil the turbo that way.