Colorado Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

So how is everybody?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 07:34 PM
Hypoid
Cargo Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Arrow So how is everybody?

Seems like I have been in my own little world lately...

Almost done with school: http://www.rrcc.edu/electrical/index.html#aasme
The instructor has an awesome video of a boom truck that crossed some high volt lines: Arcs jumping a 2 to 3 foot air gap-ZOWIE!!!

Might be changing jobs soon. I interview for elevator work Friday...

Old 05-04-2006, 11:29 PM
ceetwarrior
Cargo Master
Hey Mike, sounds like it's goin good for ya. Why job change? No more rail car work? How's the truck? Wife? Golden?

I wanna go cruisin' up there some time this summer before Fordfest, if not, at Fordfest. Last time I was at your house I had nothin' cool but the Crown Vic, and it's not half as cool as Tux

Old 05-05-2006, 09:48 AM
Mike G
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Too stinkin busy to have some fun.... Hopefully things will be better once the beginning or middle of June roll around and we can dust off the projects and get some work done.

--Mike

Old 05-12-2006, 01:39 AM
Hypoid
Cargo Master
Sorry to take so long getting back. I've been horsing around with some features that come with my ISP:

http://home.comcast.net/~hypoids.haus

I hope it works. I loaded photos from last year's Buffalo Bill Days-I think. We are having a car show on June 10th, I don't think it's the orphan cars. There's no admission: They close a few blocks downtown so you can wander the streets, look at the cars and spend those tourist dollars. LOL I'll try to get more info later.

Yeah Ceet, this time you'll have to stay long enough to fire up the bbq and cauterize some MEAT. Just wasn't enough time last year. Rail car work is good, "plan C" if I don't find anything with better pay this summer. Past that I'm with "the other Mike G", things are pretty hectic.

Old 05-12-2006, 03:43 PM
ceetwarrior
Cargo Master
Hey Mike, dang, June 10th Mallory has a pagent in Loveland. We and a few neighbors were going to pile in their new Esclade and ''pimp" up there and cheer her on. So, we'll be up that way, but I dunno if it'll work out for the show. Closer, we'll be able to tell. But we'll definetly cauterize some beef with ya! Mabye get Gene and his son (Spudco) up their too.

Old 05-13-2006, 03:52 PM
Hypoid
Cargo Master
Pagent, kewwwll!
Yeah it'd be fun to get more people together, just part of the community thing. It's always nice to meet up, make new friends, see old friends.
I'm always open to an idea that suits a broad spectrum of people. Having the "little" heathens has made me very aware of the need to keep plans flexible and adaptive.

Old 05-14-2006, 04:33 PM
ceetwarrior
Cargo Master
Last time we were there your boys were gone, but we remember meeting them at the BBQ. Do ya know if RMFTC is putting it on again this year? I haven't checked in, last time I was there I opened my big mouth and dissed one of those guys ricers... LOL.

Old 05-16-2006, 01:05 AM
Hypoid
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by ceetwarrior
I haven't checked in, last time I was there I opened my big mouth and dissed one of those guys ricers... LOL.
I remember seeing your comment over there... Wasn't it Burg460? I visited with him a few weeks ago, picked up the 360 he wanted gone. Poor guy has WAY too many projects, no wonder he keeps multiple jobs. LOL We took some pics of his broken clutch: Chunks of friction material hanging out, some missing altogether. I haven't seen him post for a while.

Yeah, you'll have to check in, there's a few events going on. John Barker posted a vid of his truck at Bandimere, check it out:
http://www.rmftc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2561

In case I didn't make it plain enough: It'd be great if Spudco & Co. could make it up! Be great to meet up with any FTE-ers who just want to get out for a while...

Old 05-16-2006, 06:44 PM
Spudco
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Count me in!

Hi All!

Once we get to June my schedule opens up a lot.

Just stay "ribeye" and "grill" in the same sentence and I'm there.

The 69 F250 "JT" is running better than ever, I can give you updates when I see you.

Spudco

Old 05-17-2006, 07:39 PM
ceetwarrior
Cargo Master
hypoid, I tried to check out that vid, no worky for me. Stinkin' flash player wouldn't update....

Old 05-18-2006, 12:43 AM
Hypoid
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by Spudco
Just stay "ribeye" and "grill" in the same sentence and I'm there.
Spudco
Hmmmm:
If I light the grill Spudco will bring ribeyes.
That's all one sentence...right? J/K Gene, I could restrain meself no longer.

Yeah Ceet, you'll have to try from a different puter. John pretty much walked away from that little car. I had to research some; he was running 16.9s at the end of last season. Since then he's rebuilt his tranny/transfer case, redone the exhaust. He still has duals, took off the glass packs and installed Flowmaster 50s. They dump right in front of the back axle, sounds nice.

Old 05-18-2006, 10:24 AM
Colo79Ford
Elder User
Yeah, i was running 18.9 about 1.5 years ago, was down to 16.9 at the end of last year, still havent rebuilt the trans .... but did the exhaust like hypoid said.... Running 16.3 now, and have to tune the carb because it is running too lean ( need to increase primary and secondary jet sizes alot). After i do that , and install the valve body i modified hopefully ittl be running 16 flat, or even hit a 15.9...then its time to start building a real truck to race, maybe a 2wd truck this time...and then retire mine to being a tow vehicle/backup truck to race...

--John

Old 05-18-2006, 12:07 PM
FtwoFityboy06
Junior User
Hey, Im new here but I think it would be cool to meet all of you some day! I live in Highlands Ranch, work in Castle Rock ... drive to boulder sometimes to meet up with my girl ... so driving to meet you guys doesnt matter to me

Old 05-18-2006, 02:53 PM
ceetwarrior
Cargo Master
LOL hypoid!

I'm getting anxious to get a time slip! I want to go to Pueblo just so I have an idea, but I still might hold out for Fordfest again, err!!

Old 05-21-2006, 12:35 AM
Hypoid
Cargo Master
FtwoFity yer on! Just don't let my sarcasm hurt your feelers. LOL With this state's geography, we do well enough to meet with others in our region.

Yeah Ceet, if I had the money and the time I'd run local just to find that next weakest link. Should make it easier to get a ride home when things go wrong.

Anyone going to the RMFTC picnic?