Regulated WVO system with built in default?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2006, 03:47 PM
Hotwheelbill
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Regulated WVO system with built in default?

Just drawing plans for my F350 convertion and I plan on using a used NPR truck tank- sprayed with black bed liner. Davo 234 filter, Holly pump and regulator, Heat exhanger as close to the engine as I can, a custom billet fuel bowl cap with a billet fuel bowl filler (reduce valume, less purge time).
What I would like to know is if I use regulated fuel pumps on both diesel and wvo, can I use check valves to default the system? WVO on a little higher psi than diesel and a shut off valve that would circulate the WVO. Or, if the filter clogges...less psi and the diesel takes over without any lost of power or road side work!

How much psi should I use for the diesel and for the WVO?

Last edited by Hotwheelbill; 05-27-2006 at 03:52 PM.
Old 05-28-2006, 11:59 AM
cookie88
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Ya' lost me on this one.

Are you getting rid of the stock fuel pump and filter, or adding the the Holley as a pusher pump to the stock system? Doesn't your heat exchanger need to be in the WVO tank?

Old 05-29-2006, 04:52 AM
Hotwheelbill
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cookie88
Ya' lost me on this one.

Are you getting rid of the stock fuel pump and filter, or adding the the Holley as a pusher pump to the stock system? Doesn't your heat exchanger need to be in the WVO tank?
All stock fuel lines remain, but with a new fuel pump and regulator. WVO tank (heated), new filter (heated), new pump w/regulator (just for WVO), new lines, new heat exchanger. The stock filter will come out and a billet aluminum cap made to fill the same area that the filter filled. This will lower the amount of fuel, WVO, in the fuel bowl when I need to purge it out to shut down on diesel.
I will have one check valve on the diesel line and one on the WVO line. When the WVO preasure is lower than the diesel line, it will simply start pumping diesel instead of WVO. I will also have a valve to open and close the WVO until it is hot.
I started thinking about this after looking at many systems for sale and one of them ...... VEGISTROKER.COM, states that the system will automaticly change to diesel if there is a problem with the WVO system. Sounded good to me. Just need to figure it out without paying the 2k.

Old 05-29-2006, 05:08 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Wow...fordnut74 has come a long way since he's been an active member here. Looks like he put the complete wiring diagram up on his site. Can you not use that as a template?