New York Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: tiny1

What has everyone been doing????

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 09:55 AM
Ronin007
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink What has everyone been doing????

Hi Everyone!! Sorry that I have not been posting. I have been busy dealing with some family illness and taking care of things around both my parent's and my home so I have not really been on the boards other than just checking in. Work has been nuts too. Had to hunt down a bad idle and hard shifting on my SD the last two weeks too. Turned out to be a bad PVC elbow for the idle issue and a bad MAF sensor for the hard shifting. She is good to go now!!

So what has everyone been up to??? It has been pretty quiet on the NY forum. Probably since Art became the new Mod for the V10 forum he doesn't have time for us!! He is doing this all the time!! And with the Captain (yes Charlie I am talking about you!!) having been to Hawaii he hasn't recovered yet!! BTW, where are the pictures???

So post up what you have been up to and what is new. What to make sure everyone is doing alright.

Old 05-17-2006, 11:09 AM
GLR
FTE Legend
Received 846 Likes on 765 Posts
Hi Guys, got moved into our new house, been spending time getting the other one ready to go on the market. Have to get the car trailer inspected, and figure out what to take back to NY in a couple of weeks. Can't go back empty...

Old 05-17-2006, 11:23 AM
Ronin007
Posting Guru
GLR - Congrats on the new house!! I take it that one is in VA? So when are you planning on being in NY? Got to figure out a G2G so people can meet up.

Hummm....if you can't come up with anything to bring back on the car trailer I am sure I could find something for you to bring back for me!!!

Old 05-17-2006, 07:41 PM
GLR
FTE Legend
Received 846 Likes on 765 Posts
House in VA, did look at a 64 SWB guy started to put a 302 in it. It is really just sitting in it. $200 supposedly. I was hoping to sell my son's 83 LTD down here, might have to bring that back. Should be back by 2nd week in June.

Old 05-18-2006, 12:01 PM
Ronin007
Posting Guru
GLR - so if you get the '64 will you bring that to NY with you? Would be interesting to see. Let us know when you are in NY and we can figure out a G2G.

What no one else has anything to say about what they are doing???

JD - is it Angela's birthday today? If so Happy Birthday Ang (cowlady)!!!

Old 05-18-2006, 06:54 PM
jasonschwenk
Elder User
it is baseball season here

school team and travel team
ie
wed school game
thurs school game
fri double header travel
sat school game and double header travel
sun double header travel
and oh yeah side job for the wife's new business sat and sun
and my poor truck hasn't seen soap in TWO weeks

Old 05-20-2006, 09:57 AM
Ronin007
Posting Guru
Jason - I hear you. How is the new business going??? Hope all is going well.

So where is everyone else????

Old 05-20-2006, 10:11 AM
captchas
was out to HI. for 12 days total. the last day we sat on the runway started to take off and the captain aborted the take off seconds under power . then we sat for 6 hours on the tarmack while they changed the generator on the left engine. would you beleive our lugage got to newark before us? it was on another plane.
we refinanced the house so that took some time away and then on the 15th i had to take a ambulance ride to the hospital due to severe pain and unable to move my left arm. so now i have on a hard neck brace am takeing a lot of pain meds "perkoset" and see the neuro surgen on tues day morn with a penicled in date of the 25th to redo my neck as the other 3 disc levels have failed . and i also found out my lumbar discs "all" have failed so it's bad shape.
i had problems in HI. with it but shrugded it off so i could enjoy the trip. stiil with one hand fte helps pass the day sitting here

Old 05-20-2006, 10:23 AM
Ronin007
Posting Guru
Wow Charlie!! Sorry to hear that!! I spent all day yesterday in the hospital with my Dad having a medical procedure done. Nothing like what you are having however. I wish you luck. I can only imagine what you are going through.

Glad you had a good time in Hawaii. Did you take a lot of pictures? Post them if you can. Would love to see them. My parents are orignially from Hawaii before they came to the mainland. Almost all of my relatives are their with a few in the LA/SF area in CA.

Keep us posted on how you are doing.

Old 05-25-2006, 06:25 PM
captchas
wow whats going on with the old timers lately my dad is the same only we have him a home.
found out my neck is so bad i have to go to doctor in phili that is 1 of 2 in the north east that does the type of surgury i need to redo the other docs screw up. and by screw up i mean big time get a lawyer kind of .

Old 05-26-2006, 09:55 AM
Ronin007
Posting Guru
Charlie - I hope your Dad is doing better. Mine seems to be on the up swing and hopefully it stays that way. Sorry to hear about your troubles. Hope you are able to get it all sorted out and get a nice great big settlement out of it!!! If you buy out Ford I will know what happened!!!

Old 05-26-2006, 03:18 PM
captchas
no just a 1 acre lot with a 3 bed room house on mauai. in the part they call upcountry at about 2k on the 10.3 k mountain. thats about a 1/2 hour drive to the ocean. that road is 37 miles from the air port to the mountains top and at 40 mph max speed with a lot of switch backs .you know what i mean

Old 05-27-2006, 07:55 AM
bterry
Elder User
Hey folks, I figured this is a good place to post again - since I haven't in a while... Been real busy with family, racecar, resto project, and currently a trip to Charlotte, NC. Came down here for business this past week and staying on for the races. Hope you've all been well.

Old 05-28-2006, 09:25 AM
Ronin007
Posting Guru
Charlie - yeah I hear you. If it wasn't for my father coming to the mainland to go to college I would probably be living in Hawaii myself. All of my relatives are there and in CA. Oh well can't have them all. Hope you are doing well. Keep us posted on how you making out with your neck.

Barr - I was wondering about you. When you get a chance you will have to post up pics of your progress on your racecar and resto projects. Glad to hear you are doing well. Hope you are having fun at the races. Enjoy!!

Well I am getting ready to go back outside to work on the vehicles. Getting them cleaned up from the wintertime. I know, it almost June and I haven't had time to really clean them up. Been too busy at work and family medical issues which by the way have slowed up and my Dad seems to be on the mend. Hope it stays that way.

So where is everyone else and what have you been up to???

Old 05-29-2006, 08:54 PM
captchas
claening cars i hear you my son in law left is 67 camaro big block toy here for storage for a while wonder if my neck can handle a wheeelie or 2 .
found me a doc in hackensack that can do whats needed for me better then phili's 2.5 hour drive . hackensack is 50 mins at worst so it looks like by the 21st i'll know whats going on. and when it goes down. tomorrow is just right the way i feel.

Quick Reply: What has everyone been doing????