It's ALIVE!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2006, 06:51 PM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Talking It's ALIVE!!

Well not really...............but it does work! Just ran my first test of my new rotary oil cleaner and it works great. Takes all the labor out of dumping and cleaning 30-40 cubes of WVO. Now I just have to finish the 500 gal heating tank and I can start processing oil again. Just in time too, as I just signed a 2 year contract for 3,500 gal/mo from Portland,Or. After 2 years I may just start making some money with this..................More to spend on my FORDS!!!

A happy FABMANDELUX

Old 05-09-2006, 10:25 AM
kennedyford
Fleet Mechanic
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey, I keep keying up on the use of your term cubes. Can you give me a little description on that? Oh, and call me again if your able to spare some next week. I may be delivering another trailer there. Thanks, Troy

Old 05-09-2006, 02:43 PM
dslmn
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fabman,

congrats on the latest mod. sounds like you're on the upside of the curve.

Got a question. What's your estimate of the efficiency of methanol recovery? How much do you get back on a percentage basis per unit of methanol put into a batch?

Old 05-09-2006, 08:15 PM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by dslmn
Fabman,

congrats on the latest mod. sounds like you're on the upside of the curve.

Got a question. What's your estimate of the efficiency of methanol recovery? How much do you get back on a percentage basis per unit of methanol put into a batch?
I get a solid 25 percent back with my heated still. I should be able to squeek another 5 percent out with the new Vaccume Still. About 30 percent is the max you can get.

FABMANDELUX.

Old 05-09-2006, 08:26 PM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by kennedyford
Hey, I keep keying up on the use of your term cubes. Can you give me a little description on that? Oh, and call me again if your able to spare some next week. I may be delivering another trailer there. Thanks, Troy
Cubes are the 35lb boxes that the resturants get there oil in. The new rotary cleaner has a Air operated lift that dumps these '"cubes" into the cleaner. Pics are in my gallery.

Looks like I may miss you again! I've got a speach and Biodiesel demo In Baker City next week the 16th tru the 18th. I'd love to get you some fuel but I'm still down for another 2 weeks till the new processer install is complete. If I don't quit "flapping my gums" at these Bio demos and Co-Op meetings I'll never get it finished! I'm going to have to get it in gear soon or I'm going to run out myself.

PM me your Phone number again I can't seem to find it in the thing I call my "desk"!

FABMANDELUX.

Last edited by fabmandelux; 05-09-2006 at 08:30 PM.
Old 05-09-2006, 09:49 PM
kennedyford
Fleet Mechanic
No prob. Im wanting to jump on that same bandwagon here. Im having probs trying to locate the local co-op groups. Got any hints? We need to set up a time and actually meet. It might be possible to expand your biz here as a LLC or sister plant. I can get any addatives I want as Im trying to become the rep in my state. It helps if I can represent the local Primrose chemicals and have a fuel developed too. Im pm ing you now.

Old 05-10-2006, 07:46 AM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
No prob. Im wanting to jump on that same bandwagon here. Im having probs trying to locate the local co-op groups. Got any hints? We need to set up a time and actually meet. It might be possible to expand your biz here as a LLC or sister plant. I can get any addatives I want as Im trying to become the rep in my state. It helps if I can represent the local Primrose chemicals and have a fuel developed too. Im pm ing you now.

I've already formed a new consulting company: Oregon Trail Biofuels LLC. I'll try and call you today.

FABMANDELUX.

Old 05-12-2006, 09:48 PM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Troy: Good to talk to you on the phone the other day. You said you were going to switch from NaOH to KOH and would try to find someone to buy the NaOH from you. What about building your own "hot-tank"? NaOH is what I use in mine, have for 30 years. 12.5 lbs NaOH per 100 gal water, heat to 180 deg F...........instant Hot-tank! It will strip all the paint and grease off anything made of Iron, and if you use a 2 amp battery charger hooked to it, it will strip off all the rust too!

FABMANDELUX.

Old 05-13-2006, 09:51 PM
kennedyford
Fleet Mechanic
I just get off the phone with you and you still come up with ideas for leftovers. Im just a young punk spongin up the ideas and innovations of ol' guys.

Old 05-14-2006, 08:31 AM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
I just get off the phone with you and you still come up with ideas for leftovers. Im just a young punk spongin up the ideas and innovations of ol' guys.

Well Troy heres another one! The linky: http://www.butanol.com Not only can you use it in any amount, and without eng mods, but you can use it to replace methanol in our biodiesel processers!

I still haven't found my link to the "pulsed-flow-reactor" but I will.....................

FABMANDELUX.

Old 05-14-2006, 04:36 PM
kennedyford
Fleet Mechanic
How about posting that ol' WWII slowburning junk thing making methane thing thing. Ive already forgotten what you call it.

Old 05-14-2006, 05:08 PM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
How about posting that ol' WWII slowburning junk thing making methane thing thing. Ive already forgotten what you call it.
Its called a "wood-gas generator" Yes it can be used to run a diesel engine!

Links: http://www.gengas.nu/gyggbes/index.shtml

http://www.windward.org/notes/notes63/wal63_b.htm

http://www.motherearthnews.com/libra...ood_gas_update

This should give you an understanding of how it works. I'll be building one this fall and will post pics then.

FABMANDELUX.