Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow

This board is slower than a lame turtle stuck in molassass

Old 04-12-2006, 08:31 AM
BrianA
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yep. that about sums it up.
I'd equate it to being slower than smoke off week old dog poop.

Never really have figured out why. Some state chapters are bustling with activity and some are just (like ours) kinda' lame.

I think it is mostly a matter of happenstance. Some forums happen to have quite a few younger guys (college and 20's) who get together and do stuff.
I think a lot of the guys here (like me) are older (mid 40s) and stay busy with work, ballgames, etc. So, it's harder to have a lot going on outside our normal coming and going.

Well, maybe things will pick up. But, to be honest, with summer right around the corner, I figure everybody will be off to the lake, gone to the beach, out fishing, or (in my case) motorcycle riding or at baseball tournaments.

Maybe one day we can have a get-together, or do something.

But, the State Forum is always here if we need to ask for local advice, opinions, help, etc.

Old 04-12-2006, 11:54 AM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
Sounds like a load of excusses to me You won't know if anyone will come to a meeting unless you have one or at least discuss one

Originally Posted by "B"
Never really have figured out why. Some state chapters are bustling with activity and some are just (like ours) kinda' lame.
Neither have I. I'm not going to say the VAC is the cream of the crop, but we're doing O.K. Tell you what though, there is quite the bit of sweat equity on my part in that chapter.

And I don't remember seeing you in the Chapter leaders forum. . .Stop by so we can help you out and poke fun at the same time

Old 04-12-2006, 04:13 PM
rednekrailroader
Senior User
Maybe we oughta have an Alabama Chapter truck show/cookout/fishing tournament? That would be awesome.

Old 04-13-2006, 04:00 AM
rednekrailroader
Senior User
Maybe somewhere close to Montgomery since that might be the mot central location?

Old 04-14-2006, 09:22 AM
jjg052590
Senior User
I vote lake martin! But I'm more of a hunter than a fisher, never really been into the fishing stuff, but hey I'd go just to hang with some people and be with trucks!

Old 04-14-2006, 11:54 AM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
Look at that! The wheels are turning

Have you thought about contacting users who live in Alabama? Most probably don't even know this forum is here. Click members list at the top of the page, then seach. In the search window, click advanced. Then just search all members in alabama. PM them invites to discuss a meet or just stop by the chapter, you might be surprised Since Brians a Mod as well, he might have some special privelages concerning searches and contacting and what-not

Good luck!

Old 04-15-2006, 12:35 AM
rednekrailroader
Senior User
Originally Posted by jjg052590
I vote lake martin! But I'm more of a hunter than a fisher, never really been into the fishing stuff, but hey I'd go just to hang with some people and be with trucks!
Or how about a peanut boil/bird shoot/truck show? Although since I feel like there will probably be some alcohol involved, maybe taking (most of) the firearms out of the picture is a GOOD thing.

Is there even a place on Lake Martin we could pull off something like this? I mean, if 5 people show up we could do it anywhere, but if 200 trucks show up (riiight) we could have a problem.

Old 04-15-2006, 10:48 AM
jjg052590
Senior User
Originally Posted by rednekrailroader
Or how about a peanut boil/bird shoot/truck show? Although since I feel like there will probably be some alcohol involved, maybe taking (most of) the firearms out of the picture is a GOOD thing.

Is there even a place on Lake Martin we could pull off something like this? I mean, if 5 people show up we could do it anywhere, but if 200 trucks show up (riiight) we could have a problem.
alcohols not for me, I'm to young lol

Old 04-17-2006, 10:43 PM
rednekrailroader
Senior User
Ok, so no alcohol for you. But how about the ideas? I mean they'll probably need a LOT of work since the only people I've seen in here are 3 from AL and one from VA (who is very much invited if we have us a shindig). Or maybe we oughta just do something like coffee except I don't drink coffee so I'll have a Mountain Dew.

Old 04-18-2006, 03:34 PM
jjg052590
Senior User
I dont know you can almost count me out with gas at 2.839 a gallon!

Old 04-19-2006, 03:59 PM
rednekrailroader
Senior User
That's why you talk someone you know who drives a Ford into going and you just ride with them.

Old 04-21-2006, 02:09 PM
White Noise
Senior User
Hey everyone, I'm sorry I haven't been active in the past two weeks. My father died last week and I have slowly been getting back in the swing of things. Anyways if ya'll plan something from late May or on, then I will be 90% sure to be there. This summer I'm going to be staying in Pell City working in Jefferson/Blount County.

Old 04-21-2006, 02:31 PM
j&bsuv
Senior User
Hey Alabama .. Hello from Missouri. Just wanted to say hi .

Old 04-21-2006, 11:35 PM
rednekrailroader
Senior User
Yeah! More people in here! Sorry to hear about your dad White Noise. I offer my condolences to you and your family. I do think we ought to have some kind of get together. So maybe a fishing tournament is a little out of reach. What we really need to do is track down some more Alabama people and come up with a plan. There has got to be more than 4 or 5 people on here because every where I look I see Fords. I mean, I got passed by a 1966 F-100 today so I know there are people around who love the oval.

Quick Reply: Wow